Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772498 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5690 on: July 03, 2008, 11:47:39 am »
Here's the image Mikaela's talking about:

Thanks for posting this interesting picture, Fran.
So much stuff to catch up with next week....

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5691 on: July 03, 2008, 11:50:02 am »
Good evening Heathens :)

Some old stuff thrown in between the new one; a picture from Two Hands.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5692 on: July 03, 2008, 12:03:23 pm »
Here's something quite non-controversial.  :)  It's a bit from last year's Pierre Tremblay interview that betterMostian tamarack did.  It's referring to the fireworks scene:

"Well, it was not windy at all, so initially we thought we were going to be lucky, but then it started to rain. And it rained, and it was wet—so wet. The babies were crying. Poor Heath. We had twin babies, and we kept trying to switch them out, but they were not happy, they did not like the wet and the cold. And they were screaming through the whole scene. I am sure Heath is an excellent father, because any time we had kids around, Heath was great with them. He felt so bad for those babies, he just wanted for them not to have to be there."

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,21675.new.html#new

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5693 on: July 03, 2008, 05:02:27 pm »
You know what else that interview brought back to me?

What an incredibly physically demanding role Ennis was for Heath.

All the riding, of course. Carrying calves around in the "vet scene". Tobogganing at full speed with Michelle, falling out, landing on her and twisting her foot. The hippie rescue with its "real cowboy'ing".  The fourth of July fight, yes - but even more so the Thanksgiving fight -which was very rough and where Heath accidentally broke his opponent's nose!

And the whole reunion scene has a distinctly physical look to it, too...  :P

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5694 on: July 03, 2008, 05:30:50 pm »
ohohohoh!!   8) 8)

This clip has a long Joker scene - the one where he crashes the party. Never mind the Swedish gabbing in the beginning - she shuts up soon enough and afterwards it's the Joker, eating Shrimp, and menacing the snobbish masses.

I just totally love it. I'm so sold on the Joker, and I was so sceptical early on. :blush:

A must-see, but obviously spoilerish as it contains a full film scene!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5695 on: July 03, 2008, 11:18:49 pm »
ohohohoh!!   8) 8)

This clip has a long Joker scene - the one where he crashes the party. Never mind the Swedish gabbing in the beginning - she shuts up soon enough and afterwards it's the Joker, eating Shrimp, and menacing the snobbish masses.

I just totally love it. I'm so sold on the Joker, and I was so sceptical early on. :blush:

A must-see, but obviously spoilerish as it contains a full film scene!

Apparently, that's Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont who is the one who speaks to the Joker at the end.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5696 on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:37 pm »
More from the Pierre Tremblay interview, about the Thanksgiving street fight scene:

"Heath Ledger actually broke the nose of Ken Zilka, the stunt man, in one of the takes. Heath’s elbow hit Ken by accident, purely by accident. Zilka is a phenomenal stuntman, an absolute professional; it was part of the choreographed raw fight. It had such frenetic energy that when they were tussling, his elbow swung around and hit Ken in the nose. Although he broke it, nobody knew it. Ken didn’t tell anyone. In fact, we did four or five takes after that. The only reason I know is that Ken told me several weeks later that he had had his nose broken."

http://www.findingbrokeback.com/Interviews/Tremblay2/Tremblay3.html

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5697 on: July 04, 2008, 03:20:36 pm »
Heath's dad, stepmom, sister and niece have left Australia for the US in order to attend TDK premiere....  :-\

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/25310345.html#cutid1

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5698 on: July 04, 2008, 03:24:58 pm »
And oh yeah, I swore to myself I was cutting back on posting, but I have to share the elation in the hope that *someone* else gets a little bit excited too.

This is a TV commercial that has quite a bit of that jail scene between Batman and the Joker, and I'm just.... thrilled. Awed. And all that. And I never thought I'd get into the whole Joker thing.....

**spoiler here, obviously**

default.jpg

And to complete today's Joker quota for myself, - this:

Wow!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #5699 on: July 04, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »
And oh yeah, I swore to myself I was cutting back on posting, but I have to share the elation in the hope that *someone* else gets a little bit excited too.

This is a TV commercial that has quite a bit of that jail scene between Batman and the Joker, and I'm just.... thrilled. Awed. And all that. And I never thought I'd get into the whole Joker thing.....

**spoiler here, obviously**

default.jpg

And to complete today's Joker quota for myself, - this:

Wow!

Nurse, can you help me with my catheter please!  :laugh: