Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006424 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #700 on: February 07, 2011, 03:05:05 pm »
Just what we needed (not), even more snow yesterday!!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #701 on: February 09, 2011, 03:06:32 am »
Peaceful coexistence.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #702 on: February 09, 2011, 03:14:11 am »
Peaceful coexistence.

Awww! Is that Maxi, Chrissi? 8) 8)

I haven't seen a picture of him in a long time! What is your kitteh's name? He's a real cutie too!

:-* :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #703 on: February 09, 2011, 03:19:28 am »
Just what we needed (not), even more snow yesterday!!!

Ember be stylin'!! 8)

Does Ember tolerate the clothes? I bought a sweater and some booties for Cody several years ago but he didn't like it. He tried and tried to flick the boots off and shake the sweater off, so I gave up. He looked cute in his outfit, but apparently HE didn't think so! :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #704 on: February 09, 2011, 03:41:29 am »

Awww! Is that Maxi, Chrissi? 8) 8)

I haven't seen a picture of him in a long time! What is your kitteh's name? He's a real cutie too!

:-* :-*

Yes, that's my Mäxi. The cat's name is Cäsar.
Max has become an old fella, he was ten years last fall. So far he's fit as a fiiddle, thank god. He has developped a cyst on his neck, which the vet deemed as harmless, as long as it doesn't get infected. Knock on wood, I hope he'll stay healthy for many years to come.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #705 on: February 09, 2011, 04:12:45 am »

Yes, that's my Mäxi. The cat's name is Cäsar.
Max has become an old fella, he was ten years last fall. So far he's fit as a fiiddle, thank god. He has developped a cyst on his neck, which the vet deemed as harmless, as long as it doesn't get infected. Knock on wood, I hope he'll stay healthy for many years to come.

Oh I hope so too, Chrissi! He's a total cutie! He looks like such a sweet dog. :-*

He has lots of love at your house, I'm certain. I think he'll stick around for a long time to come. :) Please give him a hug for me. And Casar too!

Offline Fran

« Reply #706 on: February 09, 2011, 12:33:17 pm »
Peaceful coexistence.

So cute! 

And I'm glad that Cäsar is sticking close to home.  Maybe he got all his wanderlust out of his system.   ;)

Offline Fran

« Reply #707 on: February 09, 2011, 12:45:18 pm »
Does Ember tolerate the clothes?

Coats, yes.  Boots, no.  Silly hats, kinda -- only long enough to take a quick photo. or two.   :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #708 on: February 14, 2011, 03:11:11 am »
R I P

Max
2000 - 2011

Last Friday, I had to put my Mäxi down. In the early morning, the world was still intact. He was happy to go for a walk and gobbled down his food with enthusiasm. He was his usual, happy self. In the course of the morning, he deteriorated quickly though and by noon I called my husband to come home. We went to the vet immediately but by the time we arrived, Max was already a dying dog. He had hypothermia and was extremely anemic. I decided to let the vet do all emergency measures and then exams to see what's up. The ultrasound showed he had a huge tumor in his spleen and liver, which probably had broken open in the morning.
It came so quickly, we had no idea. The vet said he can see the dog was well until recently, he wasn't emaciated or anything. The kids didn't even have a chance to say good-bye, when they left for school in the morning, Mäxi was still all right. We all miss him so badly. :'( :'( :'(

Rest in peace, my friend.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:06:05 am by Penthesilea »

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #709 on: February 14, 2011, 04:52:58 am »
R I P

Max
2001 - 2011

I'm so sad for your loss. In the pic he looks like a wize guy, lovely fur. I'm not a dog person, more a cat lover but I know how much animals mean to us. They makes us happy and laughing, makes us relaxed and comforts us when we are sad.

Last Friday, I had to put my Mäxi down. In the early morning, the world was still intact. He was happy to go for a walk and gobbled down his food with enthusiasm. He was his usual, happy self. In the course of the morning, he deteriorated quickly though and by noon I called my husband to come home. We went to the vet immediately but by the time we arrived, Max was already a dying dog. He had hypothermia and was extremely anemic. I decided to let the vet do all emergency measures and then exams to see what's up. The ultrasound showed he had a huge tumor in his spleen and liver, which probably had broken open in the morning.
It came so quickly, we had no idea. The vet said he can see the dog was well until recently, he wasn't emaciated or anything. The kids didn't even have a chance to say good-bye, when they left for school in the morning, Mäxi was still all right. We all miss him so badly. :'( :'( :'(

Rest in peace, my friend.

Ennis.....always Ennis.....