Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772756 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5640 on: June 29, 2008, 01:07:14 pm »
Roar interview 1997

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7EQnUz60c[/youtube]

Even back then, in probably one of his earliest interviews, he was plainly fidgety and ill at ease.A situation that never really changed over the years.It is also interesting that even at such a young age, he really analysed his role and tried to get under the skin of the character.He could only have been 17/18. He sure looked cute though.
Thankyou so much for posting that.It is a real taste of everything to come and very revealing. Again, thankyou.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5641 on: June 29, 2008, 02:15:43 pm »
Wow !

Love you Heath then, now and forever !!!

You made us think and realized the value of life's freedom which we cherished now in part because of you !!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5642 on: June 29, 2008, 07:26:38 pm »
We've got 3 different threads now that include TDK stuff. I'm getting confused.

But I feel this is mostly Heath-related, so I'm posting it here:

All but one of the written or broadcast TDK reviews I've seen have specifically mentioned an Oscar nomination for the Joker. All bar none rave about Heath's performance.
Although I have next to no respect for the Oscars anymore, not since 2006 - there's  nevertheless stuff I ponder here...

Once Oscar nominations roll around in January, will the fervour already have been forgotten? Won't the role be taken a bit for granted by then? Aren't most (or all) nominated achievements from films that premiere in November/December?

Wonder if some of the sods in the Academy have a tiny bit of bad conscience for not awarding the Oscar(s) in 2006 where they rightly belonged, and will see this as their last opportunity to somehow rectify matters... In other words, I wonder how much, if any, the posthumous award possibility will play a specific part in the nomination and awards process. That is; as opposed to them using the award votes as otherwise done - to curry favours and in quid pro quo games of the business. Awarding the Oscar to someone who will never be able to repay the favour probably will seem a waste to quite a few of the Academy members.  ::) :-\ :(

and;

How long before the review backlash sets in? It's absolutely sure to come, sooner of later someone is going to want to garner attention by going against the "accepted" opinion about Heath's acting as the Joker - and will diss it, or dismiss it....

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5643 on: June 29, 2008, 08:13:01 pm »
.......and here we go again!

Kevin Smith has seen TDK and reviews it at hismyspace page. Since that contains lots of unrelated stuff I'm linking to the ONTD quote of his comments instead.

Yes, here's another one who thinks that Oscar nomination should be Heath's.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/25120851.html

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5644 on: June 29, 2008, 08:46:45 pm »
We've got 3 different threads now that include TDK stuff. I'm getting confused.

But I feel this is mostly Heath-related, so I'm posting it here:

I've been wondering about how we ought to organize this too, Mikaela.  If something is predominantly about Heath, I post it in the Heath Heath Heath thread.  If it's broader about the film, I see some people using the thread in The Culture Tent, which totally makes sense, and some people using the thread in the Heath Remembrance forum, which also makes some sense. 

At BetterMost we try to be flexible about where people choose to post stuff, while at the same time encouraging the location of the post to make some kind of intuitive sense.  I'm very open to hearing people's ideas of how to handle where/how to post TDK stuff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5645 on: June 29, 2008, 09:04:20 pm »
Personally, for me, I will post everything here. I started this thread, this is my natural home. If folks want to copy and post other places on the forum, that's fine with me, but for me, it will be HHH all the time...
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5646 on: June 30, 2008, 05:36:54 am »
Well, for now I'm making a sort of compromise - what mostly is general review and info on the film goes into the Culture Tent. What focuses more on Heath's performance goes here.

Therefore, I find it fitting here to quote the section about Heath from the IGN Movies review I just posted a link to over in the Culture Tent:

(minor spoiler included in this)

"Finally, there's Ledger, whose performance I suspect will be the subject of many analyses of all sorts in the weeks and months to come. What he does with The Joker is, quite frankly, nothing short of transcendent. Early in the film he explains the origins of his trademark facial scars, and you worry for a moment that the filmmakers are giving this psychopath some kind of convenient explanation, which, talented though he was, Ledger won't be able to overcome. But by the third time he's explained where they come from – each time telling a different tale – you realize that Ledger was a master of his craft, only in his final years finding roles that truly offered him the chance to explore that mastery. His is the definitive movie Joker, and he owns the role and achieves a level of abject insanity that is terrifying as it is irresistible."

Link to full review, jere:   http://movies.ign.com/articles/884/884876p1.html

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5647 on: June 30, 2008, 08:44:42 am »

I've been wondering about how we ought to organize this too, Mikaela.  If something is predominantly about Heath, I post it in the Heath Heath Heath thread.  If it's broader about the film, I see some people using the thread in The Culture Tent, which totally makes sense, and some people using the thread in the Heath Remembrance forum, which also makes some sense. 

At BetterMost we try to be flexible about where people choose to post stuff, while at the same time encouraging the location of the post to make some kind of intuitive sense.  I'm very open to hearing people's ideas of how to handle where/how to post TDK stuff.

My 2 cents: don't worry about it too much, as long as the post makes some sort of sense wherever it ends up.  (i.e. a TDK movie review post doesn't make sense in the open forum... ;))

I imagine some casual browsers only visit the HHH thread or The Culture Tent depending on where their primary interest lies...  people can cross post/reference the other threads as they see fit.

I read both and am not bothered by seeing the same things twice... to me that is preferable than feeling like I have to visit three different thread to get specific info (e.g. Culture Tent for specific movie stuff, HHH for specific Heath comments, and Remembrance Forum for more emotional/impact posts)...

just my opinion of course, 8)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5648 on: June 30, 2008, 08:49:10 am »
Howdy, Heathens!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club