Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772590 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5300 on: May 20, 2008, 02:55:54 pm »
I second Katherine's opinion of Brothers Grimm. It gave me a headache with all the visual OTT  theatrics and actors chewing the scenery in every direction. And it was boring, and too long. Though the premise of fairy tales being reality is neat...  BUT Heath still is adorably ditzy in it. And he comes close to kissing Matt Damon, which I wouldn't have minded seeing more of. And there are some cool special effects. So it's not the worst film of Heath's I've seen. (That dubious honour easily goes to 4 feathers, which is in a veritable league of its own IMO.)

Thanks for the info about non-Aussie born Aussie actors! Nicole Kidman born on Hawaii, moved overseas... well I've never! Next thing you know, she'll campaign to become President of the United States!    ;)

Offline optom3

« Reply #5301 on: May 20, 2008, 03:01:48 pm »
I second Katherine's opinion of Brothers Grimm. It gave me a headache with all the visual OTT  theatrics and actors chewing the scenery in every direction. And it was boring, and too long. Though the premise of fairy tales being reality is neat...  BUT Heath still is adorably ditzy in it. And he comes close to kissing Matt Damon, which I wouldn't have minded seeing more of. And there are some cool special effects. So it's not the worst film of Heath's I've seen. (That dubious honour easily goes to 4 feathers, which is in a veritable league of its own IMO.)

Thanks for the info about non-Aussie born Aussie actors! Nicole Kidman born on Hawaii, moved overseas... well I've never! Next thing you know, she'll campaign to become President of the United States!    ;)

I preferred the four feathers to Brothers Grimm, but I am not a big fan of Matt Damon so maybe that's why.Four feathers just seemed like a sort of poor relation of Lawrence of Arabia,now there was a man with amazing eyes as well.
I  just could not hold interest in the Brothers,well apart from Heath of course, and I suspect if he had made a film of watching paint dry I would have watched it.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5302 on: May 20, 2008, 03:09:25 pm »
True confessions time:  I fell asleep during Brothers Grimm. :P

Offline oilgun

« Reply #5303 on: May 20, 2008, 03:12:45 pm »
I preferred the four feathers to Brothers Grimm, but I am not a big fan of Matt Damon so maybe that's why.Four feathers just seemed like a sort of poor relation of Lawrence of Arabia,now there was a man with amazing eyes as well.
I  just could not hold interest in the Brothers,well apart from Heath of course, and I suspect if he had made a film of watching paint dry I would have watched it.

He did, it's called The Order  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #5304 on: May 20, 2008, 03:18:31 pm »
True confessions time:  I fell asleep during Brothers Grimm. :P

;D

It really is a very well-intended but completely chaotic bad movie....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5305 on: May 20, 2008, 03:30:14 pm »
I liked the Four Feathers but I think alot of it was the way Heath looked in the uniform at the beginning!

I read that it got really chopped up in the editing room in the post 9/11 furor. The original version was about an hour longer and I have a feeling the story would have been coherent if we had seen what the director originally wanted us to see.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5306 on: May 20, 2008, 03:36:14 pm »
He did, it's called The Order  ;)

LOL!  :laugh:

Who cares about the paint drying slo-o-owly and portentuously and mysterio-u-s-l-y-zz-zzzzzz as long as Heath looked the way he did in the Order/the Sin Eather? I could have watched the Sin Eater II, III and IV, easily!

(Actually, I could. It could have been a kind of supernatural Dexter in reverse, if written right. Could have been cool.)

Offline optom3

« Reply #5307 on: May 20, 2008, 05:26:37 pm »
I didn't mind The Four Feathers, but also think that had a lot to do with the handsome Heath in the first part.

I'll agree with that.He did look particularly yummy!!!

Offline optom3

« Reply #5308 on: May 20, 2008, 07:31:47 pm »
Yep, Heath in all his gentlemanly glory.

Your'e just spoiling us now.I am glad I am not the only one who didn't mind that movie.I just think it's the whole uniform thing.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5309 on: May 20, 2008, 07:33:25 pm »
....or angsty glory:

Perhaps I should take the opportunity to ask if someone would like to explain to me what was really going on with Heath's role character (Harry?) when he left the army prior to their being shipped off to fight in... uhm... can't recall, was it Sudan? Anyway, he was sitting there, signalling and emoting angst and a troubled mind like never before or since, and then he asked to leave the army... Was that supposed to mean he actually was "cowardly"? Afraid of going to war? Because I thought he was extremely brave to stand up to his father, risk the disdain of the officers and his fiancee and suffer the ostracism of all his mates... So I figured he had a serious conscientious reason for leaving his post. Like for instance, why on earth go to Sudan and inflict unjust foreign rule on the people there... But I never quite understood what the film was really trying to say about Harry's motivation. (Or anything else).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:22:59 pm by Mikaela »