Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3137210 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1060 on: August 05, 2006, 09:45:38 pm »
Barb,     Jake could be wearing a Glad Trash bag and his hair dripping with birdshit and He'd still be the hottest piece of manhunk on the Planet!   LOL. 

I do like that pic.   The wardrobe person really captures the character.  Jack is well dressed and well groomed.   Clean, new clothes in comparison to Ennis's old faded and well worn outfits.   And of course the sad expression on Jacks face just cuts right thru ya.

I never noticed this before: Is that his trophy buckle that he's wearing?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1061 on: August 05, 2006, 09:51:48 pm »
I never noticed this before: Is that his trophy buckle that he's wearing?

Very possible Jeff.   The only other scene with a belt buckle shot is the Thanksgiving scene when he goes to pickup the Turkey on the platter.

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1062 on: August 05, 2006, 11:24:02 pm »
Is it just me (yeah, right), or does any(every)one else think that jacket and the way he wears it in that scene is Africa hot?  You know, all sadness aside, of course.

Just wondering.   ;D

Oh, for Pete's sake, Barb, do you really have to ask?   ::) You KNOW we all think he's hot in anything, everything and nothing....yes, David, even the bird-poo.  However......  this particular scene did give me a twinge of guilt (just a twinge, mind you  ;))  because Jack was SO sad....so hurt....  and there's me, thinking....   he looks SO-O sexy in that jacket....that shirt....with those buttons (are those snaps?)...   the hat...   what a beauty....  oh, Jack....let ME get in the truck with you, you don't need to go to Mexico!   I do like seeing the increasing touches of opulence that appear on Jack over the years--  his clothes, his ring, his watch....oh, the bolo tie (like in David's look-alike picture!).  I think that Jack wore these items with exactly the grace and ease with which Jake wears his finery in his own life.  Humble Jack was a classy man.

And now, having said that.....  could somebody please explain this picture?!   :laugh:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 11:48:54 pm by Sashca1007 »
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1063 on: August 06, 2006, 12:26:14 am »
I am now entering my JAKE BLUE PERIOD.  (Anyone care to join me?  ;D )

Jake making a plain blue wall look purty. (Well, JAKE doesn't need a blue wall to make him look purty.)

Okay, 'Ass Girl', I know yer lookin'.....  s'awright, don't feel guilty....  I know you're just imagining what that boy-bum will look like when he gets older....right?  ;)

And this one....of course, I'm just highlighting his swim attire because IT'S BLUE...   no other reason.... REALLY.   :o :laugh:

I can think of plenty more pictures of Jake in blue (mmm....draped against the truck.....and oooo...those all-wet ones.....  )  Anybody have a blue-y picture of Jake we haven't seen?  I'm all for well-worn old favorites, too.   :D

All this to say......

Jake,

You are SO

in blue.

;D

"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1064 on: August 06, 2006, 01:14:32 am »
Well Melinda ~  These are a few Blue Jakeys that I love ..  :P

Back to Wet Jakey ... ::)  (Even his surf-board is blue ...*sigh* )

vkm91941

« Reply #1065 on: August 06, 2006, 02:11:13 am »

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1066 on: August 06, 2006, 06:30:45 am »
Oh-h, yes, those were some of the blue Jakeys I had in mind--  thank you, Lucise!  And, Victoria, I LOVE that kissing scene--  I confess, I replayed it time and again...   just watching Jake kiss anyone is sexy to me, and this is a great one!

Now for more random pictures of our man---

Starting with another pretty picture of Jake's face--

Then...  his hand on his face...

His hand on his face again...  (ooo...the dimples!  The sexy black coat!)

Then..  a spider on his face!  Barb, I know you didn't care for that movie,(because it was bad  :P) but Jake still made me care about his character, 'Pilot'.  Shows how our Jake can rise above a bad story!   But that reminds me--- 

This picture of Jake looks very Leto-like to me!
 ;D

PS  The question about the 'white-hat' picture was not rhetorical...  I really DO want someone to explain it to me!   ???  :laugh:

Offline David

JAKE SEX Scandal !!
« Reply #1067 on: August 06, 2006, 06:37:44 am »
NEWSFLASH!   :  JAKE CAUGHT IN PUBLIC PICKING UP A GUY!

Surprized?   Look at Jakes expression as he was finally caught!

Want Photographic proof?   Here it is!  <scroll down>

Awww aren't they cute?   That is a press photo from "BubbleBoy".    Fooled ya  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:39:58 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1068 on: August 06, 2006, 08:19:29 am »
OK, so it finally happened last night - I had my first no-kidding Jakey dream.  Unfortunately, I haven't read that book on lucid dreaming yet, so he repeatedly *ignored* me.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

It was one of my many "cast of thousands" dreams - I have these often, where I'm in some situation like a huge party in which there are just hundreds of people around whom I've never seen before and I interact with a couple dozen of them as if they've known me their whole lives.  Actually, he did actually speak to me in one of those interactions.  But as "just a friend" would.  I was much younger and another young guy was trying to pick me up and I was thinking "Nooooooooooo...  I want HIM."  He came to talk to us at one point when we were off alone somewhere - he knew the other guy - and I was trying with all my might to mind meld with him.

I GOTTA get that book.  ;)

And David, of course you're right.
No more beans!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1069 on: August 06, 2006, 08:40:20 am »
Is it just me (yeah, right), or does any(every)one else think that jacket and the way he wears it in that scene is Africa hot?  You know, all sadness aside, of course.

Just wondering.   ;D

That's funny. I always found Jake looked hot in that scene in spite of that silly jacket...  ::)