Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3171667 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1400 on: August 26, 2006, 02:30:45 am »
Just got home from the video shop, and in my bag of movies, I have Donnie Darko, Proof and The Good Girl.........i havent seen any of them, but have been inspired to get them not only because Jake is in them, but also, to see where these fabulous pics come from....

I will watch them over the coming week......

OMG....no one told me jake falls in love with someone he cant have again....and dies in the movieagain.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1401 on: August 26, 2006, 09:22:57 am »
SPOILER

OMG....no one told me jake falls in love with someone he cant have again....and dies in the movieagain.......

you mean the good girl right?  not donnie darko right?  'cause I've seen the good girl, and I know that happens.  However, I only just started Donnie Darko... and would like to watch the rest without being scared he's going to die at the end...
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1402 on: August 26, 2006, 12:17:00 pm »
**vague spoiler for Good Girl**

I'm sure Katie is talking of "Good Girl". (I suppose we should consistently mark posts like that with spoiler and the name of the film. Not everyone here has seen GG (or DD for that matter) yet. So I won't spoil the end of Donnie Darko.)

But to anyone who feels they need to be cheered up after watching GG, do be sure to watch that DVD's gag reel. There's lots of Jake smiles and kissage, and some tongue-flicking thrown in for good measure. That gag reel was simply *made* for devout Gyllenhaalics.  ;)

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #1403 on: August 26, 2006, 02:46:21 pm »
**vague spoiler for Good Girl**
But to anyone who feels they need to be cheered up after watching GG, do be sure to watch that DVD's gag reel. There's lots of Jake smiles and kissage, and some tongue-flicking thrown in for good measure. That gag reel was simply *made* for devout Gyllenhaalics.  ;)

True, true so true! I love that reel

A suggestion for DD. After you watch the film, watch it again but this time with the commentary on. It's Jake & the director. It helped me better understand the film. There's also a Director's cut version that I plan on purchasing but don't know how it's different than the original release.
cc33

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1404 on: August 26, 2006, 02:53:42 pm »
cc - thanks for suggesting the commentary!  very much looking forward to hearing Jake talk about the movie.  I actually have my boyfriends copy of the DVD, cause he recently purchased the directors cut... he hasn't said anything to me about the directors cut though... probably still sore at me for pointing out that he had more Jake movies than I did!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1405 on: August 26, 2006, 04:14:34 pm »
Barb and Mikaela:
Now I know the third movie  ;D

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1406 on: August 26, 2006, 04:54:06 pm »
Penth - I guess you do.  ;)

Don't let it put you off watching it though - Jake's good in it,  and though it's not in the top 3 Jake films in my opinion, it's still very well worth the watch.

Plus, there's that gag reel....... ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 04:55:59 pm by Mikaela »

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #1407 on: August 26, 2006, 05:16:30 pm »
Old Brokeback STILL got me good!

By the campfire

The dozy embrace

Jack Jack Jack

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1408 on: August 26, 2006, 06:13:20 pm »
Oh dear, sorry if i spoiled anything for anyone, i didnt meant that........

Sat down last night to watch Donnie Darko, asked hubby if he would like to watch it, cause he likes weird movies......I went to sleep after first half hour, and left hubby to watch the rest of it.....When I asked him this morning, what he thught of it, his answer was "I still dont know what it was all about"......so I told him that I was sure I would find out more about it from the message board....(the message board, by the way has always been a "dont know what you find to talk about so much on there", thing, with him).....

So Ive given him the info, to watch the commentary, and I'm sure there is probably other threads on here discussing Donnie Darko, which i will now look for, even told hubby he might find himself a message board on Donnie Darko, and he can sit and read and contribute to that, while he tries to work out what its all about.....(like I do, on this one.....(tongue in cheek)..).....

Oh and something else, that might make you throw the eyes up in wonder ( as I did)....I just happened to say something about Jake.......and hubby said "was he in it?....."i didnt realize that was the bloke out of Brokeback Mountain".....

After I finished shaking my head in amusement, I wondered why else would he think I would have rented out that movie....me, who likes comedies, and simple romantic movies..........oh well, maybe hubby might become a Jakeahollic like us too.....??????
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #1409 on: August 26, 2006, 07:11:53 pm »
Wet!

moody broody b&w