Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006406 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #680 on: January 17, 2011, 08:35:14 pm »
The neighbors just told me that they have been seeing a big gray and white coyote in their yards the past couple of weeks!! Yikes!! My cat goes in and out. Now that I've found out .... she has to stay in. I went and left a note for the neighbor across the street. She has a little toy poodle that she lets roam. Scary!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #681 on: January 17, 2011, 08:39:37 pm »

Happy Anniversary to Ember and the Fam! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #682 on: January 17, 2011, 09:10:31 pm »
The neighbors just told me that they have been seeing a big gray and white coyote in their yards the past couple of weeks!! Yikes!! My cat goes in and out. Now that I've found out .... she has to stay in. I went and left a note for the neighbor across the street. She has a little toy poodle that she lets roam. Scary!

whoa.....not cool.  I'm glad you are able to keep your cat in, and that you left a note for your neighbor.

I hope it moves on shortly, and things can go back to normal.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #683 on: January 17, 2011, 09:56:03 pm »
whoa.....not cool.  I'm glad you are able to keep your cat in, and that you left a note for your neighbor.

I hope it moves on shortly, and things can go back to normal.

First I went over to tell her. But she didn't open the door. I was just going to tell her from the porch; not go in or anything. She is very unfriendly--not mean, just not sociable. I could hear her shushing the dog. LOL. But...I wanted her to know about the coyote, so I went back over with the note.

Yeah. Not much chance it'll go away if it's able to get food around here. But I hope it does go back to the woods before it gets shot.  One neighbor who told me about it said that her husband was going to get a permit to shoot the coyote. They have a little chihuahua and 3 young children and no fence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #684 on: January 18, 2011, 12:08:54 am »
Shasta, be careful around that coyote.  Wow!  David with his raccoons, del with her possum, and now you with your coyote.  I'm going to be busy  worrying about everybody.  Where I'm at, the only problem is the rats, but at least I don't have to worry about them eating Ember.  

Speaking of Ember, can't believe that I've had her for a whole year now.  Time sure flies when you're having fun!  Thanks, Paul, del, and Shasta for acknowledging our special day.   :-*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:49:41 pm by Fran »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #685 on: January 18, 2011, 02:12:34 am »
Happy anniversary Fran and Ember!

I think I've never seen such baby seal eyes in a dog but Ember. *melts*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #686 on: January 18, 2011, 02:37:27 am »
Today we're celebrating the first anniversary
of a very special "Gotcha Day" at our house!

Awww! What a cute picture!!! :-*

Congratulations on your special day, Fran and Ember!!! 8)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #687 on: January 18, 2011, 02:43:07 am »
First I went over to tell her. But she didn't open the door. I was just going to tell her from the porch; not go in or anything. She is very unfriendly--not mean, just not sociable. I could hear her shushing the dog. LOL. But...I wanted her to know about the coyote, so I went back over with the note.

Yeah. Not much chance it'll go away if it's able to get food around here. But I hope it does go back to the woods before it gets shot.  One neighbor who told me about it said that her husband was going to get a permit to shoot the coyote. They have a little chihuahua and 3 young children and no fence.

We have a big coyote problem here too, Shasta. Bobcats and (can you believe this) now Mountain Lions also. Who would have ever thought there'd be Mountain Lions in Indianapolis? We've always had coyotes here and a few bobcats from time to time, but MOUNTAIN LIONS? Anyway, there it is. :-\   You really have to watch your animals around those coyotes. Cody took off after one last fall and I was scared to death. He came back in one piece though. I was relieved. Many people here with smaller pets than Cody keep them in and always walk them on a leash. That's a good idea imo. Be careful Shasta!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #688 on: January 18, 2011, 03:23:06 pm »
Glad you found out so you can keep kitty safe Shasta!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #689 on: January 18, 2011, 05:09:01 pm »

Happy First Anniversary to Ember and Fran!