Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3163157 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1700 on: October 01, 2006, 11:38:51 pm »

Hey, good news people!   :D  I went to get my groceries tonight, and the cover of the National Enquirer was all about "Hollywood Celebrities  --  Who's Gay, who's not".  And among all of the celebrities in the article, and this is not the complete list:  Oprah, Stedman, Tatum O'Neal, Drew Barrymore, Lance Armstrong, Matthew McC, and a whole bunch more, our beloved Jake was not mentioned once!!

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  they left him alone!!!!!  I am so relieved that he is getting some peace, anyway.  He must have good PR people, to keep his name out of trashy stories like that.  Well actually there were a few other A-List stars who could have been dissed, but who were conspicuously absent.....

Anyway, just found it a relief....

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1701 on: October 02, 2006, 09:13:41 am »
Yep.  I was just thinking recently how they're not speculating much about that anymore.  I think what it boils down to is that he's kept a relatively low profile lately compared with Lance and McG, and the tabloid vultures are too busy getting on that one like white on rice to be bothered with someone who is just quietly minding his own business and keeping his shit together.  And yes, his PR people are definitely no dummies.  Tom Cruise should give them a call.  Nah - too late.  There's no fixing the damage he's done to his own image and career now.

It's the nature of the beast - kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down.  Frankly, I blame the media for pretty much everything that's wrong in our society, from the fact that George Fucking Bush won another election (let alone the first one) down to the fact that Brokeback Mountain lost the Oscar it rightfully deserved.  They are the ones who set the tone.  They are the ones who try, convict and hang someone before they ever set foot in a courtroom.  They are the ones who make assholes like Paris Hilton and Amy Fisher famous.

But then again, we are the ones who buy it all.  Hook, line and sinker.  They've got us by the short hairs, and they're twisting them.

Hurray for Jake for finding a way to fly under their radar again.  And of course that's not to say hurray that they don't think he's gay anymore, like being gay in itself is a bad thing.  That's to say hurray that they're leaving him alone.  At least until the next time he's in the media spotlight and they see an easy way to make a buck off of speculating about his private life again.

:P
No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #1702 on: October 02, 2006, 10:54:22 am »
we are in need for some Jack Twist pics

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #1703 on: October 02, 2006, 12:51:04 pm »

Oh my... oh my, oh my... that first one is unutterably gorgeous... and is now my desktop wallpaper  :P

Something about his face is completely relaxed, completely at peace and completely up for it  :P all at the same time...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 12:54:09 pm by saucycobblers »
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #1704 on: October 02, 2006, 02:51:40 pm »

I love that last one! That cute little smirk of his... oh man  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #1705 on: October 02, 2006, 10:02:21 pm »
I L-O-O-VVV-V-EE this photo. It makes we want to melt.

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #1706 on: October 03, 2006, 08:13:34 am »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #1707 on: October 03, 2006, 08:16:10 am »
How do these photogs find him and I cant?   >:(

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1708 on: October 03, 2006, 10:31:33 am »
How do these photogs find him and I cant?   >:(

I think you should be glad you're not as good at stalking as they are, Di.  :)
No more beans!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #1709 on: October 03, 2006, 06:56:02 pm »
I L-O-O-VVV-V-EE this photo. It makes we want to melt.

Jake has a way of looking at anyone that makes them want to melt... or give it a good try anyway...

He would be great at international diplomacy.... Just send him over and have him give them the look...

Of course, then people all over the world would be finding ways to start wars instead of end them, so maybe not such a good idea.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.