Author Topic: Music News  (Read 220921 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Music News
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 05:25:35 pm »
Here's a link to more about Speedway to Nazareth:

http://www.last.fm/music/Mark+Knopfler/_/Speedway+at+Nazareth
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 01:48:25 pm »
WOW--this just announced:

New Order planning rare South American tour
NEW YORK (Billboard) - New Order will tour South America in November for the first time since 1988. Four of the five shows are in Brazil, beginning Nov. 11 in Belo Horizonte. The trek concludes Nov. 18 in Buenos Aires.

Also on tap for the legendary synth-pop outfit is a Sept. 2 appearance at Ireland's Electric Circus festival, to be followed by a seven-date U.K. tour beginning Oct. 9 in Bournemouth.

Reuters/Billboard

New Order is one of my favorite bands from the 80s! I would love to see them in the UK. At least I can dream about it, and it's happening somewhere in the world.
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 04:40:24 pm »
That's a long touring break, and they must be great if you've carried a torch for them since 1988! I trust they've continued producing albums a la the Beatles.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 06:31:00 pm »
I haven't kept up that well with them but I think they have not produced that many albums since the early 90's, maybe a few....

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2006, 07:01:27 pm »

Giancarlo

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2006, 11:17:42 pm »
Oh. My. God.

https://tickets.rollingstones.com/

The Rolling Stones have announced an extension to their tour in North America, and they had the highest grossing tour in 2005 (and possibly in 2006 too). They have basically started yet another US/Canada tour. They are playing in Los Angeles on November 18th, 2006.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2006, 11:50:25 pm »
I was travelling home tonite, and I heard the song which I fanticize to be the lullaby that Heath hums in the Dozy Embrace!! Yes, I was driving home with the full Harvest moon rising off my left shoulder, listening to NPR, and I heard a haunting song, performed by Nora Guthrie and the Klezmatics, of her father, Woodie Guthrie's favorite lullaby to his childen. No one knows what song Ennis was humming then (who knows, it could have been "Waltzing Matillda") but this is just my idea. Listen to it, and you'll be captivated:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5627147
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:14:53 pm by Front-Ranger »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 02:45:34 pm »
I'm probably posting this too late, but Prairie Home COmpanion on NPR has a double show today both featuring Mark Knopfler. The first show is rebroadcast from 2004 where he sings from his Shangrila album. The second show has him and Emmylou Harris singing from the new All the Roadrunning album. Worth tuning in to!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 01:10:11 am »
Especially if U don't like Bob Dylan, but like BBM and some country western music, check out "The Essential Bob Dylan" double CD. I especially liked "Lay Lady Lay" and "Knockin on Heaven's Door." You probly never thot of Dylan's voice as lush, but here it is!!

Giancarlo

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 01:58:19 pm »
I just spent $414 on two Rolling Stones tickets... heheh for Dodger Stadium... I'm a platinum member so I had access to the presales...