Author Topic: Campaign 2008 issues  (Read 3895 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Campaign 2008 issues
« on: July 12, 2007, 06:29:58 pm »
  Which do you think are the most pressing issues of the upcoming Presidential ellection?

1.  The war in Iraq?

2.  The Economy?

3.   Healtcare?

4.   Corruption in government?

5.  The rising cost of College and Education?

6..  Global warming?

7.   Equal rights issues 

8.   Campaign reform (spending)

9.   Immigration issues

10.   Homeland Security (is it legitimate) or just a high priced bandaid.

11.  Our continued outsourcing of jobs to other countries.

Pick three and add more if you wish.  Give your own ideas.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 07:04:23 pm by David »

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Campaign 2008 issues
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 07:18:17 pm »
Well, at least for me Janice, the most important things are this terrible war, corruption in our government which unfortunately has been allowed to spiral out of control, and also global warming.

Thanks for the poll Janice! I've stickied it for you for a few days so many people can see it and answer it!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 09:10:11 pm »

I thought I would give it a while to get some folks to weigh in on the issues.  Then forward all the answers to the people in my states congressional delegations.  See if that might have some effect on the way they act.  I think i would like to also send this to Mrs Clintons campaign headquarters, and Mr Obama, and Mr Edwards as well.  So hopefully we will have good participation.  I am afraid however that most people dont really care enough to make the ideas that they have known. 
         Now is the time for people to let their voices be heard.  Not after the parties have already made up all the final decisions.

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 04:02:43 am »
I voted from a non American perspective - what those in other countries believe are the most important issues to think about for the world in general... america plays a big part in world politics and influence many others - the US president needs to sign up for the Kyoto Protocol and needs to improve US human rights for in the country before worrying about human rights elsewhere.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 04:23:58 am »
This is a terrific idea, Janice!  Maybe when we're finished - each of us can forward the results to our reps and Senators, national and state...
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 05:03:43 am »
That's a great list, and choosing only three was nigh impossible.  Thanks Janice.

Scott6373

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 04:09:17 pm »
I voted for Healthcare, Equal Rights and The War.  The only issues we can directly affect.

Much as we don't want to think or acknowledge it, corruption in government is part and parcel of government.  We can't do away with it as long as government remains driven by human need and emotion. 

The economy is cyclic in nature.  You can mitigate the effects of a bad economy to some extent, but you can't change the cycle. 

The rising cost of education is another unstoppable thing.  Prices for everything will continue to rise as long as we (as a society) become more affluent.  It's a cause and effect thing. 

Reference my comments in regards to corruption in government to see how I feel about campaign reform, because it's one in the same.

Immigration reform is a third rail issue, and will not carry great weight in this election because no one wants to confront the harsh realities that go along with it.

Homeland Security is basically a joke.  We are no more secure now than before.  It's less than a bandaid, it's a Bush-aid, designed primarily to show people that our President "cares" about our safety more than oil profits.

Reference our increasing affluence and you will realize soon enough that unless we decide we can live on less, we will never be able to compete in a global marketplace.

Boy this is a rant huh?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 02:15:31 pm »
Poll Summary

#1 War in Iraq (11 votes)

#2 Heath care (8 votes)

#3 Equal Rights (5 votes)

#4 Corruption in the government (4 votes) and Global warming (4 votes)

Keep voting everyone!!  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 08:41:56 pm »
for me:
1) same sex marriage
2) homelland security
3) immigration