Author Topic: The BetterMost Daily Diary  (Read 53740 times)

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
The BetterMost Daily Diary
« on: July 13, 2007, 12:45:27 am »
This thread is based on Kelda's great post, about the diary entries printed on the BBC website.  This thread is for posting your diary entry, anytime about anything.  If you had a great day, you can write about it here.  If you had a terrible day, let us know about it so we can all cheer you up.  If you are traveling you can write about it here.  Or if your really bored, and just feel like writing something, even about what you had for lunch, feel free to write about it here.  This is the place for everyone to write about anything anytime you like.

So go ahead.....

Who will post the first entry ::)

;D

injest

Re: The BetterMost Daily Diary
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59:33 am »
Friday the 13th

My aunt is in the hospital with pneumonia. I told my mother I would go visit her tomorrow evening.

I feel really bad cause I really really really really do NOT want to...but no one is going to visit her and she is all alone.

:P

sometimes I don't feel like a very nice person...

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 01:16:16 am »
I'm not sure where my passport is....and I need it for Alberta.  My dog is shedding like crazy and it is exhausting, annoying, and demoralizing.  I'm getting over a cold and have energy for the first time in a couple of days, which feels good.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 01:28:05 am »
I am not unemployed-yippee. The company that purchased us is The Borg. The past 3 weeks have been a misery-not leaving work til after 8, my employees all cranky and short tempered. I finally got my PayPal refund from the Denver BBQ fiasco so now I can pay for my Calgary plane ticket. Calgary just a week away and I'm so 'cited.

O0

Heathen

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 01:31:40 am »
I was working out Tuesday night and got a headache from doing squats.  I went to the hospital today and they did a CT scan but said everything looks fine, but I still got the headache...  :(  :-\

I swear...I jus' can't win.  :laugh:

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 01:33:20 am »
I have a feeling this will turn into the complaint of the day thread.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 01:37:49 am »
I was thinking the exact same thing as I was typing out my whinefest. I tried to end with happy news-may I shoulda mentioned I got a big chuck o' cash from the sale of my division to The Borg and paid off all my bills. I am totally debt free for the first time in 20 years.  ;D

Heathen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 02:12:34 am »

I spent a lovely Thursday evening with a good friend.
White wine, pâté and crackers and very sweet red grapes ... yum!  Great conversation and she had good news to share with me..
All in all ...was a good ol' time. :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 02:22:16 am »
Cameron---this is a great idea. Thanks for starting it!!

but no one is going to visit her and she is all alone.

That's so sad that she is all alone, Jess.  I understand about not wanting to go---I always want to stay at home--but you will feel better for having gone.

My dog is shedding like crazy

Elle, what kind of dog is it---does he live in the house? I have a mixed breed sweetie dog (whose name happens to be Cameron--we call him Cami) who lives inside, sheds 365 days a year--and always has the thickest coat. I don't see how he keeps from being bald. The hair has won!!

I still got the headache...

I hope it goes away soon, Eric. Did the dr. give you something to take for it?

I am totally debt free for the first time in 20 years.

That would be the most awesome feeling!! Congrats, RouxB.

My day was just a regular day. A cousin that I haven't seen in a couple of years came for a visit. It was nice to catch up with him. My kitchen faucet stopped working!!! UGH. I was very upset. It was off for a couple hours. I wiggled some stuff under the sink, and, presto! it came back on. Don't ask me??!! I did a report for work that was due in May. Cleaned out the fridge. Ick. Read a little. Played with the dogs. Nothing profound. Right now I'm wearing Crest white strips.
 ;D
Hope they work.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 02:27:16 am »

Well I guess I may as well post here too.  I had a really nice day for a change, actually I had a real great day, I spent the day doing something I love for a change, since I usually never can do the things I really want to do..  But then I get home and everything is exactly the same.  I'm totally restless and bored and don't do much of anything.  It seems like things never really change for the better ever.

Oh never mind, but I guess this is what this thread is for.  But I really wanted to write about good things.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 02:27:23 am »
Maybe we could complain, whine AND express some positive.  

I am so loving all the music I am finding on You Tube, I've been revelling in watching 40 years of Summer of Love musicians.  

After reading about them for years, I have finally tried freezing individual grapes, and my daughter and I are loving how refreshing they are in the heat.  I went out and bought a bag of ice, so that we can heap our glasses with ice to keep cool (we don't have air conditioning, and normally use no ice).  That feels so luxurious.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 04:17:42 am »
I have finally tried freezing individual grapes, and my daughter and I are loving how refreshing they are in the heat.  

Oooohh.. must try that!

I finally got my PayPal refund from the Denver BBQ fiasco so now I can pay for my Calgary plane ticket.
i was wondeing how that went - how did it end up getting refunded by the actual person (who eventually felt guilty) or did paypal refund it?

I am totally debt free for the first time in 20 years.  ;D
OMG! That must feel amazing  ;D

I hate having to worry about money! - this month I'm paricularly skint.. and I hate having to be like - should I really buy that ankle support - do I REALLY need it for this walk or can it wait?

I've had T in the Park - expensive, I'm going to Holland on Monday - expensive but at least my accomodation and flights were paid months ago - only spending money to worry about but thats bad enough!

I had to pay the remainder of my balance for my upcoming Sep holiday, My car needs to be taxed and serviced/MOT'd by the end of the month, I had to buy a wedding present - and awaiting money back from friends for their contribution to it (£75/US$150).

My camera flash broke at T in the Park so I've had to buy a new camera for Holland - a good bloody deal & a great camera but still and expense I could have done without... and I'm still waiting for my cheque for my extra work I did 9 weeks ago because vodaphone haven't paid the extra agency yet!

Okay so to counteract the moaning...  :laugh: on the brightside I loved T in the Park, looking so foward to Holland and meeting Mel and have a friends birthday party at the weekend which I'm looking forward to (even though I will be skimping on buying celebratory rounds of drinks for her!!) I did buy her a cool present though that I know she will love..

I have this tshirt that she totally loved and she asked if I would mind if she also got it - i said nah thats fine and when she went to look there was none and the shop said they weren't getting them back in. She mentioned at the weekend at T in the Park that she was gutted. So I went into another branch on Wednesday and hey presto found a random one lying on a shelf in her size! I've also ordered the most amazing gadegt ever for going to festivals (she is into her festivals like me!) for her and got one for myself for future use - I only wish we had it last week...

http://shop.packyourbags.com/acatalog/Shewee.html

Eric.. breath/relax.. have you heard of cluster headaches? It could be that? Caused by all your blood pressure stress?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:14:29 am by Kelda »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 08:03:38 am »
Blueberries are great frozen too.

Been having nightmares the past few nights...not sleeping well but not being able to wake up in the morning. I have slept THRU the alarm clock three times this week.  :P

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 08:34:58 am »
I have a feeling this will turn into the complaint of the day thread.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

That's what the "Bitch, bitch, bitch" thread is for!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 08:36:50 am »
Blueberries are great frozen too.

must try that too!

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 03:30:30 pm »
I have a sore stomach. grr. go away sore tummy!

injest

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 06:23:25 pm »
uh oh!! Not from frozen grapes and blueberries I hope!!  :o

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 08:30:07 pm »
Hope your feeling better, Kelda!

A good thing from today. I had my teeth cleaned today, and it didn't hurt much, and I didn't have any new cavities. That is a very good thing for me.

The bad thing, the summer is going by so fast!!!  I hate that, I wish there was a way to slow it down a little.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 09:35:39 pm by Cameron »

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 09:36:51 pm »
Did anyone else read "Dear Abby" today? A 74 yr old lady had raised 2 daughters and 2 sons. One son was gay -- the others straight. The lady and her husband didn't want to get to know their son's partner (who has now been with him for 15 years) because they didn't approve of their lifestyle. Well, the dad died, and the mom was left penniless. She asked each of her 3 married children if she could just stay with each one of them 4 months a year. All 3 refused. The gay son who lived across the country---and his partner---heard about the mom's predicament and invited her to live full time with them. They remodeled part of their home to accommodate her. They include her in their travels and they never mention that she had not been very accepting in the past. She's so grateful and she loves them so much. A sad story with a happy ending.

I went and picked up my friend's dogs today. She and her family are going on vacation. Well--she had found 2 orphaned mice and she was taking care of them. ICK!!! I said she'd have to find someone else to take care of them. I'd take home an orphan puppy or kitten---but a mouse!!!! She called 5 different people while I was there--no luck. SO---sucker that I am--I am dropper feeding 2 little no hair -- no opened eyes -- mice.

I called my friend who lives on a ranch. She has raised all kinds of babies without mommas--birds, rabbits, kittens, calves, etc. She gave me some advice, but she doesn't hold out much hope for them to live. They are really active right now.

