Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772581 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5320 on: May 21, 2008, 03:03:16 am »
Chrissi, nice one.  Obrigado.  (I think that's Portuguese for thank you, since it's from Brazil.)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5321 on: May 21, 2008, 03:05:29 am »
Can you imagine Heath looking into your eyes like this??

Just because where else do I have to dredge this up again - he did look in my eyes.  Though not in that way.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5322 on: May 21, 2008, 08:06:53 am »

Just because where else do I have to dredge this up again - he did look in my eyes.  Though not in that way.

Drege away, Elle!

Go ahead, and tell us more.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5323 on: May 21, 2008, 08:41:26 am »
The only thing I connected with the name Heath Ledger was that "blonde bimbo" image he disliked so much (me too, hell was I surprised by his Ennis).

Me too. I was pleased when I heard they were making a movie of "Brokeback Mountain," which I'd read. Then I heard Heath was going to be in it and thought, "Oh, that's too bad. I wish they'd make a good one."

But when I saw the movie ...  :o :o :o

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5324 on: May 21, 2008, 08:50:09 am »
...The only thing I connected with the name Heath Ledger was that "blonde bimbo" image he disliked so much

Same here!  When I first heard about BBM, I didn't even know who Jake was; and my only association with Heath was the poster (sure, it's cute, smoldering even, but a little dumb, yes "bimboesque"), for AKT which I hadn't seen.  I also thought, "Oh, no."  Boy, was I wrong!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5325 on: May 21, 2008, 09:09:13 am »

"Heath Ledger Hidden Property Fortune"

From Sydney's Daily Telegraph
Wednesday 21 May 2008

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23734172-5001021,00.html
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5326 on: May 21, 2008, 10:03:50 am »
Boy, was I wrong!

We went to the movie thinking Heath Ledger was still big hats and Marlboros blond hair and lightweight roles. Boy, were we behind the times!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5327 on: May 21, 2008, 10:09:51 am »
We went to the movie thinking Heath Ledger was still big hats and Marlboros blond hair and lightweight roles. Boy, were we behind the times!

Good one, Katherine.  He really was  big hats and Marlboros!

I recall a friend of mine, who had seen BBM in a sneak preview in November 2005, say to me that he couldn't believe Heath wasn't American, because of his cowboy accent.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5328 on: May 21, 2008, 02:07:31 pm »
Same here!  When I first heard about BBM, I didn't even know who Jake was; and my only association with Heath was the poster (sure, it's cute, smoldering even, but a little dumb, yes "bimboesque"), for AKT which I hadn't seen.  I also thought, "Oh, no."  Boy, was I wrong!

Hate to admit how shallow I am/was, but I loved AKT!!!! He just pushed all the right buttons for me. When I heard he was going to be in BBM, I immediately thought,cowboy hats and jeans, lead on McDuff.!!!
I thought it would just be another visual feast for me.It was also odd having read the s.s first. I could not reconcile the Heath of AKT with Ennis in BBM. I simply remember thinking it would be nice to see his arse in a pair of Levis.
How much more wrong can any one person be. I will never forget my first showing.Not only was I completely wrung out,and still am.I  kept thinking,where the hell did that come from.It was surreal, like finding out your favourite bit of eye candy is a part time brain surgeon.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5329 on: May 21, 2008, 02:31:52 pm »
I first swooned over Heath in The Patriot, but that was quickly followed by A Knight's Tale.  From then on, anything his name was attached to, reason enough to see it.  Fantastic that he turned out to be such a phenomenal actor in addition to being so yummy.  He was the total package ... gorgeous, smart, talented, artistic, personable, etc., etc.  A few days before the unmentionable event in January, I watched Casanova for the first time simply to gaze upon his adorableness.  Missing that boy something fierce today, for some reason.  Driving along saying "oh Heath" to myself.  At least people here understand that it ain't over.

He was pretty cute in Casanova wasn't he.? I actually think that film is under rated.
He really has a gift for subtle comedy too.It wasn't just a costume romp,so much of it is underplayed beautifully by Heath.
The only two I have yet to see now are Candy and I am not sure I am ready for Heath as a drug addict.Oh!!! that is going to hurt.
The other one is The Patriot,but have been advised it has a sad ending so probably not ready for that either.