Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3174688 times)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2010 on: November 05, 2006, 09:50:07 pm »
 ???

Is there a new DVD?   :o   Or is there going to be one or is it just a rumor/wishful thinking?  ???
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2011 on: November 06, 2006, 12:38:12 am »
???

Is there a new DVD?   :o   Or is there going to be one or is it just a rumor/wishful thinking?  ???

Yep Collectors Edition set for release January 23, 2007 with additional commentary and deleted scenes according to the Universal Studios Home Video Site.

http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/details.php?childId=36609

;D ;D ;D ;D
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2012 on: November 06, 2006, 08:56:02 am »
Hey Dot Matrix,

Where did you get that photo of the "Jack" shirtless in a deleted scene?    :D

I guess JAKE doesn't look as pumped up in that scene as he did in other scenes (TS#2),  as he more natural looking.   Maybe TS#2 was closer to the end of filming... Don't know the exact sequence order of filming, but I did read that he was pumping iron on the set of BBM in preparation for filming JARHEAD.   I believe he was instructed by Sam Mendes as he wanted JAKE to look "boot camp," marine.   

Heath said he didn't work out for BBM because men in the early 1960's weren't pumping iron. 

Thanks for the photo. Lets hope there quite a bit of "deleted scenes" in the January edition.

I can never get my fill of "Jack" photos. :)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #2013 on: November 06, 2006, 10:13:21 am »
Cool beans!

But now that means I'm gonna have to fork over more money to buy another DVD of the same movie - darn it!

(Maybe I can gift my current copy to someone.)

I kind of thought Jake looked pretty lean and smooth throughout the movie, including TS#2.  He definitely seemed 'bigger' to me in Jarhead.
And the fact they used a fat suit on him, when he was supposed to play 39 years of age, that was cute.
I thought they did a pretty good job of 'aging' both of them, but especially Heath/Ennis was an amazing transformation.  Just my thoughts.
 :)  Have a great day, y'all!
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2014 on: November 06, 2006, 08:27:08 pm »
I thought they did a pretty good job of 'aging' both of them, but especially Heath/Ennis was an amazing transformation.

I agree.  I honestly don't get it when people bitch about how bad the aging make-up was.  I thought it was tremendous, particularly in Heath's case.  I totally believed that he could be a girl of Kate Mara's age's father in that last scene, even though she's probably really just a few years younger than he is.  And I thought the paunch on Jake looked very believable.  And where there was any flaws in how much of their youth the make-up could hide, they made up for it with their acting.  Jake at the lake watching the truck drive away with all the light drained out of his eyes looked absolutely like someone who had been beaten down by life for many years.
No more beans!

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2015 on: November 06, 2006, 11:27:04 pm »

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2016 on: November 06, 2006, 11:28:24 pm »
Yeah for me! Over 400 posts!   ;D

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2017 on: November 07, 2006, 12:27:31 am »

oh my god.... Leslie, I love this picture! I think you may have just killed me  ::)

Congrats on the 400 posts  ;)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #2018 on: November 07, 2006, 12:29:30 am »

I've never seen this one before! That smile makes me melt... it's amazing how Jake can turn me into a 12 year old fan girl...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #2019 on: November 07, 2006, 01:03:37 am »
Thought this little story was kind of cute, from Perezhilton.com  :D

Jakey Gyllenhaal coming out of the Hollywood Physicians' office on Hollywood/La Brea after getting a physical on Friday.

He was very nice to people standing around and a pregnant woman said "You are actually better looking in person." To which he said "And you are very pregnant in person!"

And they both laughed.

Awwww.