Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3174775 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5120 on: June 04, 2010, 06:24:22 pm »
the ABC news interview

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5121 on: June 04, 2010, 06:25:43 pm »
OMG I´m having a sucha fan girl moment here it´s pathetic

ha ha ha

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5122 on: June 04, 2010, 06:43:59 pm »
Best changes to spot Jake, at the She and him or Florence and the machine consert. And what about Jake Gyllenhaal as Kurt Cobain.... Interview with Jake and Gemma

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5123 on: June 04, 2010, 06:49:33 pm »

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5124 on: June 05, 2010, 10:21:59 am »
 Another lovely interview with jake and the newspaper Americanway

http://www.americanwaymag.com/jake-gyllenhaal-maggie-gyllenhaal-editor-actor

what Jake said about Heath in this interview....

“A year ago, Entertainment Weekly spoke to a lot of people for a piece about Heath Ledger. The screenwriter, producer and cinematographer of Brokeback Mountain all talked. You were conspicuously absent. Are you uncomfortable remembering him in public?”

“Yes,” he said, pausing. “Brokeback was painful. Any time you go into pain, I don’t think you necessarily want to go back. But the results of that film, and how the public responded to it so hugely, were worth it. Walking through any kind of pain is usually worth it. As close as we all became making that movie, for all those other people, it didn’t extend much farther than [the movie itself], so that experience of work could be easily talked about for publications. The experience Heath and I had was also shared publicly with all the press and publicity we did. But what we shared as friends, though I respect the interest that so many people have in the mourning and grieving process and how it feels to other people, I feel like — and I don’t mean this in an unkind way — but I don’t think it’s anybody’s business but his and mine. So in that sense, to really respect him — and also the way he felt about his life and his private life and what he cared about, because he was a deeply caring and loving human being — every time anybody asks me any question about him, it would be like he was sitting next to me, and I know he would roll his eyes, because that’s the way he was. It was between us.”

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5125 on: June 05, 2010, 03:44:46 pm »

“A year ago, Entertainment Weekly spoke to a lot of people for a piece about Heath Ledger. The screenwriter, producer and cinematographer of Brokeback Mountain all talked. You were conspicuously absent. Are you uncomfortable remembering him in public?”

“Yes,” he said, pausing. “Brokeback was painful. Any time you go into pain, I don’t think you necessarily want to go back. But the results of that film, and how the public responded to it so hugely, were worth it. Walking through any kind of pain is usually worth it. As close as we all became making that movie, for all those other people, it didn’t extend much farther than [the movie itself], so that experience of work could be easily talked about for publications. The experience Heath and I had was also shared publicly with all the press and publicity we did. But what we shared as friends, though I respect the interest that so many people have in the mourning and grieving process and how it feels to other people, I feel like — and I don’t mean this in an unkind way — but I don’t think it’s anybody’s business but his and mine. So in that sense, to really respect him — and also the way he felt about his life and his private life and what he cared about, because he was a deeply caring and loving human being — every time anybody asks me any question about him, it would be like he was sitting next to me, and I know he would roll his eyes, because that’s the way he was. It was between us.”

:o :o :o

I've been away from this thread too long.  When was the first time Jake spoke about Heath?  Is this it?  Or is there something earlier?

Offline Sophia

« Reply #5126 on: June 05, 2010, 06:17:07 pm »

I've been away from this thread too long.  When was the first time Jake spoke about Heath?  Is this it?  Or is there something earlier?

there are several interviews where Jake talks about Heath, Brokeback mountain. You should be able to find them here at this thread. And the first time was with Nate Berkus at a premiere.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5127 on: June 05, 2010, 10:58:05 pm »
The GQ interview was a big one, where he opened up about Heath.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5128 on: June 05, 2010, 11:04:19 pm »

Thanks for sharing this Bud.  Very powerful comments.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5129 on: June 05, 2010, 11:54:11 pm »

I've been away from this thread too long.  When was the first time Jake spoke about Heath?  Is this it?  Or is there something earlier?

The GQ interview was a big one, where he opened up about Heath.

There are some transcribed excerpts --
click the cover, then follow a few pages after--

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"