Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3163517 times)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #1420 on: August 26, 2006, 10:16:23 pm »
That's a really great photo, Diane. Ebay?

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #1421 on: August 27, 2006, 09:30:29 am »
Here is a tip, look close for one of Jake's good points, er... assets, er... you know what I mean! :-X

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1422 on: August 27, 2006, 09:56:34 am »
Nah....I cant look.......hands over eyes, with fingers spread...thank you.....

I guess you have gathered from my previous threads, that my hubby, is amused (haha), but tolerant (an so he should be), of my addiction to BBM......as I said in a previous post, earlier today, he watched Donnie Darko last night, and didnt even realize it starred the "same bloke who was in Brokeback Mountain"....

Well, I just needed to tell you what happened today......

We got ourselves a Marimu puppy, 8 weeks old.....and after we got him home, we sat around going thru the alphabet trying to think of a good name for him.....as I had got the puppy for my husband, I gave him the final decision for a name...

He came up with many....but in the end it was a toss up, between (would you believe)....Jack or Jake.....( he said they were good manly names)....i didnt say a word......

Finally he decided on Jake....and although it has been difficult not to show my delight or too much enthusiasm, I have decided not to do handstands, or cart wheels right now, or make too big a deal out of it, I'll just let hubby and the puppy get used to the name before I remind him, that the bloke from Donnie Darko, being the same bloke from Brokeback Mountain, has the same name.......(obviously the name Jake, subconciously got in hubbys head, but who am I to remind him of where it came from???)

So, everybody, seeing this is the Jake Jake Jake thread, let me introduce you to another adorable bundle called Jake.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1423 on: August 27, 2006, 10:57:46 am »
Great story Katie!  And what a darling little Jakey...

Good for you for resisting handstands and cartwheels and all that - I"m sure your heart was doing plenty of flip-flopping though...
 ;D
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #1424 on: August 27, 2006, 01:05:15 pm »
We got ourselves a Marimu puppy, 8 weeks old.....and after we got him home, we sat around going thru the alphabet trying to think of a good name for him.....as I had got the puppy for my husband, I gave him the final decision for a name...

He came up with many....but in the end it was a toss up, between (would you believe)....Jack or Jake.....( he said they were good manly names)....i didnt say a word......

Finally he decided on Jake....and although it has been difficult not to show my delight or too much enthusiasm, I have decided not to do handstands, or cart wheels right now, or make too big a deal out of it, I'll just let hubby and the puppy get used to the name before I remind him, that the bloke from Donnie Darko, being the same bloke from Brokeback Mountain, has the same name.......(obviously the name Jake, subconciously got in hubbys head, but who am I to remind him of where it came from???)

So, everybody, seeing this is the Jake Jake Jake thread, let me introduce you to another adorable bundle called Jake.

Heh. Great story Katie!!!  And adorable puppy!  My best friend had a similar story.  They adopted a stray and my friend, being an English teacher wanted to name her after a poet.  Her boyfriend wanted to name her something mundanely dog-ish.

Then my friend reminded her boyfriend how much he liked the Mayan culture and suggested 'Maya'.  He agreed happily.  Dog's name is Maya.  My best friend kept her lip zipped about the poet Maya Angelou.  8)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1425 on: August 27, 2006, 02:32:09 pm »

Quite an adorable bundle indeed Katie!  :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1426 on: August 27, 2006, 02:37:30 pm »

I am still starting my sunday..with this  ;)

ciao!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1427 on: August 27, 2006, 02:45:15 pm »

Great story Katie. And your puppy is a real sweetie. I like this fluffy puppy-coat  :)
What kind of dog is a "Marimu"? Never heard this.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1428 on: August 27, 2006, 05:40:41 pm »
Thank you all, for enjoying my story.....I think only you could understand, just what was happening with me, with what went on yesterday with the name of the puppy.
Great story Katie. And your puppy is a real sweetie. I like this fluffy puppy-coat  :)
What kind of dog is a "Marimu"? Never heard this.

Without going into too much detail, firstly, I spelt the name of the breed wrong, it is actually Maremma..they were first bred in Italy, and are used all over the world to protect stock, or any animals, from predators.....a working dog, is put in to live 24/7 with whatever stock it is to look after, and the dog bonds with those animals, and is fiercely protective and will stand up wild dogs, foxes and anthing else that threatens them....as a family dog, they do a similar job, very intelligent, and very loyal....

This fluffy, little ball of fluff, will grow into quite a large dog, Jake will be spoilt rotten, and we will look after him, like he was a child, and in return, I am sure he will look after us too....I will send updates on his growth for yu all to see.......

OMG Lucise.....these latest pics, are fantastic.....this is the first thread i visit on signing in, just to see what beauty you have created this time.....

And all the other Jake pics.....I never......never ever.....get tired of looking at Jake.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #1429 on: August 27, 2006, 06:02:50 pm »
Come on peeps, what is Jake seeing?

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich