Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3174892 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2220 on: December 06, 2006, 12:51:36 am »
It's kinda dumb, really.  Them laughing and joking around outside her trailer is the same as Brangelina?  People don't usually joke around with their co-workers?  Hell, if that's all the criteria needed, I'd have had full-blown affairs with pretty much all my male co-workers and some of the female ones by now as far as the tabloid media are concerned.  And regardless, comparing them to Brad and Angelina is silly.  First of all, he was *married*.  Separated with divorce proceedings underway is a whole other thing.  Second of all, he's not hanging out *in* the trailer, now is he?

Friggin' media.

What Barb said.  It's just gossip.  Jake is well-known as the 'life of the party' and a real people person.  He's the first sympathetic and not stuck on himself male actor to work with Reese since her breakup.  Most of the time when that happens, the guys are Galahads and a real comfort to their leading ladies.  The gossip always starts then.  Heck, I remember when Nicole Kidman was divorcing Tom Cruise and her first movie was Moulin Rouge with Ewan McGregor who is also known as the life of any party and a real people person.  He and Nicole were seen holding hands, flirting and talking together a lot.  What became of that?

Nothing.

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #2221 on: December 06, 2006, 02:32:23 am »
I watched Jarhead tonight.  I just felt like I needed some Jakey goodness.  Damn, but he is good in that movie.  And hot.  Oh yes.  But I think that Jarhead and BBM really represent what Jake's capable of as an actor...most of his previous roles, even the meatier ones like Darko and Good Girl, were a bit teen-idol cookie-cutter emo-kid.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2222 on: December 06, 2006, 06:37:22 am »
I watched Jarhead tonight.  I just felt like I needed some Jakey goodness.  Damn, but he is good in that movie.  And hot.  Oh yes.  But I think that Jarhead and BBM really represent what Jake's capable of as an actor...most of his previous roles, even the meatier ones like Darko and Good Girl, were a bit teen-idol cookie-cutter emo-kid.

I thought Jake's performance in Jarhead was great. I didn't really like the movie,  but Jake was very good, and so was Peter Sarsgaard. Swoff was a very cocky guy, and Jake delivered that very good. He also did a gread job playing cute but scary Donnie Darko. I was impressed by both performances.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2223 on: December 06, 2006, 11:14:30 am »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2224 on: December 06, 2006, 10:19:53 pm »
this needs a little BUMP  :D

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2225 on: December 06, 2006, 11:38:43 pm »
What Barb said.  It's just gossip.  Jake is well-known as the 'life of the party' and a real people person.  He's the first sympathetic and not stuck on himself male actor to work with Reese since her breakup.  Most of the time when that happens, the guys are Galahads and a real comfort to their leading ladies.  The gossip always starts then.  Heck, I remember when Nicole Kidman was divorcing Tom Cruise and her first movie was Moulin Rouge with Ewan McGregor who is also known as the life of any party and a real people person.  He and Nicole were seen holding hands, flirting and talking together a lot.  What became of that?

Nothing.

Good call, Del.  Reese is wise to request that cell phones be banned from the set for that very reason.  And I totally remember, now that you mention it, the Ewan/Nicole crapola during the Moulin Rouge filming.  The vultures particularly like that Sir Galahad angle, don't they?

::)
No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2226 on: December 07, 2006, 07:18:55 pm »
Good call, Del.  Reese is wise to request that cell phones be banned from the set for that very reason.  And I totally remember, now that you mention it, the Ewan/Nicole crapola during the Moulin Rouge filming.  The vultures particularly like that Sir Galahad angle, don't they?
 ::)

Yeah, they do, because every now and then, something comes of it - see Jen and Vince - who, according to all and sundry - are now kaput.  I always thought theirs was a rebound thing anyway.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2227 on: December 07, 2006, 09:13:24 pm »
this needs a little BUMP  :D

Jake seems to be standing in front of piece of work created by Banksy - a well known graffiti artist. Some of his work is quite thought provoking.

Sorry - rather OT.

Karen

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2228 on: December 08, 2006, 11:49:31 am »
Beefy Jake walks through a parking lot somewhere in LA (From People)

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2229 on: December 08, 2006, 01:34:59 pm »
LOL.  I take it they don't mention he's actually backing up there, do they?  ;)
No more beans!