Anyway---I'll let ya'll know how it goes. I'm a little squeamish about it, but I'll get over it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 10:09:32 pm »
Aw, I think mice are cute.  Too bad half the animal world considers them dinner.  ::)

I had a unique experience for me.  I went clothes shopping, and almost everything fit and looked good on me!  I've lost 26 pounds since January, and I've put off getting any new clothes til now.  Man, it made all those small portions worth it.  8)

I also got a haircut, and almost all my old hair coloring is gone now.  I decided to let my gray come in, and I'm loving the simplicity of it and looking my age.  Can this be the BetterMost effect?  I hope so.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 10:22:44 pm »
Aw, I think mice are cute.  Too bad half the animal world considers them dinner.  ::)

I had a unique experience for me.  I went clothes shopping, and almost everything fit and looked good on me!  I've lost 26 pounds since January, and I've put off getting any new clothes til now.  Man, it made all those small portions worth it.  8)

I also got a haircut, and almost all my old hair coloring is gone now.  I decided to let my gray come in, and I'm loving the simplicity of it and looking my age.  Can this be the BetterMost effect?  I hope so.  ;D

Congratulations on the new size!!! That is such an accomplishment!!

I can't let the gray in yet---but I can see how it would be a lot easier and less expensive!

I think mice are cute, too. But not the ones that are all "skin"--I like the furry ones.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 10:56:14 pm »
Shasta, Good luck with the mice!!!

Meryl, Congratulations on the new clothes!!!!

I also think that it is real cool that you are letting your hair color grow out!!!  8)

If men can leave their hair color as it is, then women should too!!!
 ;D

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 03:50:31 am »
Just say no to rodents.

The guy who took my PayPal money was a hoot. He wrote back to me saying "you give me money and now you want it back? I don't understand what you want. I need this money to eat"

Yeah? So do I! I think PayPal actually refunded it so thank you PayPal  :-*

A nice dinner tonight with friends and a couple of interns from The Borg. Really wonderful "young people".
It's now almost one in the moring and I still have much fan fic to read. I gotta get over that addiction. What is the equivalent of methadone for that?

O0

Heathen

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 07:41:59 am »
I also got a haircut, and almost all my old hair coloring is gone now.  I decided to let my gray come in, and I'm loving the simplicity of it and looking my age.  Can this be the BetterMost effect?

I'm laughing at this, Meryl, because when I lost weight a few years ago I also stopped coloring my hair!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 10:53:17 am »
my internet is down so on a really slow computer next door to get my ryansir flight no for monday! will speak to all you guys on my return.

mwha!

(and no no frozen grapes and blueberries were the prob and I feel fine today! thank goodness!)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 11:58:44 am »
I'm laughing at this, Meryl, because when I lost weight a few years ago I also stopped coloring my hair!

High five, sistah!  ;D

I finally had an anxiety dream about Alberta last night.  I'm responsible for reserving the condos, and I dreamed that we got there and half our party was in one part of town and the other half were way across town.  The place was a dump, there was a flood in one of the bathrooms, and I promptly dropped several of my old winter coats into the water (I had mistakenly brought them with me).  Paul and Rayn had rented an old race car that had no roof or back seat and would tip over backwards if you drove it too slowly.  We rented a mule to go up in the mountains, and it pooped all over the apartment.  Needless to say, I woke up with a top grade headache! :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 12:41:41 pm »

Wow! Good for you, Meryl!  :D

I had a good day today, too, because I fixed a little trip to Amsterdam with my family. Yeah, I'm going to meet Milli (from Edmonton!) in Amsterdam when you guys are in Alberta. Ain't that crazy?  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 12:50:08 pm »
THat'll be something - ANke and Milli way out in the middle a nowhere!  Amsterdam, watch out!  :laugh:  Be sure to take pics and report back.  How you goin a communicate in images if you're in the same room though?  Maybe you could play Pictionary.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 03:36:55 pm »
I finally had an anxiety dream about Alberta last night.  I'm responsible for reserving the condos, and I dreamed that we got there and half our party was in one part of town and the other half were way across town.  The place was a dump, there was a flood in one of the bathrooms, and I promptly dropped several of my old winter coats into the water (I had mistakenly brought them with me).  Paul and Rayn had rented an old race car that had no roof or back seat and would tip over backwards if you drove it too slowly.  We rented a mule to go up in the mountains, and it pooped all over the apartment.

National Lampoon's Alberta Vacation   ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 03:55:48 pm »
National Lampoon's Alberta Vacation   ;D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 04:56:42 pm »
Wow! Good for you, Meryl!  :D

I had a good day today, too, because I fixed a little trip to Amsterdam with my family. Yeah, I'm going to meet Milli (from Edmonton!) in Amsterdam when you guys are in Alberta. Ain't that crazy?  :)

That's so cool!!! I'll bet you both will have a wonderful time!!! :)

Hope I get to meet some of you all sometime.

Today has been a pretty good day so far. I went to a big art fair, I saw a lot nice paintings, a lot of inspiration.  Then I went to have my tires checked cause my car has been vibrating, and I didn't want anything to fall off when I was driving.  For a change, they didn't try to rip me off.  They just said I needed new front tires, which I knew I needed, and it fixed the problem.

The real cool thing was that I had two real conversations with people while I was waiting.  First with the guy who was working there who was really nice.  Then with a guy who was also waiting, he turned out to be a musician on his way to a show later today.  He used lived it Boston, and I told him I lived there too, and he must have been real surprised that I knew all about the rock clubs and the scene in Boston, cause I probably don't really look like that now.

Anyway, it is fun when strangers talk to you, it doesn't really happen much here, and it is really cool to find out you have things in common.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 05:30:18 pm »
"National Lampoon's Alberta Vacation!"  Good one, Jeff.  That WAS a doozy of a dream, Meryl.

I was just at a kid's birthday party, and once again was aghast at the rough and rude way I sometimes see parents treat their really little kids.  The kids were mostly my daughter's age, 4, still learning EVERYTHING.  Manners, kindness, common sense, everything.  Most times I have pretty much patience with her - if she forgets what kind of behavior is reasonable in a situation, I remind her.  Sometimes she needs several reminders.  But BLAM, some parents just seem to blast their kids, good kids, sweet kids, who just can't retain that you don't squeal, or grab, or whatever.  They're LITTLE.  The poor birthday girl was made to go into 2 of those stupid, fucking "Time outs" while her friends were playing, for such small misdemeanors.  Sometimes it just seems like parents want to assert who's boss.  Not for the good of the child, but for the domineering ego of the parent.

So I left the party, and will go pick my daughter and husband when they call.

I just want to say, that there was no violence, just power trips, mind games and domination.  Things fully sanctioned by society.  :( 

I try to treat her with respect with every word out of my mouth, and her manners are just as good as, and sometimes better than, those kids who are being bullied by their giant parents.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007, 05:37:14 pm »
"National Lampoon's Alberta Vacation!"  Good one, Jeff.  That WAS a doozy of a dream, Meryl.

Anybody named Griswold going on the Pilgrimage?  ;D

I was just at a kid's birthday party, and once again was aghast at the rough and rude way I sometimes see parents treat their really little kids.  The kids were mostly my daughter's age, 4, still learning EVERYTHING.  Manners, kindness, common sense, everything.  Most times I have pretty much patience with her - if she forgets what kind of behavior is reasonable in a situation, I remind her.  Sometimes she needs several reminders.  But BLAM, some parents just seem to blast their kids, good kids, sweet kids, who just can't retain that you don't squeal, or grab, or whatever.  They're LITTLE.  The poor birthday girl was made to go into 2 of those stupid, fucking "Time outs" while her friends were playing, for such small misdemeanors.  Sometimes it just seems like parents want to assert who's boss.  Not for the good of the child, but for the domineering ego of the parent.

So I left the party, and will go pick my daughter and husband when they call.

I just want to say, that there was no violence, just power trips, mind games and domination.  Things fully sanctioned by society.  :( 

I try to treat her with respect with every word out of my mouth, and her manners are just as good as, and sometimes better than, those kids who are being bullied by their giant parents.

It just shocks me the way I see some parents treat their little ones in stores and other public places. Yelling, slapping, jerking them around, using bad language. Then I reflect that these so-called "parents" probably didn't have any proper raising either, and it comes as no surprise to me how violence gets propagated from one generation to the next.  :-\  :(

injest

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2007, 09:33:12 pm »
I am 41 years old....snuck out to the flooded river by myself, kicked off my shoes and hiked up my skirt...and WADED in the water!!! Chased minnows and dragonflies....the water was warm in the very shallow areas but SO cool and wonderful in the deeper areas...then I put my shoes back on and went to finish my errands.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 12:50:51 am »
If you read my diary post yesterday--you may recall that when I went to get my friend's dogs (she is going on vacation) I also succumbed to her pleas that I take her little orphaned mice.

