Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772182 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5390 on: May 27, 2008, 01:29:43 am »
That is a cool pic, Chrissi.  Safe journey!  Looking forward to your pics of your trip.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5391 on: May 27, 2008, 01:40:05 am »
Thanks Chrissi. :)

Have a wonderful time, enjoy that outdoor shower!  ;D  ;)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline optom3

« Reply #5392 on: May 27, 2008, 09:30:58 am »
One more pic !!! and such a cool one too.!!!! I logged on and saw there had been a posting, what a treat. I hope you have the trip to end all trips!!!!!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5393 on: May 27, 2008, 09:35:55 am »
Quote from Christian Bale about Heath in the new Details mag:

He was incredibly intense in his performance but incredibly mellow and laid-back. Certainly there was this great anarchistic streak to it — just getting dirtier than anybody’s envisioned the Joker before. Naturally, (the movie) was something I wanted to share with him — and expected to do so. And I can’t do anything else but hope that it will be an absolutely appropriate celebration of his work.

Offline optom3

« Reply #5394 on: May 27, 2008, 10:02:30 am »
Quote from Christian Bale about Heath in the new Details mag:

I'm not liking all this past tense thing.I simply cannot get my head round it at all.In the stages of grief list,I seem to be stuck forever at the disbelief stage.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5395 on: May 27, 2008, 10:08:35 am »
I'm not liking all this past tense thing.I simply cannot get my head round it at all.In the stages of grief list,I seem to be stuck forever at the disbelief stage.

:(

Offline optom3

« Reply #5396 on: May 27, 2008, 01:31:10 pm »
Same here.  I try to divorce myself from it emotionally and speak about it somewhat blase, but when I let myself feel it, no change from last month or the month before.  I think grieving may always be like that.  Time and emotional distance help, but it never really heals.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there.Time allows you to put more distance between yourself and the event.If you allow yourself to really  "feel" the emotion though, I'm guessing there is no change there between 6 weeks/months/years.
You just permit yourself, less indulgence of those feelings as time passes.These days I have to physically force myself to stop thinking of it.I suppose one day maybe that becomes  an automatic as opposed to conscious response.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #5397 on: May 27, 2008, 03:08:01 pm »
I finally saw THE DARK KNIGHT trailer over the weekend - they showed it prior to INDIANA JONES.  It was completely surreal because I kept looking for Heath in the Joker, but I could not see him.  It is likely premature to judge the entire film by the trailer, but maybe this is a case of Heath completely becoming his character to the exclusion of himself.  I am happy in that if it is true, it shows his mastery of his craft, yet I am still saddened I didn't find him there.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5398 on: May 27, 2008, 04:09:58 pm »
I finally saw THE DARK KNIGHT trailer over the weekend - they showed it prior to INDIANA JONES.  It was completely surreal because I kept looking for Heath in the Joker, but I could not see him.  It is likely premature to judge the entire film by the trailer, but maybe this is a case of Heath completely becoming his character to the exclusion of himself.  I am happy in that if it is true, it shows his mastery of his craft, yet I am still saddened I didn't find him there.

Lynne, that's how I felt at first too.  Back many pages on this thread, I wrote I didn't believe it was even his voice, and our fellows had to show me it was.  But after watching both Dark Knight trailers over these last months, a couple dozen times each, I see not just Heath, but other characters he's played too.  It's like they are all in there, but dominated by this new, commanding presence of the most recent role he threw himself into.

Offline JTwist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5399 on: May 27, 2008, 05:43:08 pm »
I think he is absolutely going to own the Batman movie and I cant wait for it!! Although I agree it doesnt look or sound anything like him, this is of course further evidence of his outstanding talent (not that any further evidence is needed after BBM....)
The hammer may strike, be dead on the ground
A nail to my hand,
A cross on his crown
We're done if we're undone
Finished if we are incomplete
As one we are everything
We are everything we need