Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1006420 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #750 on: April 13, 2011, 06:57:21 pm »
Shasta, I think we need to see some recent photos of your crew.

Here's my couch potato:

Thanks!  I was just looking at your icon yesterday and thinking, "I need to see some Ember pictures."

;D ;D ;D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #751 on: April 13, 2011, 09:38:24 pm »
Ember is so pretty. Yep..I need to post some of my critters, but right now my camera is on the blink. Actually the front cover of it has separated from the back and the flash won't work. I think it's time for a new one. :P  But I just had to buy 4 new performance tires for my car and that set me back....way back!!  :-\  On a good note...the car is riding way better!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #752 on: April 14, 2011, 02:17:23 am »
Shasta, I think we need to see some recent photos of your crew.

Here's my couch potato:

THERE'S EMBER!!!!! :-* :-*

Awwww, she's so cute and pretty! 8)

How did you get her to look off to the side like that Fran? Did you set the timer on your camera and then move to her left in order to get her attention? It's a wonderful picture of her! Just look at that cute face and those sparkling eyes!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #753 on: April 14, 2011, 10:38:49 am »
How did you get her to look off to the side like that Fran? Did you set the timer on your camera and then move to her left in order to get her attention? It's a wonderful picture of her! Just look at that cute face and those sparkling eyes!

David, you're giving me way too much credit here.

I just take a lot of photos and hope for the best.  If I'm lucky, I get one or two halfway decent ones, which I edit at Photobucket or at iPhoto.  (Love the cropping feature at both.  At iPhoto, you can even straighten a photo by tilting it a couple of degrees to the left or to the right.)  In way too many photos, Ember ends up looking emaciated or, believe it or not, fat and very un-whippet-like (in close-ups), or else I end up with part of her tail, or even worse, just a blur because she moved.  

Thank God for digital cameras.  At least I'm not paying for crappy photos.   :)

Here's "Cartoon" Ember:

LOL
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:55:40 pm by Fran »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #754 on: April 15, 2011, 12:32:30 am »
Awwww! I LOVE Cartoon Ember!!! 8) 8)

Regardless of how you do it, you do a very good job with those pictures Fran! Don't sell yourself short. It doesn't matter HOW you do it, it's the END RESULT that matters!

Although I think she's a very photogenic dog. And those dark sparkly eyes and sweet face would be very hard to resist. :-* :-*
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #755 on: April 15, 2011, 03:23:09 am »

I just take a lot of photos and hope for the best.  If I'm lucky, I get one or two halfway decent ones, which I edit at Photobucket or at iPhoto.  (Love the cropping feature at both.  At iPhoto, you can even straighten a photo by tilting it a couple of degrees to the left or to the right.)  In way too many photos, Ember ends up looking emaciated or, believe it or not, fat and very un-whippet-like (in close-ups), or else I end up with part of her tail, or even worse, just a blur because she moved.  

Thank God for digital cameras.  At least I'm not paying for crappy photos.   :)

Here's "Cartoon" Ember:

LOL

I know what you mean. I have about thirty photos of Mellie, and maybe five or six that aren't totally for the recycle bin. ::)
Had to scoop her up in my arms to keep the doggie still for a few seconds. She's a young terrier, what do you you expect? :laugh:

That cartoon picture of Ember is really wonderful. Something to print and put on the wall. :)

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #756 on: April 16, 2011, 01:36:14 pm »

:laugh:

Exactly.  I think I posted the picture here, somewhere, but it's of my Asian breed cats, sitting in the window sill, posed between a statue of Buddha and a bonsai tree.  One sitting, one lying down and they're both looking up at me, perfectly posed.  People look at that and assumed somehow I made the cats do that.  I have to explain that I don't make them do anything.  They did that on their own and I was just lucky enough to catch it on film. 

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #757 on: April 29, 2011, 12:24:58 pm »
I'm sorry to say that my mother's sweet, elderly greyhound Tara died yesterday.  My mother adopted her when she was already 10 years old, and gave her a very good life. 

I was glad that I got to see her Wednesday night, and take her for a little walk to her favorite spot, to visit the smells of all her friends.  Poor thing, she could hardly walk and I had to carry her into the house. 

Because she was very camera-shy, I don't have a great photo of her, except on my phone.  I'll try to extract that one.  She was very handsome, fawn-colored, and very large for a female.  When she was young, like 10-12, she liked to sprint home after our walks!

She'll be greatly missed. 

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #758 on: April 29, 2011, 12:49:16 pm »
I'm sorry to hear ((Paul and your mom)).
I'm glad that you did get to take her for a little walk one last time.

You mother did a very good deed, taking in an elderly dog. Chapeau to her.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #759 on: April 29, 2011, 01:04:12 pm »
Paul, I am so sorry to hear this news.  God bless your mom for opening her heart to a older greyhound like Tara and helping her live out her golden years in a home where she was obviously loved to pieces.  My heart aches for your mom.  This can't be easy for her...or for Tara's "uncle" Paul, for that matter.

Paraphrasing what someone told me after I lost my Madison, if there's a heaven for dogs -- and I'm sure there is -- then sweet Tara is running herself silly right now.

Please extend my deepest sympathy to your mom.