WARNING--I posted a picture below!! If you are squeamish or get woozy easily--like I did at first LOL---skip to the next post.

I put a penny in their pen so you can see size better.

They also have a cloth to lie on, but I picked it up to take their picture because they hide in it.

I had just fed them, so they were awake and moving around.

Here they are, the tiny little things:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2007, 12:53:22 am »
I am 41 years old....snuck out to the flooded river by myself, kicked off my shoes and hiked up my skirt...and WADED in the water!!! Chased minnows and dragonflies....the water was warm in the very shallow areas but SO cool and wonderful in the deeper areas...then I put my shoes back on and went to finish my errands.

;D ;D ;D ;D

You are a girl who knows how to have some fun, Jess!! That's great---I'd love to be 41 again!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2007, 01:05:17 am »
You are a girl who knows how to have some fun, Jess!! That's great---I'd love to be 41 again!!!!!
'

this from a woman nursing baby MICE!!

I found some baby mice one time..... ;D

but I didn't FEED them...*ahem*

*slips out the door quickly before anyone can ask what she DID do with them*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2007, 01:11:58 am »
I'd rather look at a pic of tiny micro-mice, than imagine sn*kes in the river with the minnows.  It was a lovely story til that popped into my head.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 01:14:43 am »
I was cranky most of the day.  Took a nap and woke up even crankier.  Ugh.  Went to see a friend, am much better now.  And am going to go to bed.  Been staying up too late.  I am grateful for so many aspects of BetterMost.  The Dave Cullen site is down, and I feel for those people, because I know what it's like when I can't get into my home here.  'Night.

injest

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2007, 01:15:21 am »
I'd rather look at a pic of tiny micro-mice, than imagine sn*kes in the river with the minnows.  It was a lovely story til that popped into my head.

pffft! no Sn*kes!! the water was covering a parking lot. I could see the bottom for yards and yards around me!

there was a worm...but I rescued him and put him on the dry ground!

injest

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2007, 01:16:19 am »
I was cranky most of the day.  Took a nap and woke up even crankier.  Ugh.  Went to see a friend, am much better now.  And am going to go to bed.  Been staying up too late.  I am grateful for so many aspects of BetterMost.  The Dave Cullen site is down, and I feel for those people, because I know what it's like when I can't get into my home here.  'Night.

good night, Clarissa

sweet dreams

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2007, 01:16:58 am »
'

this from a woman nursing baby MICE!!

I found some baby mice one time..... ;D

but I didn't FEED them...*ahem*

*slips out the door quickly before anyone can ask what she DID do with them*

LOL---well, I wouldn't call nursing baby mice ---fun--- but I'll do it for a friend. It wasn't so magnanimous--I told her she was gonna owe me big time for this!! LOL  I do find myself feeling a little affection for the little helpless things and hoping that I find them alive each time I go to feed them.

Wading in the water is way more fun. I do it in my driveway when it rains!! What is it about bare feet splashing in water!? I think it brings out the "kid" which is always great!  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2007, 10:36:07 am »
Today I am going to go to lunch with my best friend. best RL friend. We are going to my favorite Mexican restaurant. I am looking forward to it.

Last night my mother called and told me she wanted me to take one of my nieces to lunch. Even picked out the restaurant! (didn't offer to pay for it).

I told her I already had plans.

and I don't feel guilty.

I am NOT a toy she can pull out when she wants to. That niece is seventeen and has not made an effort to even call me since she has been in town!

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2007, 11:46:08 am »
I'd sure like to be 41 again, too.  :-\

I don't feel well today. Summer cold. ...  >:(

Throat started to get sore late yesterday afternoon. Woke up this morning with a congested nose and sinuses, feeling feverish, and, yes, the throat's still sore. Wonderful timing. I'm leaving for five nights in Provincetown, Massachusetts, early this coming Wednesday morning.

I've taken acetaminophen (don't feel feverish any more),  pseudoephedrine, and my daily fexofenadine for my allergies. Coffee helped, too--at least I made it to church. Taking zinc, too--in the past that's help mitigate the symptoms.

Goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation. ...  >:(

injest

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007, 12:08:05 pm »
{{{{Poor Jeff}}}}

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 02:46:13 pm »
{{{{Poor Jeff}}}}

Thanks, Little Darlin'!  :)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2007, 04:21:45 pm »
Sorry to hear that Jeff, hope you have a great time in P-town.

I have a cat now. I didn;t want it, it just showed up. Beautiful tabbly with broad swirling strips, it cries all the time. I think its mother abandoned it with me. I have been refereing to it as crybaby. I don't know what to do, going to Alberta in a week and I don't want it killing my birds and chipmonks.

another GDBOAUS. Well, didn';t mean to bitch, there is another thread for that.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »

Jeff
        So sorry you feeling icky lil darlin.  Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Keep taking that stuff, and you will probably feel better by wednesday.  Hope so for sure.
     Truman 
        Don't you have a friend you can leave it with while you are gone?  How about the bf.  You kept his dog as i remember.  Seems like I remember something about it going down the stairs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 04:52:07 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2007, 05:02:01 pm »
I don't feel well today. Summer cold. ...

Sorry, Jeff. Hope you feel better soon. Why is it that summer colds are worse than winter ones? At least it seems like they are. Chicken soup and orange juice!!

Truman---I wish I could have that kitty. Hope you find someone to take care of it while you are gone. The vet's office probably has boarding facilities if you don't find a sitter.

Today I went and bought "New Born" which is a milk for kittens -- to feed to these orphan mice I'm sitting for; they don't seem to be thriving. This milk is supposed to be easy for them to digest. The info. I read said that regular milk is undigestible for mouslings. I wonder how long it takes for them to open their eyes? Right now they are "two blind mice".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2007, 05:32:12 pm »
Jeff, Rusty wants you to feel better!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2007, 08:13:52 pm »
Jeff, Rusty wants you to feel better!

Thanks, Paul. It's amazing how much better you feel when the adrenaline starts pumpin', and Rusty can sure get the adrenaline pumpin'.  ;D

I guess I ought to say epinephrine instead of adrenaline.  ;D

Thanks, everyone! As soon as the throat stops hurting I know I'll feel a lot better. And the sea air on Cape Cod will do me good.  :)

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2007, 09:13:43 pm »
Jeff, hope you feel better real soon! :)

Shasta, I think the mice are real cute! :)

Today was a pretty good day.  Saw some family and drove around and went shopping, it was nice out but hot.
My thought for the day ::)  I think that I am starting to realize that I have to live for the day, instead of always worrying about tomorrow, kind of hard to do that though.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2007, 09:32:42 pm »

Thank you!  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2007, 10:03:22 pm »

Shasta, I think the mice are real cute! :)

Today was a pretty good day.  Saw some family and drove around and went shopping, it was nice out but hot.
My thought for the day ::)  I think that I am starting to realize that I have to live for the day, instead of always worrying about tomorrow, kind of hard to do that though.

Thanks, Cam. I resisted bringing them home--I am not a natural nurturer--but now I think they are cute, too, and I feel fond of them. (Isn't that silly?) I fed them at 8:00 and they were more active than their earlier feeding. They will be 5 days old tomorrow. Their "mom" called from FL and she was thrilled that they were still alive. She started making plans for when they are grown---I told her not to get the cart before the horse!! She needs to take your advice about live for the day. That's a good philosophy, by the way!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2007, 10:14:00 pm »
Jeff, I hope you're feeling better this evening.  Get lots of sleep tonight.  :-*

John Gallagher, Jenny and I tried out a new barbecue place today call Hill Country on West 26th Street.  That's the place for our next Brokie get-together!  You buy the (delicious!) barbecue by the pound, and they serve it in butcher paper.  The sides are plentiful and tasty, and it's a big place, too.  Here's their website: http://www.hillcountryny.com/home.php.  I think it's a franchise from the look of the place, but it's a mighty good one.  8)

I spent the rest of the afternoon looking for stuff for the Alberta trip.  Gawd, I still have so much to do before I leave on Saturday!  :P

Shasta, I'm glad to hear the mousies are hanging in there.  8)  Good luck with the cat, Truman!  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2007, 10:15:06 pm »
Their "mom" called from FL and she was thrilled that they were still alive. She started making plans for when they are grown---

Like what?  Starting a college fund?  Har har.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2007, 10:39:49 pm »
Like what?  Starting a college fund?  Har har.  :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She was talking about bringing them to her office so they could sit on her desk---in their cage, of course. LOL. (I didn't want her to get her hopes up because their survival is still iffy.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2007, 12:00:47 am »
So I thought it would be cute to Google a picture of a mouse sitting at a little office desk.  I typed in "mouse desk."  What did page after page show me?  Duh...

