Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3136531 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #830 on: July 23, 2006, 05:05:28 am »

there he is....so close... and looking as handsome as ever...  and she looks away...totally disinterested.  It's all good--   one down and out of my way, eight million to go!   ;D

8 million? Isn't that a bit *optimistic*?? Methinks it is closer to 3 billion  :-\

" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #831 on: July 23, 2006, 05:43:27 am »
8 million? Isn't that a bit *optimistic*?? Methinks it is closer to 3 billion  :-\

Isabelle, I'm sure you're right...I WAS being optimistic!  But I did manage to get the number down to 2,999,999,999 (?!) when I skillfully eliminated this competition:

::)
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #832 on: July 23, 2006, 10:08:26 am »
Not sure if this has been posted before. If it has please PM me to delete it. Apparently Jake is playing Lance Armstrong in an upcoming biopic about the sports star, produced by Sony.

EXCLUSIVE: Jake Gyllenhaal Wants To Play Lance Armstrong in Sony Bio-Pic

Yes it's true -- I'm told Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong are hanging at the Tour De France together because the actor is the leading contender to play the cyclist in a Sony bio pic being quietly developed. Needless to say, the European press went into a speculation frenzy when the two showed up together . As today's all-important Individual Time Trial began, Jake joined the seven-time TdF winner in the Discovery team car for a ride-along as Lance protégé Yaroslav Popovych pedalled away. (Lance's Discovery team faltered without him this TdF, but America's Floyd Landis of Phonak took the yellow jersey today and surely the overall race win tomorrow). Earlier in the day, Lance met with the Tour de France organizers to lessen the tension. Armstrong, his agent Bill Stapleton, Discovery sports manager Johan Bruyneel, and Tour de France Directors Jean Marie Blanc and Christian Prudhomme had what insiders called "a heart-to-heart discussion" aboard the Discovery bus. "The meeting went well," Bill Stapleton said later. "Everyone left with a feeling of mutual respect." Obviously the Tour's assistance, while not required, would be helpful to the bio-pic. Gyllenhaal and Armstrong have become pals during Jake's method process to get to know the sports legend. The actor of Brokeback Mountain and Jarhead fame is even a long-time cyclist and has begun training for the film. Armstrong is no stranger to Hollywood: Robin Williams used to join Lance in the Alps while Armstrong was defending his Tour titles. And Armstrong hangs with Matthew McConaughey whenever the cyclist is in Los Angeles. Also, while they were together, Lance and Sheryl Crow were fixtures on the Hollywood charity and awards circuit.

As a huge TdF fan myself, I think a Lance bio-pic is a natural: why did it take Hollywood so long to put one together? Given Armstrong's unhappy youth, his sports prowess (first as a triathlete and then as a cyclist), his cancer battle, his Live Strong yellow wristband campaign and his cancer foundation work, his epic seven TdF titles, his rivalry with cocky Jan Ullrich and upstart Ivan Basso, his love-hate relationship with the French, and his battle against doping accusations, it's a heckuva tale. And the studio as well as Lance are fortunate that an Oscar nominee like Gyllenhaal wants to do it. There's even a slight resemblance between the two men, as seen in these close-ups.

Posted by Nikki Finke on Saturday, July 22nd, 2006 at 01:08PM | Permalink |

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/exclusive-jake-gyllenhaal-wants-to-play-lance-armstrong-in-sony-bio-pic-being-developed/
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #833 on: July 23, 2006, 07:28:16 pm »
Not sure if we've seen this one yet .... but who cares? He is so beautiful, I think it can be repeated!

Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #834 on: July 23, 2006, 07:31:33 pm »
Not sure if we've seen this one yet .... but who cares? He is so beautiful, I think it can be repeated!

Sweet Jesus H.!!! This is exactly what i wanted to see just before bed time. Gawd bless you  :-*

That bit of shoulder sticking out between his vest & jacket is SOOOOOOO sexy... :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 07:34:02 pm by saucycobblers »
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #835 on: July 23, 2006, 07:39:14 pm »
Sweet Jesus H.!!! This is exactly what i wanted to see just before bed time. Gawd bless you  :-*

Yes ... it's that "come hither" look that rocks!

Check out this one ....

Hello!!! Yes ... I would love to join you, Jake, in that wonderful looking bed! Sigh!!!  ;)
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #836 on: July 23, 2006, 07:40:47 pm »
how do you post photos??

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #837 on: July 23, 2006, 07:44:51 pm »
how do you post photos??