Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3175030 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4940 on: March 29, 2010, 02:55:34 pm »
Jake was wonderful in Brothers.  He plays a bad boy.  He's so so  HANDSOME.   

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4941 on: March 30, 2010, 02:18:50 pm »
Jake mentions Heath in interview:

OK, I’ll hold you to that. In this movie Tobey again will be seen as a great actor. A lot of people just remember him as Spiderman – do you think people will be surprised?

Yes. It’s like when I worked with Heath Ledger. When we started working together I think people were blown away by his performance in the movie (Brokeback Mountain). I don’t think people expected that from him. At least that’s what I heard that from the journalists and people who saw that movie. It is wonderful to see someone who everybody talks about. It is wonderful to hear. It is wonderful to have either fooled the people as he has done or to have been honest in the way that he has been that they go, wow!. 

http://alive-sydney.whereilive.com.au/news/story/interview-jake-gyllenhaal/

My thanks too, MiilAn, for posting this interview but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what it is that Jake is saying so perhaps you or others can help me out. My problems really start with those three "wonderfuls":

1. "It is wonderful to see someone who everybody talks about". Is Jake talking here about seeing Heath's performance on the screen or seeing him in real life as they're very good friends or both?

2."It is wonderful to hear". Is Jake saying it's wonderful to hear people praising Heath's performance? I suppose so.

3. "It is wonderful to have either fooled the people as he has done or to have been honest in the way that he has been that they go, wow!. " This is the statement that I find the most puzzling. What is Jake implying when he says that it's wonderful that Heath has "fooled the people"?  Likewise how has he been "honest in the way that he has been"? In his performance as Ennis, perhaps?

Sorry to be so slow on the uptake but any help would be much appreciated.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4942 on: March 30, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »
chowhound

My interpretation: Jake is essentially comparing Tobey's performance in Brothers to Heath's in BBM. Like with Tobey in Brothers many were surprised that Heath was capable of giving such a great performance in BBM. And Jake is saying  that it's wonderful that they surprised people and put in an honest (realistic looking) performance.

I've mentioned it before, but I don't think Heath's iconic performance in BBM can be compared to Tobey's in Brothers.  And Heath sure had some great performances before Brokeback, not as great though. :)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4943 on: March 31, 2010, 01:57:20 pm »
A new interview with Jake about Price of Persia:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wonderconnews.php?id=64701

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #4944 on: March 31, 2010, 02:31:00 pm »
wow Jake is amazing!

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #4945 on: April 01, 2010, 04:39:12 pm »
 Unfortunately not even Jake's crystal blue eyes or all the other special effects in this commercial can make me believe, that this is, a really good movie. But it was lovely to see Jake and watch his interaction with the interviewer, its probably more entertaining then the movie itself.  ;D 

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #4946 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:24 pm »
Unfortunately not even Jake's crystal blue eyes or all the other special effects in this commercial can make me believe, that this is, a really good movie. But it was lovely to see Jake and watch his interaction with the interviewer, its probably more entertaining then the movie itself.  ;D 

I see what you mean here,Sopylicious, about Jake and the interviewer.  Its always good to see Jake, but somehow I am more convinced now then I was before that POP will be a decent movie.  The POP trailers reminded me of an Indiana Jones type movie  or even a real life Aladdin without the genie.   I hope for dear Jake's sake that this movie will be a good movie, even the blockbuster he is hoping for in his career.  None the less it will decent. As far as I am concerned Jake has never been a bad movie. Like you said Jake's crystal blue eyes will please me enough.  Its doubtful POP will be a boring movie.  I'm looking forward to movie night. ;D

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4947 on: April 02, 2010, 12:18:34 pm »

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4948 on: April 04, 2010, 02:11:51 pm »
Jake at Wondercon (I read PoP was well received) :) :

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4949 on: April 05, 2010, 11:54:13 am »

Jake at Wondercon (I read PoP was well received) :) :

Great photo here--very crinkle-y!

Tim Mosenfelder / Getty Images

Jake Gyllenhaal attends the Walt Disney Studios WonderCon 2010 presentation at Moscone Center in San Francisco on Saturday, April 3. The actor was promoting his upcoming film "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time."

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"