Those mice you have are archaic remnants of an old non-technological world, Shasta.  I'm rooting for them even more now.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007, 12:04:19 am »
So I thought it would be cute to Google a picture of a mouse sitting at a little office desk.  I typed in "mouse desk."  What did page after page show me?  Duh...

Those mice you have are archaic remnants of an old non-technological world, Shasta.  I'm rooting for them even more now.  :)

LOL.

;D Thanks. I want the little rascals to make it too!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 12:12:34 am »
I had a really good day.  We didn't have any plans out, so stayed home, made a list of stuff that needed doing, agreed who would do what, and decided to tackle the list and just see how far we got.  So a little cleaning, then a game with the four year old.  A little decluttering, and then some drawing with the four year old.  More cleaning, and then all three of us danced in the nice freshly-cleaned living room (really clean for the first time in ages).

While that was going on, a friend with a club membership called and asked if we wanted to come swimming in the late afternoon.  Yeah!  So we did that.  Fuck, I got really envious.  I don't envy much as a rule, and have much to be grateful for, but this neighborhood private pool was huge and sparkly, and fabulous.  Mini-Meno and I had a wonderful time, but on the way home, I even talked with her about my envy (a condition she of course can relate to, since she is still young enough to sometimes still simply grab something out of someone's hands if she wants it.)  :)  It was good, she encouraged me to remember all I have to be grateful for, including love.  So I may not have a fancy swimming pool, but I do have a) a wonderful daughter already showing great values, b) a friend with a fancy pool (and a subsequent invitation for Wednesday), c) other nice, albeit public :) pools accessible to me, and d) a bazillion other wonderfulnesses.

(I'm still feeling that envy though, a very sucky feeling I'm glad I don't feel often.)

Now I'm sitting in the recliner, in the clean fresh peaceful living room, Mini-Meno tucked in bed asleep, on BetterMost on my fancy laptop, healthy, and grateful.  I am one lucky effin' person.  :) 

injest

« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2007, 12:21:29 am »
I am glad SOMEONE had a great day.

Mine sucked. I had to eat out twice. My food was not done at one restaurant. I still feel TOO full. I am having a major anxiety attack. Won't sleep for a while but gonna log off before I say something ELSE I have to delete....

bah humbug.

:)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2007, 12:28:53 am »
It was good, she encouraged me to remember all I have to be grateful for, including love.

......out of the mouths of babes......

Total sweetness!!  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2007, 12:30:52 am »
I am glad SOMEONE had a great day.

Mine sucked.

Sorry, Jess. If it makes you feel any better---mine was just ....... plain.
 :-\

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2007, 12:42:50 am »
Clarissa, did you have a brief message from me on your cell?  I called when I was with Jenny and John, but you didn't pick up.  Wondered if the message "took."
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2007, 12:53:33 am »
I worked today-we are on the final leg of reviewing 9000 loan files to be shipped out to the new company. What a chore it has been. I am also planning a bridal shower for a friend and hand-made 30 invitations. No wonder people get hooked on scrap book making. all those nifty little stickers and cut-outs are addictive!

I am not in the least prepared for Alberta and need to figure out a way to take a day off next week while trying to finish up the file project. I also decided to just hire a house keeper and not stress about getting the house ready for the friends who will be staying here in my absence.

mice-ick
kittens-uh oh
Milli and Anke-lucky
nightmares-NoDoz
feeling poorly-awwww
cranky-kiss kiss
happy-yippee
rich-share

nappy- O0

Heathen

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2007, 01:02:19 am »
mice-ick
kittens-uh oh
Milli and Anke-lucky
nightmares-NoDoz
feeling poorly-awwww
cranky-kiss kiss
happy-yippee
rich-share

nappy-

condensations-cool  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2007, 01:30:11 am »
Clarissa, did you have a brief message from me on your cell?  I called when I was with Jenny and John, but you didn't pick up.  Wondered if the message "took."

Merly, it was hard to hear much except for your names, but it was a Jesus H. Pawthe WhiteOutoftheMoon message to listen to!!  It sounded like maybe you were in a very loud place and that my phone was trying hard to filter out the ambient noise.  I was very wow.  Thank you.  :-*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2007, 01:31:47 am »
mice-ick
kittens-uh oh
Milli and Anke-lucky
nightmares-NoDoz
feeling poorly-awwww
cranky-kiss kiss
happy-yippee
rich-share

And hand-making invitations-fun.

:-*

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2007, 09:12:52 pm »
Today was a pretty good day.  I have a little time, so I went to the city and just walked and walked. I didn't buy much, just a few art supplies.  It really bothers me now that NYC is being totally taken over by the corporations too.  I couldn't believe that in Astor place, where all the real punks, skinheads (good ones, not the bad kind)  and anarchists hung out in 80's, it was so cool there then, well now there is a KMart, right in Astor place. That bothers me.

Anyway, I saw this sign in a bar/restaurant in Chelsea. I really liked it and I had to take a picture and post it, I think it is rather BBM appropriate. :)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 09:28:22 pm by Cameron »

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2007, 09:26:01 pm »
Today he came home from Wisconsin,  :o see you later.....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2007, 09:38:26 pm »
Today he came home from Wisconsin,  :o see you later.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

have fun Truman!!

;)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2007, 11:53:09 pm »
Dear Diary,

Today I had little happy bits through the day.  I boldly introduced myself to a woman reading a French novel, and we now have a next date to speak French.  I took my husband the Simpsonphile on a mystery date to the Seattle Kwik-E-Mart and made him happy.  My daughter fell asleep on my lap in the recliner while reading together (that doesn't happen much anymore), and I savored it.  We bought a fan for the living room, and that made a difference.  I had a WONDERFUL time in chat just now. 

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2007, 12:57:27 am »

I would say that was a great and wondrous day Elle.  The fact that you noticed, that it s the little things, that mean the most..The noticing is the greatest gift we give ourselves, I believe.   Happy Anniversary to you our dear.

Beautiful mind

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2007, 09:08:41 am »
What a great day yesterday, Clarissa!   How great to go up to a person and stat talking and make plans.
Real cool! 8) 8) 8)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2007, 02:55:31 pm »
After weeks of procrastination, I'm feeling proud because I completed one of my summer projects:  to recover the seats on our six kitchen chairs and the two bar stools.  They were originally some off-white fabric -- rather impractical, I know -- and were stained after a month.  Now they are a very forgiving black-and-tan checkered fabric (in a small design to eliminate any centering problem), and they look great! 

Oh, the things you can accomplish with a staple gun!

Marlene, I'm curious.  Never enough what?  What were they referencing?

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2007, 04:40:09 pm »
Fran, I have no idea, really.  I guess that's why I liked it.  I thought the pictures were vegatables, though now I am not sure, but I really don't know what is 'never enough' for them.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2007, 06:14:57 pm »
Fran, I find your chair recovering story inspiring.  Thanks.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2007, 07:54:38 pm »
Well, my little orphan mice died--one last night and one today. I feel sad--they were really active Tuesday morning.  I was feeding them throughout the night and day at least every 3 hours for the past 5 days. Maybe a couple of times 2 hours and a couple of times 4. And I had newborn formula---it was for cats, but that's what the web suggested. It said they were almost impossible to raise--and these were orphaned before their eyes opened. Poor little things. My science teacher friend told me yesterday that the second one was going to die too, since his brother/sister died. So, kind of a bummer 2 days. I know, I know---they were MICE!!! But still, some of you  know what I mean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2007, 07:58:02 pm »
Aww Shasta, that is too bad, and sad. I know exactly what you mean, even though they were little tiny mice, they were still living things, with souls, I believe.  So sorry to read of this.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2007, 08:04:19 pm »
Thank you, Cameron. I'm glad you get it.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2007, 08:39:33 pm »
You're welcome,  Shasta, I really do get it.

Today was not a very good day for me either. I have a little time off with no real plans today, but I was so restless I couldn't get anything done, even though I have about a million projects and things to do.  I hate being like this, but I don't know how not to be so restless all the time.  Maybe it was worse today cause it was raining and cloudy here all day.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2007, 08:47:27 pm »
You're welcome,  Shasta, I really do get it.

Today was not a very good day for me either. I have a little time off with no real plans today, but I was so restless I couldn't get anything done, even though I have about a million projects and things to do.  I hate being like this, but I don't know how not to be so restless all the time.  Maybe it was worse today cause it was raining and cloudy here all day.

I understand that too, Cameron. Sometimes (most of the time) I feel overwhelmed with so much I need to get done that I just ignore all of it!! I really don't like to be like that either. For me, some of it is from depression, I think. And I just want to snap out of it!! And you said you have time off---that is my worst time. If I am under a deadline to get something done---I will do it. But time off is like---"oh, I can do that tomorrow--I've got plenty of time."  LOL I'm a mess sometimes. Hope you have a sunny day tomorrow!!  8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2007, 09:35:42 pm »
Ah Shasta, those little helpless guys, we get it.  It sounds like you took really good care of them, they were just too tiny to make it.

