Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772745 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5700 on: July 04, 2008, 03:52:15 pm »
LOL!

Yes, there actually *is* a patient sitting in the bed there. Wonder if he thinks he's just half-delirious and reacting to the latest pills, and that's why the nurse looks so strange, has such powerful arms *swoon* and strangely seems to be toting such a badass gun....

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5701 on: July 04, 2008, 06:49:41 pm »
Sorry to be taking over the thread - won't anybody else post?  :-\ Guess everyone's out partying and whatever else it is you do on 4th of July.

Anyway, I found a new review of TDK that I hadn't seen before. it's the second review I've seen that calls for an Oscar nom for the film, not just the Joker.

And as for the Joker, here's what the reviewer has to say:

You can believe the hype, KNIGHT could have quite simply been renamed to THE JOKER. Ignoring the fact that we lost Ledger earlier this year, he truly does deserve credit for bringing one of the most diverse, unique and well-developed characters to the big screen since Daniel Day Lewis in THERE WILL BE BLOOD. Some will say it's over-the-top, while everyone else will see the true genius in his work. When Christopher and Jonathan Nolan reveal The Joker's motive early in the film, it's tough to take in, and tough to take serious (why so serious?), but by the final frame of the film, the viewer should be sold without question. The deconstruction of The Joker is something of wonder; watching Ledger descend deeper into psychosis was more interesting that watching Lewis do it in BLOOD. To say he will give the viewer goosebumps is an understatement.

The full review is here:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/blog/entry.php?id=173

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5702 on: July 04, 2008, 07:00:25 pm »
Mikaela, you post post post, because I love love love it!  :-*

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5703 on: July 04, 2008, 07:33:34 pm »
Thank you very very much!  :)

Well, one final post from me then, and I'll be off.....

I don't know much about the Batman/TDK fandom at all, but it suddenly struck me that if it is like other fandoms (say; Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.) that means many fans will dress up as their favourite characters for the premiere or for the first public screening.

I wonder if the initial audience crowds will be filled with Jokers?

mvansand76

« Reply #5704 on: July 05, 2008, 09:56:48 am »
I am going to try to be there during the London premiere this month, 21 July in Leicester square....

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5705 on: July 05, 2008, 12:25:12 pm »
I am going to try to be there during the London premiere this month, 21 July in Leicester square....

Yay Mel!  Our intrepid reporter...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5706 on: July 05, 2008, 01:07:12 pm »
Whew, I just caught up on many pages of HHH after being away.  Thanks so much, Mikaela, Elle and others for posting links and pics from the "Dark Knight" buildup.  I have to say I'm excited to see this film, too, more than any other since "Brokeback" itself.  I only hope I can manage to get some tickets soon, having been away for almost a month.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5707 on: July 05, 2008, 01:44:04 pm »
Love you Heath, and thanks for showing us the whys of the Fourth of July values, for freedom by your superb acting !!

mvansand76

« Reply #5708 on: July 05, 2008, 03:15:53 pm »
Yay Mel!  Our intrepid reporter...

;D

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #5709 on: July 06, 2008, 08:42:19 pm »

Wow - that should be something. Do give us a full report, please!  :)  (I was at the London premiere of "Return of the King" some years back - the crowds were huge and very enthusiastic and it was a nearly surreal experience.)

To fulfill the daily Joker quota in this thread, I'm bringing over this image that BelAir posted elsewhere. I'm happy that it won't *all* be Heath behind the full clownish makeup.... And I can't help noticing the piercing in his ear here. It somehow makes this Heath to me, instead of TDK character...