Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3768153 times)

moremojo

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1720 on: March 30, 2007, 12:24:06 pm »
I have been seeing previews on TV of the new film The Lookout (opening today), starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and I must say that Mr. Gordon-Levitt has grown into quite a fetching man. I also noted that he somewhat resembles Heath in his facial features, and when I mentioned this, my sister agreed. Probably won't be seeing the film in theaters, but looking forward to seeing more of Gordon-Levitt in the future.

Incidentally, an online acquaintance of mine thought that Gordon-Levitt was superb in Mysterious Skin, and thought this performance was even more remarkable than Heath's in Brokeback Mountain, even though he conceded that Heath's performance was excellent.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1721 on: March 31, 2007, 09:54:20 pm »
I have been seeing previews on TV of the new film The Lookout (opening today), starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and I must say that Mr. Gordon-Levitt has grown into quite a fetching man. I also noted that he somewhat resembles Heath in his facial features, and when I mentioned this, my sister agreed. Probably won't be seeing the film in theaters, but looking forward to seeing more of Gordon-Levitt in the future.

Holy CRAP, Scott.  It's so funny you mention this.  I just went to see "The Lookout" today, mostly on a whim.  (I quite enjoyed it, by the way).  And I was struck in some shots by just how much J G-L (whoa - interesting initials, there, come to think of it) resembled our Heath.  I wondered if it was just me, but then, as the credits were rolling, a lady next to me said to her companions, "Was that the guy in 'Brokeback Mountain'?"  Of course I had to chime in and say, "No, that was Heath Ledger.  This actor's name is Joseph Gordon-Levitt."  She goes, "Oh, thank you.  Well, this one is wonderful, too."

;D

(To be so naive as to have seen Brokeback, apparently appreciated it, and not know Heath Ledger from Joseph Gordon-Levitt...  What's that like?)
No more beans!

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1722 on: March 31, 2007, 10:51:55 pm »
The Lookout got some very good reviews.  It is actually the first movie that I am interested in seeing since seeing BBM. Interesting that you are writing about it here.  Maybe that's why the Lookout picture really caught my eye when I saw it in the paper yesterday, although I didn't realize it, cause he resembles Heath.

Now I definitely want to see the Lookout, but I probably will still end up waiting for the dvd or when its on cable.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1723 on: April 01, 2007, 12:26:50 am »
Who can name the very shortest "6 Degrees of Separation" between Heath and Joseph Gordon-Levitt?   

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1724 on: April 01, 2007, 12:46:47 am »
Who can name the very shortest "6 Degrees of Separation" between Heath and Joseph Gordon-Levitt?   

*Raises hand*

They were both in "10 Things I Hate About You"!  ;D

(OK, I looked it up on IMDb)  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1725 on: April 01, 2007, 12:50:19 am »
*Raises hand*

They were both in "10 Things I Hate About You"!  ;D

(OK, I looked it up on IMDb)  ;)

Give that High Priestess a Heath bar!  :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1726 on: April 01, 2007, 01:04:34 am »

Give that High Priestess a Heath bar!  :)

*Snogs it*

*Snarfs it*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1727 on: April 01, 2007, 09:25:56 am »
The Lookout got some very good reviews.  It is actually the first movie that I am interested in seeing since seeing BBM. Interesting that you are writing about it here.  Maybe that's why the Lookout picture really caught my eye when I saw it in the paper yesterday, although I didn't realize it, cause he resembles Heath.

Now I definitely want to see the Lookout, but I probably will still end up waiting for the dvd or when its on cable.

I thought it was very well-written.  And the acting, all around, was sublime.  I found Chris Pratt (Gordon-Levitt's character) very believable.  I've known three different people who have been in serious car accidents that caused them to be in a coma for one to several weeks.  One of them I knew before the accident.  It totally changed him.  And my husband knew the other two before theirs and says it totally changed them, too.  They became very serious.  Their sense of humor is essentially gone, because they take everything literally and don't get subtle nuances in the language and comic timing anymore.  This was really pronounced in the guy I knew before.  He was a life-of-the-party Vince Vaughn type of guy before.  He had this infectious laugh.  I don't remember ever hearing him laugh again after the accident.  I imagine part of that is knowing someone else died in the accident and the trauma of that memory.

Anyway, they really portrayed it well - eerily so.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:29:01 am by neverenough »
No more beans!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1728 on: April 01, 2007, 01:08:03 pm »
I have always thought that Joseph G-L looks very much like Heath!  They would be very convincing as brothers in a movie together!

Check out these pictures:  8)

JGL from "Treasure Planet"

Heath from "2 Hands"

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #1729 on: April 01, 2007, 05:15:22 pm »
I noticed JGL's resemblance to Heath when I saw "Mysterious Skin."  Although the resemblance is striking in still photos, it is even more so in motion.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.