Author Topic: The Worst Casting Decisions Ever Made from MaximOnline.com  (Read 10285 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: The Worst Casting Decisions Ever Made from MaximOnline.com
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 06:51:14 pm »
I'll take a last cigarette as well because I actually liked Tom in Interview with the Vampire. (Hated Brad Pitt)

I'll take a blindfold.  I liked BOTH men in Interview, but Tom made a lousy blonde.  Why didn't they just bleach his hair and give him extensions instead of that horrible wig?  I also very much liked his character in A Few Good Men.

Delalluvia, pardon my ignorance but what does squicks mean?

No problem.   :)

It's a slash writing term. It's a combination of two words - squirm and icky.  It's used to describe a plot situation or device that may make readers uncomfortable - make them squirm or go "ick/that's icky!".

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 06:53:59 pm »
Is it the same as "catching cooties"?

I sense a trend here. Tom seems to do well in characters who are hurtling hell-bent for disaster. Agree?

Real life imitates art...

Tom does best with roles that are "assholes with a heart of gold".  Men who need redemption.  Otherwise he sucks, coming across as too bland or very uncharismatic.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 08:11:19 am »
James McAvoy as Dr. Nicholas Garrigan in The Last King of Scotland. He totally spoils the movie!

See I thought he had the typical scots cocky boy to a tee. just watched king of scotland last night and loved it - however grusome! Callum always laughs as I am like run! get away from him! do this! do that! I don't care if the film is already made I like to try tell them that danger is imminent!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 03:02:04 pm »

Moving on past Tom. Did anyone see "My Own Private Idaho"? I've been wanting to check that one out. How was Keanu Reeves in that one? Miscast?

I saw it a long time ago. I didn't think he was a miscast. River and him had good chemistry. But Keanu has never been a good actor so don't expect an oustanding performance on his part.

I agree with Natali. He's not miscast, he doesn't screw it, but don't await an Oscar worthy performance. And MOPI is well worth seeing, especially River's performance imo (but I'm partial when it comes to River Phoenix).

Natali: Somehow I don't wonder at all that you're the one who responded to that question  ;).

Speaking of Interview with the Vampire, Christian Slater as the journalist. 

River Phoenix (yup, again) had been casted for this role. Slater took over after River's death. And no matter how good or bad he was in it, I liked that he donated all his earnings from this movie to River's favorite charities.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 03:16:51 am »
Rebecca Pidgeon in anything. 

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 04:44:32 am »
Sondra Locke.............who seemed to get a part in a lot of live in lover Clint Eastwood's movies, such as The Outlaw Jose Wales,Sudden Impact,Any Which way but Lose, The Gauntlet....just to name a few...

Nepotism at its best........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 11:31:44 am »
How soon they forget:

Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman as John Steed and Mrs Emma Peel in "The Avengers" (1998).
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40