You'll be able to get a night's sleep tonight.   {{{{Shasta}}}}

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2007, 09:42:48 pm »
Thank you, Elle and Cam, for being so understanding about my sadness -- that, I'm sure, seems silly to most--even me. So much worse sadness exists. I think I'm in a crying mood, too, because I cry when ya'll are so nice to me and while I'm listening to BBM Radio One---just now played a homage to BBM and then "Will You Remember Me?" I'm sure ya'll have had those "crying" days? Thanks for helping me get through.

:'(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Fran

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2007, 10:22:28 pm »
Fran, I have no idea, really.  I guess that's why I liked it.  I thought the pictures were vegatables, though now I am not sure, but I really don't know what is 'never enough' for them.

And here I thought they were fish!

Offline Fran

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2007, 10:27:37 pm »
Well, my little orphan mice died--one last night and one today. I feel sad....

So sorry to hear this, Shasta.  I was hoping they'd beat impossible odds.  :(

You can take comfort in knowing that you did everything that was humanly possible to save them.  They were just too young.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2007, 10:34:35 pm »
Thank you Fran. Yep--they didn't have their eyes open still. Poor little things. Each one was active and eating until just a little while before dying. They just needed a mama mouse, no doubt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2007, 10:40:41 pm »
And here I thought they were fish!

At first I thought you were talking about the mice - that all this time you thought that we were talking about fish.

To me that cloth looks like sort of googly-eyed bulgy goldfish and tiny squid.  Maybe it could be a poll or sumpn.  Might be fun.  :)  I'll post it on the banner, just say some little word.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2007, 10:44:05 pm »
I actually have a much clearer picture, where you can see what they are, that I was going to post here, but I will hold off on that.

I guess I was so taken with "Never Enough" that I didn't really look closely at what the things are.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2007, 10:46:43 pm »
In what kind of establishment was that displayed? It looked like sea creatures to me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2007, 10:51:26 pm »
It looked like a bar, but I it was guess a restaurent, and yeah, just forget what I wrote, I can be really dumb and dense even if I have a whole bunch of degrees.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2007, 11:14:52 pm »
It looked like a bar, but I it was guess a restaurent, and yeah, just forget what I wrote, I can be really dumb and dense even if I have a whole bunch of degrees.

LOL.

Maybe it means "Never enough time to spend seeing all the beauty you can see in nature."   ???

I'm watching "The Untouchables". AMC is showing it for its 20th anniversary!!! Can't believe it's been that long since I fell in love with that movie---Costner, De Niro, Connery, and especially Andy Garcia!!!! I loved the little guy with glasses too--can't remember his name. I like the music and the setting of Chicago in the early part of the 20th century. Very cool. (Violent, tho.) I don't think I'd want to live there then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2007, 11:44:38 pm »
Something good happened yesterday. I was sitting out on the steps waiting for my cousin to come by, and a hummingbird came two or three times to get nectar (I guess) from my butterfly bush. Here is the bush. I didn't get a picture of the bird---he was  big. One day, I'll park myself out there with the camera and try to catch him! Now I have martins, owls, hummingbirds, and several other birds around the house. Maybe because my cat has become elderly and not so apt to give chase. I also saw a bird shaped like a cardinal (the crown) but it was brownish with a little orange. Maybe it was a female cardinal? I don't know. Anyway, it's fun to see them. (I don't see the owls who live in a small stand of evergreen trees across the street, but I hear them hooting.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2007, 12:17:50 am »
Well, my little orphan mice died--one last night and one today. I feel sad--they were really active Tuesday morning.  I was feeding them throughout the night and day at least every 3 hours for the past 5 days. Maybe a couple of times 2 hours and a couple of times 4. And I had newborn formula---it was for cats, but that's what the web suggested. It said they were almost impossible to raise--and these were orphaned before their eyes opened. Poor little things. My science teacher friend told me yesterday that the second one was going to die too, since his brother/sister died. So, kind of a bummer 2 days. I know, I know---they were MICE!!! But still, some of you  know what I mean.

when I was about fourteen my cat caught a ground squirrel. I tried to take care of him. He lived for a week then died.

I still think about him.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2007, 12:22:14 am »
when I was about fourteen my cat caught a ground squirrel. I tried to take care of him. He lived for a week then died.

I still think about him.

These little creatures we share the planet with can really have an effect on us, huh, Jess?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2007, 12:27:00 am »

These little creatures we share the planet with can really have an effect on us, huh, Jess?

yes they can

I am always a bit suspicious of someone that DOESN'T like animals..

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:10 am »
yes they can

Me too. I once had a b/f who told me I needed to get rid of all my dogs except for one (I had 4 at the time). Notice I said "once"--he is no more. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2007, 12:32:37 am »
Me too. I once had a b/f who told me I needed to get rid of all my dogs except for one (I had 4 at the time). Notice I said "once"--he is no more. LOL

smart girl!!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2007, 12:36:39 am »
I don't think he disliked animals, but he disliked the idea of having that many. No way I was giving away any of my dogs. They were all spayed and well taken care of, so it was best we not stay together, anyway. Too much philosophical difference. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2007, 10:17:01 am »
Shasta, I'm sorry to hear about the little mice.  If love and care were enough, I'm sure they'd have made it, but as you say, they must have needed a mama mouse.  :(

Marleen, I know how you feel about wanting to ignore all the stuff you need to do.  In the weeks leading up to the Alberta trip, I had a long list of stuff that I kind of skipped over.  Now I've got twice as much to do this week, and everything I cross off the list gets balanced out by something else I've had to add!  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline opinionista

« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2007, 10:25:16 am »
yes they can

A lot of people don't like animals for a wide range of reasons. That doesn't make them bad persons. Some are allergic, others don't like the smell or don't want to deal with the hassle of having to clean after them or taking them out, etc. I love animals but I know a lot of people who don't and they are wonderful, loving and great people.

Ps. I also met a man who loved his dog and beat his wife. He's in jail now, where he belongs.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 10:31:03 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2007, 01:08:26 am »
I am mad. I had to renew my check cashing card because it got worn out. Well, while it was gone, I accidentally overdrew my checking account. I had the money in savings, but just didn't realize I needed to transfer!! I got 4 NSF fees---$25.00 each. So that's $100.00 gone. I have been with that bank for 10 years, and I asked them to waive the fees. They waived 1 of them. Does it really cost the bank $25.00 to take care of each NSF?? I know it's my fault, but as far as I can remember--that's my first overdraw at that bank.  All 4 of the overdraw amounts were LESS than the $25.00 fee. UGH. I am mad at myself and at my BANK!!!! It's like burning $75.00 which is NO fun.

Then my cousin tells me a while back the same thing happened to him. He went to the bank in person---and the same bank officer waived all 4 of his overdraw fees!!! He was mad because they'd cashed the largest check first, and if they'd cashed all the others first, he would have had only 1 NSF fee. I talked to the bank guy over the phone and he even LECTURED me.

Ugh---probably because I'm a woman and I wasn't adamant. I need to be more forceful, I guess. Shoulda gone in person.  

Now the good. My aunt cooked supper tonight for my cousins and me. She made dressing, chicken and dumplings, corn, green beans with potatoes, tomatoes, and for dessert apple pie and vanilla bean ice cream. Man, it was good ...... and fattening. Home cooked meal---yummy!! Then she gave me some of it to bring home for tomorrow plus a cantaloupe and a watermelon. I'm set. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2007, 01:18:26 am »
Shasta, I say good for you for even asking them to waive them.  I've had several more than zero NSFs, and it never occurred to me to do that.  I admire you.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2007, 01:26:31 am »
Shasta, I say good for you for even asking them to waive them.  I've had several more than zero NSFs, and it never occurred to me to do that.  I admire you.

Thanks, Elle. I appreciate that. Man, I try not to overdraw---I hate that money going to nothing for me. LOL. Also---are you ever late on a payment? Most creditors charge $29.00 for a late fee. Well, if you call and ask nicely---they will credit that late fee to your balance (they will forgive once every 6 months usually). I DO get late fees here and there, so I have called and used that little feature several times. One of my credit cards started charging $35.00 late fees and I paid them off and dropped them. That was TOOOO steep, and I am too forgetful sometimes. Haven't been late so much since billing went online--thankful for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2007, 01:48:38 am »

Go get your money back! Tell them you have been a good customer of the bank for 10 years-I work in a bank (or I did til they kicked me to the curb) and playing the "good customer" card can go a long way.

I don't like rodents at all (in bold, caps, red and 24 font) but I'm sorry you lost them. When we were kids, baby birds would fall out of the nest built in our roof tiles. My sis and I would try to incubate (cook) them and keep them alive. It was always tragic when they didn't survive. We had very elaborate funerals and there are a bizillion birds buried in (now) my brothers back yard.

