Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772359 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5710 on: July 06, 2008, 08:47:04 pm »
All right, I think I have made the decision that I will go see this on opening day, despite my queasiness at the whole entire thing. But I figure, I have a Heath tattoo, I commune with him on a regular basis, I started this thread...and I live in the country where the movie was made and is opening. I owe it to all of you to see it as early as I can.

Next step: buy tickets. I'll keep you posted.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5711 on: July 06, 2008, 09:53:28 pm »
All right, I think I have made the decision that I will go see this on opening day, despite my queasiness at the whole entire thing. But I figure, I have a Heath tattoo, I commune with him on a regular basis, I started this thread...and I live in the country where the movie was made and is opening. I owe it to all of you to see it as early as I can.

Leslie

You are braver than me, all my family except me are off to see it.I just know I would embarass them all by crying.The boys in particular are excited beyond words,they are counting down the days. I used to love 10 things I hate, yet since January, even watching that makes me cry.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5712 on: July 07, 2008, 11:25:26 am »

Leslie

Great Leslie!  We can compare notes, of course.  I have 2 pm tickets for the IMAX showing... but am still hoping to find someone to go to the earlier midnight showing with me...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5713 on: July 07, 2008, 11:26:45 am »
ps - WB Meryl!
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5714 on: July 07, 2008, 01:30:41 pm »
Great Leslie!  We can compare notes, of course.  I have 2 pm tickets for the IMAX showing... but am still hoping to find someone to go to the earlier midnight showing with me...

Heads up to all of us... we're going to have to agree on a spoiler policy and whether to post spoilers here at all, marked as such, and for how long to continue with that - or whether to keep them strictly in a separate thread for that purpose. The film does not premiere in Europe till weeks, even months later. And though I personally love reading reviews that don't go into details about the plot and the ending, and I love seeing pictures and clips - I don't want to know more than that.

I suppose it's up to the mod(s) to decide....  :-*

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5715 on: July 07, 2008, 08:00:59 pm »
Heads up to all of us... we're going to have to agree on a spoiler policy and whether to post spoilers here at all, marked as such, and for how long to continue with that - or whether to keep them strictly in a separate thread for that purpose. The film does not premiere in Europe till weeks, even months later. And though I personally love reading reviews that don't go into details about the plot and the ending, and I love seeing pictures and clips - I don't want to know more than that.

I suppose it's up to the mod(s) to decide....  :-*

Thanks, Mikaela, you're right about the spoiler factor.  If Leslie is in agreement, I would like to request that HHH posters refrain from posting details of the plot of TDK in this thread, whether they've seen the movie or not.

There is a thread started by Elle here in the Heath Remembrance Forum that allows spoilers, so you can post them there and refer us to that thread in your posts in HHH.

The thread started by BelAir in the Culture Tent seems to have no definite policy on spoilers yet.  Am I right, BelAir? (Thanks for the WB, BTW)  :)

After the movie has been open for some time in Europe as well as in the US, then we can lift the ban on spoilers.

P.S. - Mika, congratulations on reaching 2000 posts!  Check out the 1000+ Posts thread for your official congrats.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5716 on: July 08, 2008, 05:56:01 am »
Sounds like a good plan, Meryl.  :)

I'll head on over to the 1000+post thread next, but before I go: here's a link to the RottenTomatoes TDK page. Very useful in that it keeps track of all reviews, quotes the most relevant parts of them, and links to the full reviews. I've read all 9 reviews that currently are up - they range in tone from extatic to entirely satisfied, and all praise Heath's acting. But they contain few if any very specific spoilers about scenes etc. so these I didn't mind reading.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5717 on: July 08, 2008, 06:37:12 am »
Hiya Heathens :)

I'm ba-ack from vacation. Lots to catch up with and I'm looking forward to the youtube videos posted here.
Here's my Heath pic for the day:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5718 on: July 08, 2008, 07:00:07 am »
Morning all,

Welcome back Chrissi! I missed you!

And what a great Heath pic to start the day. I needed that after a very annoying 45 minutes (story in the 1000+ posts thread).

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline optom3

« Reply #5719 on: July 08, 2008, 09:20:27 am »
welcome back from me too, hope you had a lovely break, but my mornings have definitely been lacking some Heath loveliness.Things arelooking right back up again !!!!