Author Topic: Animals In Our Lives  (Read 1009048 times)

Offline cornflake2912

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Animals In Our Lives
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2008, 03:33:23 am »
Thank you :)
I´ve got a few more of the leaves and also some walking sticks. I´m keeping them in a terrarium and breeding them since 3 years now.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2008, 06:55:32 am »
That insect is amazing!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline cornflake2912

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2008, 11:12:33 am »
They were 1cm when I got them. Now they´re about 10. These are the biggest walking leafes of the world.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2008, 12:03:10 am »

Heya,

I think I may have asked about this at BetterMost before.  But, I'm going to ask again.  For cat-lovers/ owners on this thread... do you have any great advice about tactics for administering Frontline flea treatments to cats?  Vivien and I just spent a miserable evening chasing around my apartment until I finally cornered her to administer the drop to the back of her neck. 

She's at the point now that she knows the *second* that I get the package out... or sometimes even as I walk towards the cupboard where I keep the package... and she begins to take evasive actions.

I feel so guilty because this whole process causes her so much angst.  But, once it's over she's perfectly fine (I mean she's mad at me) but, she doesn't seem to have any adverse reactions to the medication once it's on her.  She doesn't scratch at the spot or act like the medication is bothering her at all.

So, any clever advice about tricks to making this whole process easier would be much, much appreciated.

Thanks!

This is an illustration of Vivien's behavior tonight.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2008, 01:05:42 am »
Heya,

I think I may have asked about this at BetterMost before.  But, I'm going to ask again.  For cat-lovers/ owners on this thread... do you have any great advice about tactics for administering Frontline flea treatments to cats?  Vivien and I just spent a miserable evening chasing around my apartment until I finally cornered her to administer the drop to the back of her neck. 

She's at the point now that she knows the *second* that I get the package out... or sometimes even as I walk towards the cupboard where I keep the package... and she begins to take evasive actions.

I feel so guilty because this whole process causes her so much angst.  But, once it's over she's perfectly fine (I mean she's mad at me) but, she doesn't seem to have any adverse reactions to the medication once it's on her.  She doesn't scratch at the spot or act like the medication is bothering her at all.

So, any clever advice about tricks to making this whole process easier would be much, much appreciated.

Thanks!

I have 2 cats a nd 2 dogs.one of each don't mind the drops the other 2 hate it.I have resorted to bribery,stick the cat on my lap when hes in a good mood,having already got the drops ready.Scratch all round his ears and neck.whilst raisng the fur,at same time daughter hand feeds him cheese and i pounce with the drops.I make sure that the drops are ready at the end of the tube.He doesnt like it but  we often sit sacratching his ears and neck and feding him cheese,he is always surprised.
The day of action so to speak the drops are ready behind a cushion on the sofa,and he nevr knows if it is just a cheese day or cheese and drops!!!! gets him every time.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2008, 03:54:26 pm »
hmm it s funny Skimble is fine - I just catch him when hes in relaxed mode....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Artiste

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2008, 07:19:52 pm »
Trimed for Easter!

His long Winter hair made him look like a tiny bear before this cut!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2008, 07:40:33 pm »
He's so cute, Artiste!! I like his haircut -- very nice for warmer weather! :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2008, 10:18:19 pm »
Heya,

Thanks!

I have one cat in particular that really hates it and he knows what the package looks like. As soon as he hears the "snap" of it opening he runs.  So i've learned to open it in a different room and not let him see it. I go up and start petting him and scratching his neck and when he starts really getting into it I put on the medication.  By the time i'm done is when he starts feeling it.  Works like a charm every time.  ;D

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2008, 10:21:58 pm »
Thank you :)
I´ve got a few more of the leaves and also some walking sticks. I´m keeping them in a terrarium and breeding them since 3 years now.

Where did you get the walking leaf? What a cool pet!