Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772294 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5410 on: May 28, 2008, 01:07:27 pm »
Sometimes when I see early pics of Heath, I think, "Huh, I bet someone else picked out that outfit," or, "I bet someone posed him," or, "I bet he wouldn't have worn that/posed that way now..."

What I tend to think about is how much happier and more carefree he looks in those early photos. He's almost always smiling, whereas in later ones he's usually not.

But I don't know if that says as much about his actual mood as it does about his declining willingness to pose that way.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5411 on: May 28, 2008, 02:33:54 pm »
What I tend to think about is how much happier and more carefree he looks in those early photos. He's almost always smiling, whereas in later ones he's usually not.

But I don't know if that says as much about his actual mood as it does about his declining willingness to pose that way.

I think the latter,considering his all too short career there are a whole lot of photos of him(thank goodness) I would guess latterly he just got fed up with the whole thing.It would me my idea of hell.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5412 on: May 28, 2008, 03:41:04 pm »

Well look what the wind blew in...seriouseffincrayons!  :-*

And Chrissi, welcome from the opposite side of the continent!  :-*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5413 on: May 29, 2008, 01:12:25 am »

Heath Ledger's Scholarship Fund will aid Aussie actors
Australians in Film, the L.A.-based organization for ex-pat Australians in the entertainment industry, has established the Heath Ledger Scholarship Fund, to be given annually to a young Australian-based actor to help them pursue a career in Hollywood.

The scholarship fund in Ledger's name (he was an AIF ambassador before his death in January) has the full support of Ledger's family. Gregor Jordan, a longtime friend of Heath's who directed the young actor in "Ned Kelly" and "Two Hands," will read statements of support from Heath's family at AIF's 4th annual Breakthrough Awards on June 5.

The Breakthrough Awards will be held at the Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills. Mira Wasikowska (HBO's "In Treatment") and Abbie Cornish ("Stop Loss"), who starred with Ledger in "Candy" (2006), will receive the awards, Golden Boomerangs, that night.

Ironically, long before AIF was founded, Susie Dobson, AIF president, met Heath Ledger at the Avalon during an Instyle party in 2000.

"Someone told me that there was a young and very, very shy Australian actor sitting on a couch by himself, and they suggested I go over and talk to him and try to make him feel at home," Dobson recalls. "It was Heath Ledger, and he was here to promote his first big U.S. film, 'The Patriot,' with Mel Gibson. He was wearing jeans and a T-shirt and was incredibly sweet, shy and soft-spoken."

Heath was already broken completely through and had become a major movie star by the time the Breakthrough Awards began. But he would definitely have approved of the scholarship and the awards which will be given out on June 5.

“We're so pleased to recognize the efforts and talents of Australia’s newest faces who are already proving they are on their way to join the ranks of the high-profile Australian talent working in Hollywood,” comments Dobson. “We are also thrilled that, through Heath's scholarship, we will be able to assist burgeoning Australian talent launch their careers in the U.S. to become potential future recipients of a Breakthrough Award.”
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/05/heath-ledgers-s.html

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5414 on: May 29, 2008, 08:44:36 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Another lovely morning in Maine....
I feel like Stephen King, lol :laugh:

I just love all pics from that Venice photocall. And I love Heath laughing, so here you are:

Offline optom3

« Reply #5415 on: May 29, 2008, 10:25:57 am »
It's hard not to break into a great big grin,seeing that lovely smile. What a nice way to start the day.

Offline optom3

« Reply #5416 on: May 29, 2008, 02:01:49 pm »
Back in the early days after Heath left us, a few of us on IMDb were brainstorming something positive we could do, and one of my ideas was an acting scholarship fund for Australian actors.  I am so glad to see it happening even if I had nothing to do with it.  I think Heath would have been pleased.

It's a really positive thing,and not just a fitting tribute to Heath,but a way to ensure he is never forgotten.(not that he would be by me anyway)
I hope each new generation of Australian actors,for years to come,stand back in awe, and are inspired by the genius that was Heath Ledger.O.M.G I have managed to type was.That's a first.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5417 on: May 30, 2008, 01:50:31 am »
Goodmorning.  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5418 on: May 30, 2008, 02:44:16 am »