Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3171138 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1620 on: September 18, 2006, 03:13:53 pm »
 :) 
I defy you not to throw yourself and/or your undergarments at the screen whilst viewing it.

LOL - I knew there was at least one I was leaving out - I did see it and he just blew me away - whew, he was/is incredibly sexy!!!!
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1621 on: September 18, 2006, 03:35:29 pm »
I love these pictures of Jake (from Jarhead) .... he looks like a little lost boy ...  :(

Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1622 on: September 18, 2006, 03:50:15 pm »
Here's another picture from "Donnie Darko" ... slightly different than the other one I had posted ...

BTW - the theatrical release of this film has a commentary with Jake and he says ... "Wow! Jena and I really did some serious suck face in this movie!" I thought that was funny ... because it's TRUE!!
Diane

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1623 on: September 18, 2006, 06:48:30 pm »

Tell you what, I guess because of the way this photo of Maggie sort of emphasizes her chin, it made me think of these opening lines from Gone With the Wind:

Scarlett O'Hara was not beautiful, but men seldom realized it when caught by her charm. ... It was an arresting face, pointed of chin, square of jaw.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #1624 on: September 18, 2006, 07:00:28 pm »
I love these pictures of Jake (from Jarhead) .... he looks like a little lost boy ...  :(

I love both of these, especially the second one... it's one of my favorite scenes in the movie. I really think Jarhead is my favorite performance of Jake's... Jack Twist is my favorite character of his, but I just love him in Jarhead. He should have been nominated for it, IMO
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1625 on: September 18, 2006, 07:36:45 pm »
I love both of these, especially the second one... it's one of my favorite scenes in the movie. I really think Jarhead is my favorite performance of Jake's... Jack Twist is my favorite character of his, but I just love him in Jarhead. He should have been nominated for it, IMO

Yes ... Jake's performance in "Jarhead" is incredible! It would have been nice if he was nominated for best actor in "Jarhead" along with his best supporting actor nomination for "BBM". But .... c'est la vie! It was not to be!  :(
Diane

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #1626 on: September 18, 2006, 07:41:46 pm »
I enjoyed Jarhead, but I know many people who did not...

I think it might have been considered too liberal for the conservatives, and too militaristic for the liberals.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1627 on: September 18, 2006, 07:56:51 pm »
...And entirely worth the climb.   :o
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      jocularity en multitudineous

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1628 on: September 18, 2006, 09:12:01 pm »
Ok here is a weird challenge for Barb   ::):

Here we have two newish videos posted on YouTube in the past month.  Video A and video B.  Can you please view both of them and tell me which one you like better?  I am not asking about the music, just about the pictures.  I know that one of them has really goofy music, this challenge is just about the pictures.

Video A:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyzUuVVkr_w

Video B: 

Video B:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSRvcFKVEDk

Soooo, which set of pics do you like better Barb?   ;)

tks, J

im not barb but i like the first one the best,,,,,janice

Beautiful mind

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #1629 on: September 19, 2006, 11:38:01 am »
I enjoyed Jarhead, but I know many people who did not...

I think it might have been considered too liberal for the conservatives, and too militaristic for the liberals.

For me it was just right. ;)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich