Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772160 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5290 on: May 20, 2008, 11:15:17 am »
[  ] Anyway, Heath is so handsome and lovely.  As always.

Spiceylife, thank you so much for all the lovely pictures you posted. The above especially caught my imagination - for some reason he looks as if he's stepped right out of the kind of fanfiction I might enjoy there, and I feel like spinning a tale in my head...

Leslie, thank you for the info on Mel being American. I had no idea, but I've always avoided reading much about him and whenever he's mentioned over here it's always as being Australian. So I learned something new!
Also thanks for the info on the language spoken in the "South" back in the day.  :)

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlinĀ“
« Reply #5291 on: May 20, 2008, 11:24:28 am »
Can you imagine Heath looking into your eyes like this??

Yes,I can,and I imagine also the effect that it could be on me...I think Heath had a very expressive strength's eyes,but at the same time,sweet and tender.I suppose than the same way he was as a person. :'(

I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are lifeĀ“s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline optom3

« Reply #5292 on: May 20, 2008, 11:54:05 am »
Actually, Mel Gibson is American. He was born in Peekskill, NY. His mother was Australian and they moved to New South Wales when he was around 11 or 12 (I think. I can't find an accurate source right this second). His acting career began in Australia and he picked up an Australian accent for the Mad Max movies and Tim, but seemed to lose it pretty quickly when he re-settled in the US and moved his career to Hollywood.

I suspect that at the the time of the American Revolution, all the colonists/revolutionaries/patriots (whatever you want to call them) all spoke English with a decidedly British accent. I doubt that southerners sounded southern and "y'all" probably hadn't been invented.

L

Well I never !!!!!
my age and still learning. I always assumed Mel was Australian.The things you learn here, next you'll be telling me the Pope's Catholic.

Offline optom3

« Reply #5293 on: May 20, 2008, 11:58:17 am »
I know just what you mean...!

But it's still his eyes that get me every time.

And ditto !!! deep sigh.

Offline optom3

« Reply #5294 on: May 20, 2008, 12:04:44 pm »
I think he was one of a kind, with his talent still largely untapped.

Only two words ,irreplaceable, missed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5295 on: May 20, 2008, 12:36:46 pm »
Guess what other Australian actors weren't born in Australia?

Nicole Kidman, born in Hawaii, moved to Washington D.C., then to Australia when she was about three. Naomi Watts, born in England, raised in Australia. Russell Crowe, born in New Zealand, lived in Australia since he was a small child. Guy Pearce, born in England (nine years and 364 days after me, BTW), moved to Australia when he was three. Isla Fisher was born in Oman.

Seems like Heath is one of the few big Australian stars who was actually born in Australia.

Well, him and Cate Blanchett, Hugh Jackman, Toni Collette, Geoffrey Rush, Abbie Cornish and I'm sure a few others.

mvansand76

« Reply #5296 on: May 20, 2008, 02:03:39 pm »

The Brothers Grimm is on Dutch TV tonight... Might go and see it... Not sure yet....

Offline optom3

« Reply #5297 on: May 20, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »
Guess what other Australian actors weren't born in Australia?

Nicole Kidman, born in Hawaii, moved to Washington D.C., then to Australia when she was about three. Naomi Watts, born in England, raised in Australia. Russell Crowe, born in New Zealand, lived in Australia since he was a small child. Guy Pearce, born in England (nine years and 364 days after me, BTW), moved to Australia when he was three. Isla Fisher was born in Oman.

Seems like Heath is one of the few big Australian stars who was actually born in Australia.

Well, him and Cate Blanchett, Hugh Jackman, Toni Collette, Geoffrey Rush, Abbie Cornish and I'm sure a few others.

Kidman and Crowe, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I wouldn't like to play trivial pursuits with you!!!!
Not that there is anything trivial about all those facts. I wish I was back in England, and could go down to the pub tonight, to dazzle and amaze with all my new found knowldege.
Actually I would love to go to a proper English country pub again.I hope our Visa renews soon so We can leave the States for a U.K visit and get back in again.We are landlocked at the moment, which is fine.But of course sods law says, you never want something until you can't have it.I don,t particularly miss England, but it annoys me that I cannot even go for a visit at the moment,of course if I could, I probably wouldn't want to.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5298 on: May 20, 2008, 02:20:05 pm »
The Brothers Grimm is on Dutch TV tonight... Might go and see it... Not sure yet....

You haven't seen it before? Well, if you're on the fence, here's my 2 cents:

I saw it in the theater, long before I became a Heathen, and I was so bored I came about as close to walking out of a movie as I ever do (I've only walked out of two movies in my life, both also out of boredom). And my younger son kept threatening to leave that screen in the multiplex and go see something else in a different one -- this was back when he wasn't nearly old enough to sit in a theater alone.

But keep in mind that I was so pre-Heathen back then that, of the two Bros. Grimm, I preferred Matt Damon! (Sorry *dons hardhat* I know that's a Heathen form of sacrilege.)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5299 on: May 20, 2008, 02:22:24 pm »
Kidman and Crowe, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I wouldn't like to play trivial pursuits with you!!!!

Oh, you'd probably be safe with me in Trivial Pursuit -- unless I was near a computer.  :laugh:

I vaguely remembered that Crowe wasn't born in Australia, but I wasn't expecting New Zealand. Still, I thought I remembered someone else besides Mel Gibson being born in the U.S. So I just did a quick google/imdb search.