I leave for Calgary Saturday and OMG is it ever time! Work is about to wear me out. One of the interns left to go back home to Philly today. I love her-even after just 3 weeks and will miss her. My other Philly intern will leave when I'm in Alberta and I will be very (in bold, caps, red and 24 font) sad cuz I love him to pieces. I wish he would stop calling me "ma" though...

My house is a mess, the guest bedroom (which needs to be used in my absence) is littered with mail and other crap, dirty dishes in the sink, cat hair and dust everywhere else (probably in the sink as well) and I am doing what I do best-procrastinate!

Oh well, looks like tomorrow will be a cleaning all-nighter!

Happy Friday loverlies

O0

Heathen

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2007, 01:52:07 am »
I am mad. I had to renew my check cashing card because it got worn out. Well, while it was gone, I accidentally overdrew my checking account. I had the money in savings, but just didn't realize I needed to transfer!! I got 4 NSF fees---$25.00 each. So that's $100.00 gone. I have been with that bank for 10 years, and I asked them to waive the fees. They waived 1 of them. Does it really cost the bank $25.00 to take care of each NSF?? I know it's my fault, but as far as I can remember--that's my first overdraw at that bank.  All 4 of the overdraw amounts were LESS than the $25.00 fee. UGH. I am mad at myself and at my BANK!!!! It's like burning $75.00 which is NO fun.

Then my cousin tells me a while back the same thing happened to him. He went to the bank in person---and the same bank officer waived all 4 of his overdraw fees!!! He was mad because they'd cashed the largest check first, and if they'd cashed all the others first, he would have had only 1 NSF fee. I talked to the bank guy over the phone and he even LECTURED me.

Ugh---probably because I'm a woman and I wasn't adamant. I need to be more forceful, I guess. Shoulda gone in person.  

Now the good. My aunt cooked supper tonight for my cousins and me. She made dressing, chicken and dumplings, corn, green beans with potatoes, tomatoes, and for dessert apple pie and vanilla bean ice cream. Man, it was good ...... and fattening. Home cooked meal---yummy!! Then she gave me some of it to bring home for tomorrow plus a cantaloupe and a watermelon. I'm set. LOL

The same thing happened to me, Shasta.  Only, my charges totaled $500.00 and the bank promised to waive the overdraft charges for 3 of them, but never did.  I refused to pay and they're now threatening to sue.  I don't care.  I had it out with the young CS guy telling him that I've been banking at his bank since before he was born, and that they just lost a 35 year customer.  I emptied my savings and opened a credit union checking and savings.  I'm a lot happier now.  $38.00 for overdraft charges that they approved on debit Visa.  The nerve of some people!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2007, 01:56:58 am »
I leave for Calgary Saturday and OMG is it ever time! Work is about to wear me out. One of the interns left to go back home to Philly today. I love her-even after just 3 weeks and will miss her. My other Philly intern will leave when I'm in Alberta and I will be very (in bold, caps, red and 24 font) sad cuz I love him to pieces. I wish he would stop calling me "ma" though...

Have fun in Calgary, RouxB!! What kind of interns were you training?

My house is a mess, the guest bedroom (which needs to be used in my absence) is littered with mail and other crap, dirty dishes in the sink, cat hair and dust everywhere else (probably in the sink as well) and I am doing what I do best-procrastinate!

LOL. You sound like me!! Are you a Libra? I will dust and then 3 days later---it's back. It's like--what's the use? If I leave it a few days, it looks the same. My cousin, who lets my dogs out, sometimes writes a note in it.

OMG. Once she wrote "Nice" in the dust on my stove---shows you how much I cook.

Good luck with your clean-up nite--maybe some nice people will help you.  :P Have a great trip!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2007, 02:01:33 am »
The same thing happened to me, Shasta.  Only, my charges totaled $500.00 and the bank promised to waive the overdraft charges for 3 of them, but never did.  I refused to pay and they're now threatening to sue.  I don't care.  I had it out with the young CS guy telling him that I've been banking at his bank since before he was born, and that they just lost a 35 year customer.  I emptied my savings and opened a credit union checking and savings.  I'm a lot happier now.  $38.00 for overdraft charges that they approved on debit Visa.  The nerve of some people!

Holy geez---$38.00!!! And I thought our $25.00 was high. Why did they go back on what they said? They should have contacted you before it went up to $500.00. That's what my cousin told me to do--change banks. There aren't that many options in a town of < 3,000, tho. And I'd have to change all my info. on my online payments. UGH. So much trouble. I'll just be mad at them. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2007, 02:34:40 am »
I got a baby nephew today at 1:00pm. 8 pounds, 21 inches tall with an interesting name...

The dishes are done. floors mopped, bathroom clean, (some) laundry done. I have much left to do but it will have to wait til 6am. I'm way too tired.

Alberta bound!

O0

Heathen

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2007, 02:49:26 am »
Congrats on the new nephew, RouxB!! You're not gonna share the interesting name??

And have FUN, FUN, FUN in Alberta!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2007, 05:50:49 am »
I went out this evening for dinner with my friend G. and four others of her friends.  We were celebrating her completion of graduate school.  She worked so hard, very disciplined about balancing everything else around studying for two and a half years.  It seems like it wasn't that long ago that she was agonizing over whether to go back to school or not, and now she's done. 

Her daughter is three weeks younger than my daughter.  In the last four years I've raised a daughter.  In the same four years, G. has raised a daughter and gotten a master's degree in a field she believes in.   Comparison late at night when I am tired is not a good idea.

Tomorrow there will be seven of us here for dinner - a vegan, two vegetarians, one person who doesn't think it's food unless it's meat, two children and one who weighs and measures everything she eats, and requires that nothing (including cooking oil) be mixed with any other category during cooking.  So I'm making steamed brown and wild rice, separating some out for the measurer and the vegan, and then mixing melted Cambozola cheese into the rest (becomes like a risotto, without all the stirring), roasted summer vegetables (cooking spray on them doesn't count as oil), a green salad with a variety of optional stuff like cashews for people to put in it, and Rainier cherries if there are any left in the stores, otherwise some other kind of fruit. 

When I invited my friends, I had a picture of us all being just in the backyard, but it looks like it's going to be raining and we'll need to be inside.  I am going to try to not clean, clean, clean to get ready for them.  I'm also going to try not to worry, worry, worry about not cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.  :) 

I can do most of this very simple dinner before they get here, and I want to just be part of the hanging out once they're here.

I am lucky to have a house, a yard, a family, friends, the money to buy $16 a pound cheese and Rainier cherries, rain that we need, a recliner (that I'm in now), a laptop (that I'm on now), a mother in pretty good health, even though far away, and that I didn't have to be studying relentlessly for the last two and a half years.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2007, 12:40:33 pm »
I am lucky to have a house, a yard, a family, friends, the money to buy $16 a pound cheese and Rainier cherries, rain that we need, a recliner (that I'm in now), a laptop (that I'm on now), a mother in pretty good health, even though far away, and that I didn't have to be studying relentlessly for the last two and a half years. 

Good attitude, Elle!! Have a fun dinner party! Sounds delicious! Are ya'll gonna play games afterwards---or just visit?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2007, 11:24:16 pm »
Good attitude, Elle!! Have a fun dinner party! Sounds delicious! Are ya'll gonna play games afterwards---or just visit?

We talked, and took turns playing with the kids.  Also, we moved a couch while we had the extra people.  :)  Tomorrow we sort of have a repeat going to happen, this time 6 of my husband's family are coming over for the afternoon, age range from 11 to 83.  It's still raining, so we'll all be inside, probably.  Getting out the games will be a good idea, thanks.  :)

injest

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2007, 09:15:32 pm »
Last night a friend called me and told me she was hauling her horse up to the arena to ride...did I want her to load up one for me. For a change I didn't overthink it and I told her to go ahead....I would meet her up there.

She brought her old mare for me. We rode around the arena....talked, drank sodas sitting on the horses backs. Pretended to have a show and basically acted like a couple of teenagers instead of two forty somethings.

We were the only ones there..and it is out on a backroad so we had privacy. I had such fun.

I am reminded today of the line in the book. Memory of last night and that carefree feeling has suffused my day with a sense of happiness.

having said that...right now...I am REALLY really really missing Roland. Hope  he is having a good time!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2007, 12:21:17 pm »
I am reminded today of the line in the book. Memory of last night and that carefree feeling has suffused my day with a sense of happiness.  

What a great day!

having said that...right now...I am REALLY really really missing Roland. Hope  he is having a good time!  

From the pictures--it looks like all Brokies are having a good time.

