Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3138536 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1280 on: August 20, 2006, 01:10:01 pm »
And ...a girl can dream right?   8)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1281 on: August 20, 2006, 01:15:08 pm »
Bonjour folks!!

I don't know whether Jakey is ambidextrous or not, but I DO know where his left hand is here ... :P

OMG, Milli! LOL! You made me laugh so hard I cried!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(and you know I can't complain about the second picture .... you used my favorite picture of Jake! You should have put Heath's hand down Jake's pants. That would have been a sight!  ;))
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1282 on: August 20, 2006, 01:25:02 pm »
OMG, Milli! LOL! You made me laugh so hard I cried!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(and you know I can't complain about the second picture .... you used my favorite picture of Jake! You should have put Heath's hand down Jake's pants. That would have been a sight!  ;))

The thought had crossed my mind Diane!   :P

vkm91941

« Reply #1283 on: August 20, 2006, 01:50:57 pm »
Everything you ever wanted to know about Jake according to Iheartjake.com..... ;)

The Facts
                                      Birth Name: Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal
                                      Birth date: December 19, 1980
                                      Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
                                      Hair: Brown
                                      Eye Color: Blue/Green
                                      Height: 6'
                                      Astrology Sign: Sagittarius
                                      Heritage: Is of Swedish (noble) and Russian-Jewish descent.
                                      Hobbies: Cooking
                                      Favorite Color: Green
                                      Pets: 2 Dogs named Atticus (German Shepard) and Boo (Puggle)
                                      Claim to Fame: Playing the disturbed title character in
                                            Donnie Darko (2001)

Family
                                      Mother: Naomi Foner, writer, producer
                                      Father: Stephen Gyllenhaal, director
                                      Sister: Maggie Gyllenhaal, actress; Born November 16, 1977

Education
                                      2 years at Columbia University, New York, New York
                                      Harvard-Westlake High school. Los Angeles, California;
                                      Graduated 1998

Jake got his first kiss in the parking lot of a bowling alley in the 8th grade.

Jake's first car was an 1990 maroon Volvo.

He got a driving lesson from family friend Paul Newman but his Dad taught him to drive.

His dog's name is Atticus after a character in one of his favorite books To Kill A Mockingbird.

Jake is said to be a wonderful cook and he owns many cooking books, magazines and loves to cook for his friends and family.

His fans call themselves "Gyllenhaalics"

Jake's Godmother is Jamie Lee Curtis.

Jake favorite way to exercise is biking.

He likes Rufus Wainright.

His favorite color is green.

He wears contacts.

He attended Columbia University but dropped out after his sophomore year back in May 2000 to pursue his acting career.

He bought his girlfriend Kirsten Dunst a white and grey kitten for her 22nd birthday.

Jake's mom Naomi Foner gave Jake a ring  that reads "Mine the darkness and see by the path you leave behind." Jake says that ring is "Very special to me"

Jake dated Kirsten Dunst for nearly 2 years but they brokeup in July 2004. Since then they have still been spotted together but they claim to be "good friends".

He is very politically smart and is involved in such organizations like ACLU and Rock the Vote.

He used to be in a band called "Holeshot" but Jake got kicked out after dating the drummer's girlfriend. Jake says that he was the lead singer and they played "bad music".

Jake was considered for the role that Ewan McGregor played in Moulin Rouge but Jake was the youngest to audition so he didn't get the part.

Jake was up for the part of Bruce Wayne (Batman) in the new Batman movie, Batman Begins. But a poll on the Warner Brothers website basically determined who would be the next batman with Christian Bale having the most votes.

He hosted the 2003 Sundance Film Festival Awards alongside Zooey Deschanel where he danced and sang on stage.

It was rumored for a while that Jake was up for the part as Superman in the new Superman movie but the director wanted someone who was more unknown.

Jake's family has a house at Martha's Vineyard.

He went to Elementary school with the guys from Maroon 5 which he is still friends with today.

Jake was rumored to be dating such celebrities like Natalie Portman and even Chelsea Clinton.

He worked as a Lifeguard when he was younger and even had to pee on someone's leg after they got a jellyfish sting.

Jake thinks the sexiest part of a women is to see the back of her neck or a little glimpse of her collarbone.

Jake now drives a Mercedes.

Jake claims Jennifer Aniston was his best on-screen kiss ever

He loves Harry Potter.

His production company is called Nine Stories.

Jake first caught the acting bug watching Ed Wood, Tim Burton's 1994 biopic of the awful-movie maestro starring Johnny Depp.

When he was younger He got many parts even in the movie "The Mighty Ducks" but his parents wouldn't let him do it and he was very angry with them. Now he says "Well, in the end, I thank them to high heaven that I didn't do the things I got."

When asked if he was "Unfazed by being part of the "50 Hottest Bachelors" thing in People or one of the "Hottest men under 25" Jake simply replied "I love that shit."

During a powerful scene in Jarhead, Jake actually knocked out his own tooth because he pulled to hard on a rifle. He said he looked down and saw his tooth but kept going on with the scene. He and his co-star Brian Geraghty didn't talk for about 3 weeks after that.

Jake was once arrested by the rent-a-cops at a Beverley Hills mall because he was dared to go into a Speedo's store, put on a speedo and walk out of the store leaving his clothes behind.

