Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3170539 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #5590 on: January 13, 2014, 09:09:09 pm »
Actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Josh Brolin in Nepal to shoot Everest film ‘Into Thin Air’

Hollywood actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Josh Brolin have arrived in Nepal to shoot a new film based on the Everest bestseller “Into Thin Air”, a government official said Monday.

Brolin and Gyllenhaal, who are staying at a five-star hotel in Kathmandu, will play the lead roles in the film, named “Everest”, which will focus on an ill-fated attempt to scale the world’s tallest mountain in 1996.

Iceland’s Baltasar Kormakur is directing the film, which tells the story of how eight climbers lost their lives when a rogue storm struck the mountain.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/13/actors-jake-gyllenhaal-and-josh-brolin-in-nepal-to-shoot-everest-film-into-thin-air/
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake! (Or, one evening in NY in the Restaurant Pastis--)
« Reply #5591 on: February 28, 2014, 12:11:53 pm »

Natalie Holst: One time Jake Gyllenhaal came into the restaurant and kept asking me to move tables every 20 minutes. Turned out he was just trying to strike up a conversation. He said, “I was just waiting for you to get off work.” It was nice and sweet. I had a boyfriend at the time, but I still went out with him — I mean, it’s Jake Gyllenhaal. It was a little surreal.

From today's New York Magazine

http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/02/keith-mcnally-pastis-oral-history.html

Sex, Steak Frites,
and Celebrities

An oral history of Pastis,
the iconic Meatpacking District eatery
on the day it closes its doors.

By Joshua David Stein
2/28/14 at 08:15 AM

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: Jake Jake Jake! (Or, one evening in NY in the Restaurant Pastis--)
« Reply #5592 on: February 28, 2014, 12:22:21 pm »

Anna Shin: It was always important to place the celebrities well, somewhere they weren’t exposed and had an easy exit. The best place was along the wall in the back room. But the other key element was not making too much of a fuss. One time  Jake Gyllenhaal came in when he was dating Kirsten Dunst. They were approached by a group of adoring girls. I walked by and subtly made eye contact with him. He nodded as if to say, It’s okay. I can handle it.

From today's New York Magazine

http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/02/keith-mcnally-pastis-oral-history.html

Sex, Steak Frites,
and Celebrities

An oral history of Pastis,
the iconic Meatpacking District eatery
on the day it closes its doors.

By Joshua David Stein
2/28/14 at 08:15 AM

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5593 on: June 12, 2014, 07:36:14 pm »
Jake is making his Broadway debut this coming December!  He'll play a beekeeper in Nick Payne's "Constellations".

I sense a Brokie trip coming on...

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/06-2014/gyllenhaal-makes-broadway-debut-in-constellations_68861.html/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12jun2014

Jake Gyllenhaal Will Make Broadway Debut in American Premiere of Nick Payne's Constellations

Michael Longhurst will direct Manhattan Theatre Club's production of the multiverse-theory drama.

By David Gordon • Jun 12, 2014 • New York City 

Jake Gyllenhaal will make his Broadway debut in Constellations, a new play by Nick Payne, at Manhattan Theatre Club's Samuel J. Friedman Theatre.

Oscar nominee Jake Gyllenhaal will make his Broadway debut later this year in the American premiere of Nick Payne's Constellations, a coproduction of Manhattan Theatre Club and London's Royal Court Theatre, at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre. The drama, to be directed by Michael Longhurst, is presented by special arrangement with Ambassador Theatre Group and Dodger Properties.

Constellations reunites playwright Payne, director Longhurst, and cast member Gyllenhaal, who previously collaborated on the American premiere of Payne's If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet. The limited engagement will begin December 16, with opening night set for January 13.

In the two-character play, Gyllenhaal plays Roland, a beekeeper who engages in a relationship with Marianne, a quantum physicist. Payne then explores their relationship through the concept of the multiverse theory, where several scenarios coexist at the same time.

Casting for the role of Marianne, as well as the full creative team, will be announced in the coming months. Constellations premiered in 2012 at the Royal Court Theatre in a production starring Rafe Spall and Sally Hawkins under Longhurst's direction. It subsequently transferred to London's Duke of York's Theatre.

Gyllenhaal's Broadway appearance comes during the same season that his sister, Maggie Gyllenhaal, will make her own Broadway debut, in Roundabout Theatre Company's revival of Tom Stoppard's The Real Thing.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5594 on: June 13, 2014, 12:12:40 am »
Not exactly a stretch, doing a play with the same author and director as before, but we won't complain. :)

Now I'm hungry for Carmine's Italian food.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5595 on: June 13, 2014, 07:40:36 am »
"Gyllenhaal's Broadway appearance comes during the same season that his sister, Maggie Gyllenhaal, will make her own Broadway debut, in Roundabout Theatre Company's revival of Tom Stoppard's The Real Thing."

Brilliant timing - can´t miss this

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5596 on: June 13, 2014, 09:19:30 pm »
Hmmmmm ...............Interesting

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #5597 on: June 28, 2014, 05:23:56 pm »
Finally my "prep" arrived today in the mail.... ;D So excited to read it...

so far the beginning has been very interesting. The readers are really up for some treat!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5598 on: July 23, 2014, 04:47:08 pm »
I really like the teaser for Nightcrawler. Looks like this movie really gives Jake the opportunity to shine

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5599 on: November 19, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »
Jake is making his Broadway debut this coming December!  He'll play a beekeeper in Nick Payne's "Constellations".

Per the November 17 New Yorker, previews begin December 16.

Since Maggie's on stage now in Tom Stoppard's The Real Thing, I guess the family will be together in New York for the holiday season. Isn't that nice for them?  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.