My town has no water today!!!! Those I've called have no idea why, and the water office number has been busy every time I've tried to call. You really miss your water when you can't get it!!
 :P

OK--after 3-4 hours of no water---we got it back. YAY!! I still don't know what happened---I'm just happy it has been restored. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:27:50 pm by Shasta542 »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2007, 01:38:52 pm »
Yup, Water is very important!!

Callum is feeling a little queezy today..I hope he feels better after his current cat nap... and I have lots of housework to do!

My friend has just been offered a new job - I'm so glad - she really needed a boost.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2007, 02:33:43 am »
I just got back from Alberta today and the house needs cleaning, and the car needs to go to the shop for maintenance, but first I need to clean it out.  I love staying in hotels, and going out to eat with friends.  No one made my dinner for me tonight, and I ate it all alone.  No one even came around to refill my water glass....:(

Vacation is fun.  But actually, I think part of my downness right now is being so tired from the vacation adventure.

The last morning (yesterday) my sister and her boyfriend arrived and had breakfast with me, Meryl, Paul, and Truman.  It was nice having my worlds collide.  I was so proud to introduce my sister to my friends, and my friends to my sister.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2007, 07:36:51 am »
me, Meryl, Paul, and Truman

Sounds like a great way to spend breakfast!  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2007, 08:06:59 am »
My friend - who I met while trekkin in Cuba - she has ME and was doing the trek for the ME charity - sent me an email today - I don't speak to her regulalry so was shocked to hear her news - but I thought perhaps you guys could throw a wish into the air for her and her family too.

Hope you don't mind this email, it's an email of desperation and a plea for help.

My sister Sophia (29 years old), some of you already know has a rare form of cervical cancer. The last few weeks she's been having chemo, the strongest kind and at the maximum dosage, but the cancer has still been spreading very aggressively.

We were told yesterday that there's not much that can be done for her. We'll find out on Thursday if her cancer is "officially" terminal, or if they'll still be able to attempt radiotherapy - but they made it quite clear that even if they can try radiotherapy, the chances of it working are almost nothing.

So the only thing that can save my sister is a miracle. I've heard of people being healed of all sorts of things, including people whose cancer has miraculously disappeared, and we need one of these miracles for my sister. So please, even if you only have an ounce of faith, pray for my sister - you can do it while your sitting at your desks, it doesn't need to take more than a few seconds. And if you know anyone who might pray for her, please pass on this email to them.

Thank you

px

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2007, 03:57:36 pm »
Kelda, I'm sendin up a prayer...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2007, 03:59:01 pm »
Sounds like a great way to spend breakfast!  ;D

Oh, Shasta, the trip was bliss in terms of Brokie hangin' out, that's for sure. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2007, 07:59:38 am »

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2007, 10:48:44 pm »
Well.

:'( Yesterday was horrible.   :D Today was good.

Yesterday my AC, which has not been very efficient lately, completely went out late in the afternoon. It was 100 outside and almost 90 inside. I took my big dog to a friend's house and stayed here with the others, putting out ice and keeping fans on them. I opened the windows, too, but there wasn't much relief. I got sick from the heat. I started calling, but the only AC repair I got in contact with wouldn't travel the distance. I hoped and prayed that I wouldn't have to replace the whole big deal.

This morning, one of the men called back from a voice mail I'd left. He came over very early and took the thing apart. Luckily, all it needed was to be cleaned. He did that and it started cooling immediately. I was very relieved.

I'm still feeling the effects---didn't notice so much while it was happening. I didn't know I was such a wimp. But I'm swigging Gator Ade, taking magnesium, eating bananas for potassium, and resting. The dogs are happier too.

And also today was good because---Susiebell got back from a long vacation!   And my friend got a good report from the Dr.

;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2007, 11:29:31 pm »
Poor Sasha SHASTA!!!!

that DOES sound horrible....houses are built these days with an eye toward AC...not crossbreezes, like the old houses...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2007, 12:30:14 pm »
air conditioning - god only a few hours in the plane away but each other but a totally different world!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2007, 09:36:13 pm »
Tonight I'm watching/listening to an episode of "Friends". At the end I notice that Anna Faris was in the episode. She played the pregnant girl who chose Chandler and Monica to be her baby's parents because she thought they were a doctor and a reverend---then changed her mind when she found out they weren't. But Chandler made a really sweet plea for her to reconsidier, and she did. I didn't even notice that it was her at the time. Anyone else see that one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2007, 03:40:06 am »
yup, and then she is so dumb she doesn't realise shes having twins because when the doctor talks about 2 heartbeats she think she means the babys and hers.

Ana seems to be one stereotyped into her roles - has anyone seen her in a serious - non goofy character?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2007, 12:09:02 pm »
Hello to the diary and anyone who reads it!

I have been working full-time throughout the week and part-time throughout the weekends for a few weeks!!! So--to all BROKIES:

Plus I am battling "defoliant"!! Has anyone ever smelled defoliant? This is cotton country -- it is the chemical that farmers spray on their plants (using crop-duster airplanes) so that the leaves fall off before picking the cotton. Anyway---is it a MUST to do that? I don't think they did it when I was a kid.  It is a very heavy, pervasive, almost palpable odor and it gives some people (me included) pounding headaches. I drive to work with a nose mask on so I can't smell it as much. This lasts from mid September until the first or second week in October.

I stopped at a little roadside store to get a coke last week and I asked one of the farmers if he was defoliating. Yep. I said well---you're killing me. haha He said it doesn't bother him at all.

So--that's where I've been!! Working and trying to get rid of headaches. I still check when I can and I have been having so much fun looking at the SF Castro/Rodeo pictures. I love those. Please somebody TELL---whose big house is that that Adam posted!!!???? I'm so curious now. :P

Have a great Sunday!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2007, 06:23:17 pm »
Hey Shasta.

How are you?!

I'm home from my holiday and getting caught up with my internet life!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2007, 06:38:12 pm »

Kelda's back!!!

We missed you---can't wait to hear about (and see) the trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2007, 06:40:09 pm »
 ;D

aww.. thanks Shasta!  :-*

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2007, 10:09:33 am »
;D It's not the same without ya!!

I just walked outside to get something out of the car---and the weather is just BEAUTIFUL!! The sun is out and it's 66*F. Kinda crisp and no defoliant odor. Very autumn-like. I love it. I think I'll get out some today. I need to mow, but ..... Nawwww!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2007, 06:24:04 am »
Hello. Today is my one year anniversary of seeing "Brokeback Mountain".

Many good times/a few bad times since then.

All good getting to know all ya'll!!  ;D

Thanks for the Bettermost home!

How am I celebrating? I have be at work this morning by 7 -- on freakin' Saturday -- then an afternoon school deal and an evening school deal -- so I'll be gone til 11:00 tonite!! My cousin will take care of the dogs, the poor things. They count on me being home on Saturdays!!  :P

I appreciate all the conversations and enlightening lessons that I have learned here and on IMDb -- most of you know how you sought out answers at IMDb when you first saw the movie -- I did anyway. But being here is so sweet!

Love Ya!  :-* :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Sharon

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2007, 07:13:57 am »
Hey Shasta,  :D
just wanted to say:
I`m glad you are a part of our Bettermost family!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2007, 12:05:10 pm »
Congrats, happy anniversary and so glad you're here Shasta!!!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2007, 12:50:31 am »
Thank you Sharon Amber and Kelda -- it's great to be here!!  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2007, 08:09:29 am »
My friend - who I met while trekkin in Cuba - she has ME and was doing the trek for the ME charity - sent me an email today - I don't speak to her regulalry so was shocked to hear her news - but I thought perhaps you guys could throw a wish into the air for her and her family too.
Hope you don't mind this email, it's an email of desperation and a plea for help.

My sister Sophia (29 years old), some of you already know has a rare form of cervical cancer. The last few weeks she's been having chemo, the strongest kind and at the maximum dosage, but the cancer has still been spreading very aggressively.

We were told yesterday that there's not much that can be done for her. We'll find out on Thursday if her cancer is "officially" terminal, or if they'll still be able to attempt radiotherapy - but they made it quite clear that even if they can try radiotherapy, the chances of it working are almost nothing.

So the only thing that can save my sister is a miracle. I've heard of people being healed of all sorts of things, including people whose cancer has miraculously disappeared, and we need one of these miracles for my sister. So please, even if you only have an ounce of faith, pray for my sister - you can do it while your sitting at your desks, it doesn't need to take more than a few seconds. And if you know anyone who might pray for her, please pass on this email to them.

Thank you

px

I just received another email to tell me that pani's sister died 2 week's ago.

So quick and she was only 3 years older than me.

:'(

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2007, 09:14:11 am »
That's sad to hear, Kelda. It's always sadder to me when a young person dies. It's just "out of order" in the great scheme of things.

I bought some movies a few months ago--when Barnes and Noble had a "buy 2 get one free" special. Finally yesterday I was a slug and just sat and watched 2 of them.