He was once a house and a Ocean's Spray cranberry juice box for Halloween when he was younger.

When asked to comment on his infamous "santa hat dance" in Jarhead, Jake said it's nothing "abnormal" because he "enjoys being naked".

He likes music from Death Cab For Cutie, U2, 50 Cent, Kanye West and Jamie Foxx.

Jake apparently drove Jarhead co-star Peter Sarsgaard crazy because he kept playing the same U2 and 50 Cent song over and over again.

He recently just adopted a small puppy (a puggle) and named him Boo after Boo Radley from the book "To Kill a Mocking Bird"

Jake's sunglasses are from the brand called BLINDE

He ran, swam, biked and did 500 push ups a day to bulk up for his role in Jarhead.

He likes woodwork and he even made a mahogany-cedar table for his mom.

He used to be a bus-boy at a fancy restaurant and was "a damn good bus-boy" at that!

Jake loves to watch the Food Network shows like Molto Mario and The Iron Chef.

He is the God father to Brokeback Mountain co-stars, Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams' baby Maltida.

Quotes

"First, it's 'Who is Jake Gyllenhaal?,' then it's 'Get me Jake Gyllenhaal,'  then 'Get me someone who looks like Jake Gyllenhaal,'  and then 'Who is Jake Gyllenhaal?'...Right now, I'm between 'Who  is Jake Gyllenhaal?' and 'Get me Jake Gyllenhaal.'" [Gyllenhaal on the stages of fame in Hollywood]

"If you're going to dive in, dive into the deep end."
 "Being a star doesn't last. That's not what life should be about. It's a complete illusion that really has nothing to do with you. For me, finding out about life is the most important thing." (1999, Raygun)

"I admire actors and artists who devote just as much time to their life as they do to their work."

"... We use lines like " Love has no bounds," but that's become bulls***. For me, this is a story where that might actually be true. Hopefully." [Jake on the story of Brokeback Mountain]

"Hey, I was arrogant at times with him. And I was confused at times, and I hope, at least, humble at times. I mean, I'd just got run down in my own life so there was nothing else I could give but what I was feeling." [Jake on his relationship with Heath Ledger on the movie Brokeback Mountain, Elle Magazine]

"Well, I don't pick projects because I'm, like, "Oh my God, thats an amazing role." I pick projects because of what it's trying to say- I want to be a part of it, for the message." [Vitals Magazine]

"...Take a movie like Donnie Darko, which I always believed in. I just always fucking believed in it, the collaboration and the process of making it, and it completely paid off for me." [Vitals Magazine]

"I play a mathematician, which is ridiculous because I am horrible at math." [Jake talking about his role as Hal in Proof)

"In a perfect world, I would love to do one play for every three movies."

"I love to cook, I obsessed with cooking magazines." [Vitals Magazine]

"I want to have a happy life, first and foremost. I think that will lead to a successful career." [Teen Vogue]

"But I've always had her to look up to and to learn from. And in Hollywood, a touchstone like that is pretty priceless - especially when I see how envy can really poison people in the business." [Jake talking about Maggie, Teen Vogue]

"I would really like people to know how to pronounce my last name. Correctly. Everywhere." [Jake's last quote in GQ magazine, btw its pronounced jill-en-hall]

"Don't listen to what anybody says except the people who encourage you. If it's what you want to do and it's within yourself, then keep going and try to do it for the rest of your life."

"I have and abstract mind. It doesn't fit everywhere, but it fits in the world of performing."

"I'm just trying to do interesting, challenging work, and hoping that people-especially young people- will want to see it."

and last but not least his handwriting (no word on if he ambidexterious or not)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1284 on: August 20, 2006, 02:06:19 pm »
Hehe..cheers Vicky!

I think I have read Jakey facts on a  number of websites.. :P, no mention of ambidextrous or not ..
I did read on some fan forum that he had said in an interview that he chose to write with his left hand in the Good Girl to make the character more mysterious (or something..) but that he is right handed.

Although something tells me that if Jakey tried to handle any one of us here, we won't be looking which hand he's about to use.. ;D.. :P

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1285 on: August 20, 2006, 02:34:48 pm »
Some Jarhead Jakey ... yum.. :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1286 on: August 20, 2006, 02:36:26 pm »
More ...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1287 on: August 20, 2006, 02:40:21 pm »
And my absolute fave .. y-u-m..

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #1288 on: August 20, 2006, 03:50:34 pm »

:o :o :o
Vic what magazine are these from?! In other words I want them for my Jake collection! I know I am sad because I have a collection! ::)
Oh and by the way I think have heard from fans that have got his autograph that he writes with his right hand when doing autographs, but that still doesn't rule out the ambidextrous thing. And in the Good Girl I think that was more of a character thing than anything cause they always say that people who are left handed are more creative etc... like Holden  ;)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1289 on: August 20, 2006, 04:02:31 pm »
I did read on some fan forum that he had said in an interview that he chose to write with his left hand in the Good Girl to make the character more mysterious (or something..) but that he is right handed.

Although something tells me that if Jakey tried to handle any one of us here, we won't be looking which hand he's about to use.. ;D.. :P

LOL! True!

Of course in "Jarhead" Jake masturbates with his left hand. Being that I’m not a man I am not sure, but I think in regards to masturbation … men are ambidextrous!  ;D
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."