Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772687 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5530 on: June 12, 2008, 05:43:52 pm »
The role I really remember him in, though, is one where he only used his voice: Scar in Lion King.... now that's a role! Don't know how many times back in the day I played "Be prepared" really loud and sang alound to it with much emoting: "Stick with me and you'll never go hungry again!"

I was going to say the same thing. I wasn't a huge Jeremy Irons fan before Lion King (I thought he was a good actor and all, but he just didn't grab me). But he was great in that. And it's one of my all-time favorite animated movies.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5531 on: June 12, 2008, 05:59:28 pm »
Has anyone seen photos from the Imaginarium ? There are some on ledgers ladies and to my horror,it appears that the character Heath plays is hanging, he has a noose round his neck,then seems to hang.
I simpy had to get right out of there.
I would like to know if anyone knows more about this film.If what I saw is accurate, then there is no way I will go to see it,even if it does eventually get finished.

There's a thread with various info on Imaginarium, here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16605.0.html

That one was started after Heath's passing. I felt sure we had a thread ongoing about it before that, but I can't find it now, so I think maybe the Imaginarium stuff was posted here in Heath Heath Heath back then. And yes, we've certainly had images (or links to images) here of the filming of a scene where Heath's character appear to be hanged - complete with various mystical signs painted on his face, as I recall.

That would have occurred early January, presumably...  :-\

Well, the film is a fable involving magic and alternate worlds and alternate personas and what not, - and in view of the director it is not surprising that some jarring, scary scenes are in the mix. Hopefully despite that the film will ultimately be an uplifting, inspiring and imaginative tale worthy of being Heath's last role.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5532 on: June 12, 2008, 07:47:14 pm »
There's a thread with various info on Imaginarium, here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16605.0.html

That one was started after Heath's passing. I felt sure we had a thread ongoing about it before that, but I can't find it now, so I think maybe the Imaginarium stuff was posted here in Heath Heath Heath back then. And yes, we've certainly had images (or links to images) here of the filming of a scene where Heath's character appear to be hanged - complete with various mystical signs painted on his face, as I recall.

That would have occurred early January, presumably...  :-\

Well, the film is a fable involving magic and alternate worlds and alternate personas and what not, - and in view of the director it is not surprising that some jarring, scary scenes are in the mix. Hopefully despite that the film will ultimately be an uplifting, inspiring and imaginative tale worthy of being Heath's last role.

I sure hope you are right about the Imaginarium being uplifting. This past couple of weeks I have watched ,Monsters ball, The Patriot and Candy. All of which do not have a particularly happy ending for our hero.TDK does no seem to show any signs of being even vaguely uplifting, so I sure could do with seeing him in something less depressing.
It will be a long time before I watch Candy again,that tore my heart to pieces,you can even see bits of Ennis in his character.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5533 on: June 13, 2008, 01:18:50 am »
Has anyone seen photos from the Imaginarium ? There are some on ledgers ladies and to my horror,it appears that the character Heath plays is hanging, he has a noose round his neck,then seems to hang.
I simpy had to get right out of there.
I would like to know if anyone knows more about this film.If what I saw is accurate, then there is no way I will go to see it,even if it does eventually get finished.
I struggled enough with Candy,which reduced me to a blubbering wreck. It seems there are very few Heath films where we get a happy ending.I can only think of AKT, Casanova and 10 things.

I don't know how much uplifting it will be. And no matter what, it will be hard to watch. I remember those photos from back in early January. I found them horrible even then, before, you know?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5534 on: June 13, 2008, 01:22:32 am »

I don't know how much uplifting it will be. And no matter what, it will be hard to watch. I remember those photos from back in early January. I found them horrible even then, before, you know?

Me too.  I have never seen a Terry Gilliam movie I thought was uplifting.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5535 on: June 13, 2008, 01:23:30 am »
Uplifting:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5536 on: June 13, 2008, 01:24:52 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

I try to avoid posting paparazzi pics, the fact that there are so many of them out there I stumble over makes me cringe. But I can't help it, I LOVE this one.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5537 on: June 13, 2008, 01:28:29 am »
Uplifting:

Aww, thanks, C :-*. I never can get enough of those Venice pix :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5538 on: June 13, 2008, 01:31:25 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

I try to avoid posting paparazzi pics, the fact that there are so many of them out there I stumble over makes me cringe. But I can't help it, I LOVE this one.

I never noticed the broom and the leash in the photo before.

Chrissi, even though you were thousands of miles closer to me while you were in Wyoming, it's great to have you back home where you can be more present here.  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5539 on: June 13, 2008, 01:39:53 am »

I never noticed the broom and the leash in the photo before.

Chrissi, even though you were thousands of miles closer to me while you were in Wyoming, it's great to have you back home where you can be more present here.  :)

It almost seems I am much closer right now, since you seem to be able to read my mind. I was just ruminating about the person with the broom. What might she (I guess it's a woman) have thought when seeing this pic, if she ever saw it? "Oh damn, there was Heath Ledger walking by a meter apart from me and I was on my knees effing brushing the sidewalk!! ::)