"The Road to Perdition" was very good. I love early 20th century settings, and the actors were great. I've had that soundtrack for a long time -- it's beautiful.

"The Last King of Scotland" was disturbing. I know it was historical fiction, but based on some things that happened in the Idi Amin regime. Scary. Some say that Zimbabwe is not much better off now than Uganda was then. I read an article about a school teacher from Zimbabwe who prostitutes on the side to make ends meet from her and her husband's meager salaries--so they can feed their kids here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article2010041.ece

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2007, 01:15:54 pm »
Thanks Shasta.

Last King of AScotland - def disturbng - i watched it a couple of months ago. Although loved James McCann in it. Have you seen Hotel Rwanda - thats another good but disturing one.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2007, 08:36:12 pm »
No--I haven't seen Hotel Rwanda or Schindler's List either, Kelda.  I know I should. My friend said that she didn't want to see S L, but she forced herself because she knew she needed to know--she sobbed all through it.

Yesterday my Yorkie and I went to the grocery store. When I came out a lady and a dog were parked beside my car. Her little dog was a Yorkie too, but it had a long tail. It had on a little shirt and it barked constantly. Very cute, and only 3 pounds -- but annoyingly yappy. I held my huge 5 pound Yorkie up to see her -- my girl didn't make a sound. Good girl!  :)  I asked the lady the dog's name and she said it was "Dolly Barker".  Haha -- good name. I know a vet named Dr. Barkley, too -- she specializes in horses, tho.

Today I bought a fruit that said "Grapple" -- looks like an apple; tastes like a grape. I haven't tasted it yet, but it smells good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2007, 04:32:09 am »

Today I bought a fruit that said "Grapple" -- looks like an apple; tastes like a grape. I haven't tasted it yet, but it smells good.

oooh! posts a pic - sounds wierd!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2007, 07:13:28 am »

They just look like regular apples, but they smell and taste like grapes. A young man behind me in line asked how they tasted, so I gave him one. I ate one last night, and I'm taking one for lunch today. There were 4 in the package and it cost $5.00--so more than plain apples. The one last night was really good -- the texture was apple, but the taste was a very pleasant grape. Hmmmm.....how'd they do that?  :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2007, 03:55:43 pm »
im intriegued!!! i wonder if they have them in th uk
I have pulled something in my neck and shoulder and im in sooooo much pain! lying propped up on a pillow at the moment.
did this on the way to meet my mate - who was going wedding dress shopping. i think she tried on her dress  today - she looked fab!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2007, 09:44:02 pm »
im intriegued!!! i wonder if they have them in th uk
I have pulled something in my neck and shoulder and im in sooooo much pain! lying propped up on a pillow at the moment.
did this on the way to meet my mate - who was going wedding dress shopping. i think she tried on her dress  today - she looked fab!

That is just such a bother, isn't it, Kelda? I hate when I do that!! Have ya got a heating pad? I put heat on my "pulls"! Which -- I have one in the back tonite from lifting some heavy boxes today. (Not really all that heavy -- just heavy to my weak self.)_Take care, Kelda--hope it's worked out by morning!! You need a grapple! I don't know if they're found in the UK -- these are from Wenatchee, WA.

I got home about 30-40 minutes ago. Nothing big, just all day several small things conspired to cause extreme stress, not the least of which was driving home (in the dark since dst ended) in torrential rain accompanied by wicked lightning!! I'm so thankful there was a tall truck in front of me so that I could follow his taillights---it was too dangerous to try to pull onto the shoulder. I said a prayer of thanks when the rain finally let up!

Anyway--I don't get stressed easily and don't cry too much, but this has just been one of those Mondays.  The second I drove into my carport this song came on. I just sat there and listened and cried and thought about all the people I love and lost and how I'd like to be able to spend one more day with them. Sometimes crying helps. Weird.

For some reason -- the video stops twice, but after that it works fine.  :-\

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV7ZzgJCYFo[/youtube]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2007, 04:45:07 am »
Aww shasta, hope you're feeling better after he stressful day and little cry.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2007, 06:11:23 am »
Aww shasta, hope you're feeling better after he stressful day and little cry.

Thank you, Kelda. A good night's sleep did wonders for my outlook and my back! How is your shoulder/neck pull -- better I hope!! Take care and have a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2007, 08:57:12 am »
betterbut still a little sore - am doesed up on iboprofen which im sure will do the tricke over a few days.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2007, 09:24:52 pm »
My camera that I just bought in July is broken I guess. While I was taking pictures Wednesday, a message came on that said "Memory Card Error" and the instruction booklet said that there is probably a problem with the camera. Nice. I miss it!!

Last night I watched the CMA AWARDS. I thought it was very well done. Taylor Swift is so cute. She won the Horizon Award and she said that was the highlight of her senior year. And Brad Paisley nearly cried when he was talking about his dad---Kellie Pickler did cry. She was singing a song about her mom who abandoned her when she was a little girl. It was a pretty emotional show. This is Taylor and her newest release.
 ;)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6s5cxBN8mA[/youtube]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2007, 04:56:51 am »
it should still be in warranty though Shasta?

Yesterday - i replied with a very long email to a friend who si travelling round the world - who I met when in Warsaw last year - I've been meaning tio do it for months - so i feel betetr having done that now...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2007, 06:48:27 am »
I don't know about the warranty, but I am going to check.

That is interesting about your friend traveling around the world. Is it someone who is retired? Nice to get those correspondences written and sent, isn't it?

Hey--have a great weekend, Kelda. I'm so happy it's FRIDAY!!!! Just 7 more work days until Thanksgiving vacation!!!
  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2007, 08:54:03 am »
I don't know about the warranty, but I am going to check.

That is interesting about your friend traveling around the world. Is it someone who is retired? Nice to get those correspondences written and sent, isn't it?

Hey--have a great weekend, Kelda. I'm so happy it's FRIDAY!!!! Just 7 more work days until Thanksgiving vacation!!!
  ;)

No he's in his early 30's.. sold his flat in london and decided to go travelling!

Enjoy the weekend Shasta!

I'm happy - I just found out that Glasgow won their bid to hold the Commonwelth Games in 2014! Brilliant news for Scotland and particularly Glasgow.

Glasgow has been chosen to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games.

There were celebrations in the Scottish city as the decision of the 71 voting nations was announced in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Glasgow had been competing against Nigerian capital Abuja for the right to host the games.

It has been estimated that it will cost the city £288m to stage the sporting event, with most of the funding coming from the Scottish Government.

Thousands of people gathered to watch the result at events in the city.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7085422.stm

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2007, 11:30:02 am »
My 4 year old niece was watching me online here a few minutes ago and she said:

OH!!! Pretty Autumn trees!! They're lovely! Where did you get that picture Aunty Kelda?

she then asked the name of the two men in brokeback_dev's profile pic -  told her they were Ennis &b Jack and she asked which was which. Didn't ask why they were almost kissing though!  ;D

Then she asked about Elle's picture in her sig line and she asked me everyones name - so I told her the ones I knew. 

Cute.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2009, 09:23:38 am »
Bumping an oldie but goodie...

It's my nieces's school prom tonight (she graduates from this primary school at the end of June and after the summer goes on to secondary school where the real hard work begins!)

She is 11 years old and I have to go home for work early and do her hair all fancy for her - The class is going to it in a bus limo thing that is a mini nightclub inside it! 

Geesh! Kids these days!!  ;D ::)

Offline optom3

« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2009, 11:29:43 am »
Bumping an oldie but goodie...

It's my nieces's school prom tonight (she graduates from this primary school at the end of June and after the summer goes on to secondary school where the real hard work begins!)

She is 11 years old and I have to go home for work early and do her hair all fancy for her - The class is going to it in a bus limo thing that is a mini nightclub inside it! 

Geesh! Kids these days!!  ;D ::)

Oh she will love her prom night. Emma was giddy with excitement. I posted her pics on my blog. It made me simultaneously feel incredibly proud/weepy and also old !!
I am having a massive very long delayed spring clean of the house, in fact am just taking a break from it now. I used to love cleaning but I despise it now. I have decided if I do a really thorough clean it may help organise my head as well.
Post pictures of your niece if you are allowed to.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2009, 12:35:16 pm »
Thanks for bumping, Kelda.  This is like a blog for those who don't have blogs!  8)

Hope your niece enjoys her big night out.  Proms are always a big deal when you're that age.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2009, 06:23:15 pm »
Its not such a prom as you guys on the US know it but they did get a limo as I say, and a nice dinner and goodie bags but they also did bowling and lazer quest rather than a dance!!! They ahd a school oscars the night before too and she was more dressed up at that..

I'm going to post an image - can you see it?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2009, 08:01:10 pm »
I'm going to post an image - can you see it?

Yes, what a cutie!  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...