Author Topic: Let's share beauty tips  (Read 11520 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Let's share beauty tips
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:04:21 am »
I know the idea of beauty tips might seem shallow to some, but the truth is that we follow some or have a few tricks of our own. Don't we?  I was thinking it'll be fun to share some. Guys too!

Here's mine. Vitamin E. I put on vitamin E oil on my face every night before going to bed. I put on both a night cream and vitamin E oil.  It's said to protect the skin against oxidative stress including sun damage.

Any one has tips to share?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:18:04 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Ally-at-BetterMost

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Don't be afraid of what your mind conceives
Re: Let's share beauty tips
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 12:13:25 pm »
Well, i I don't think it's as shallow as it seems, the body is a temple, right? I don't care a lot about what someone looks like, but I do care about health!

My advice is: don't put on creames which consist of paraffinum liquidum. This makes your skin 'addicted' to it!
Shadows and Taaaallll Trees
Another Time Another Place
I Will Follow

Dagi

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 01:15:29 pm »
Drink lots of water, eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Easy to say, hard to do sometimes...  ::)

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:17:23 pm »
Have a propper night sleep, i.e. spend less time in front of the screen  :laugh: . Not hard, but impossible for me.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 01:52:27 pm »

Be sure to remove all make up before retiring, and clean your skin well.  Mild soap and water.  I dont think fancy stuff is all necessary, just clean and moisturize.  Plain vaseline is good I think..

Beautiful mind

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 03:27:38 pm »
Don't spend a lot of money for department store makeup and treatments.  Ignore the fancy made up names of the ingredients in the skin creams.  The drugstore products have the exact same substances in them, the expensive stuff just has fancier packages and names.

Cool idea for a thread, btw.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 04:15:24 pm »
Lately, I am in love with Boots' Vitamin Recovery mask. I apply it almost every nite and I leave it on all nite, I don't rinse it off. It blends into the skin, it is not like a mask. The next day my skin feels so great! I love almost anything by Boots, The Body Shop, or Lush.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 04:49:07 pm »
Lately, I am in love with Boots' Vitamin Recovery mask. I apply it almost every nite and I leave it on all nite, I don't rinse it off. It blends into the skin, it is not like a mask. The next day my skin feels so great! I love almost anything by Boots, The Body Shop, or Lush.

Lee, that sounds interesting, I never heard of Boots or I never noticed it.  Where do you buy it?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:18:13 am »
It's a British line of products. I get 'em at Target. They are fantastic!! That vitamin recovery mask undoes a whole nite of carousing too!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 10:48:44 am »
Boots its like one of the biggest british drugstores... one on every high street around the country!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/