Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772725 times)

Offline whiskeyspring

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5890 on: July 16, 2008, 05:13:13 pm »
Welcome on BetterMost, Whiskeyspring!

Thank you!  :)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5891 on: July 16, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »
Thank you so much for posting the youtube links. :)

Offline carolina

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • it could be like this. just like this. always.
« Reply #5892 on: July 16, 2008, 10:30:53 pm »
Good morning Heathens :)

Yayy... a funny face, my fave!

I'm glad people are liking TDK, well, it's not at all surprising, but still, good to hear.  I've already bought my tickets for Friday night, I'm so excited.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5893 on: July 17, 2008, 03:26:08 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5894 on: July 17, 2008, 03:59:38 am »
I watched the E! True Hollywood Story last night. I agree with everything that has been said about it.

I loved this tidbit about young Heath, shared by his friend Melissa from Sweat (paraphrasing): when it became clear that Sweat wouldn't get a second season, everybody was a bit down and concerned about what they'd do now, but when Heath learned about it, his reaction was "Great, I'm gonna get to do something new!"

And Vincent Fantauzzo's soft-spoken words stick also out to me. As much as I didn't like the portrait at the beginning, as much I like the artist from what I've read about him and from interviews. He seems to be such a kind and gentle person.

Overall, the E! story was really not bad and I'm happy I was able to see it on youtube. Made me sad, of course, and I was short of skipping the last part.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5895 on: July 17, 2008, 10:38:59 am »
I watched the E! True Hollywood Story last night. I agree with everything that has been said about it.

I loved this tidbit about young Heath, shared by his friend Melissa from Sweat (paraphrasing): when it became clear that Sweat wouldn't get a second season, everybody was a bit down and concerned about what they'd do now, but when Heath learned about it, his reaction was "Great, I'm gonna get to do something new!"

And Vincent Fantauzzo's soft-spoken words stick also out to me. As much as I didn't like the portrait at the beginning, as much I like the artist from what I've read about him and from interviews. He seems to be such a kind and gentle person.

Overall, the E! story was really not bad and I'm happy I was able to see it on youtube. Made me sad, of course, and I was short of skipping the last part.

I loved the part where someone said, can't rememember who, that Heath was shouting her name down the road, and he was living in I guess not the best house, she then asks if he is O.K  and he is so excited saying yeah great there's about 10 of sharing here.!!!
As soon as it loked like it was getting to the Jan. events I just changed chanels.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5896 on: July 17, 2008, 03:36:46 pm »
From IMDB today (http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0262911/). It's a kind of summary of various reviews of TDK, therefore I thought I'd also post it here (crossposted on the TDK thread in the Heath Remembrance Forum).

I added blank lines to make it more reader-friendly and bolded the parts about Heath.

With the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight opening in thousands of theaters at midnight tonight or at 6:00 a.m. on Friday, newspapers throughout the country have made room for early reviews. Almost without exception they are raves.

Roger Ebert in the Chicago Sun-Times gives it a rare -- for him -- four stars, writing, that it "is a haunted film that leaps beyond its origins and becomes an engrossing tragedy. It creates characters we come to care about. That's because of the performances, because of the direction, because of the writing, and because of the superlative technical quality of the entire production."

Kenneth Turan in the Los Angeles Times observes that director Christopher Nolan does not make a big to-do over the film's formidable special effects and action sequences. "This is powerful, propulsive filmmaking in which elements that must have taken an eternity to set up stay on screen no longer than they absolutely need to," he remarks.
Claudia Puig in USA Today piles on the superlatives. "The Dark Knight is a more thrilling, intelligent, morally complex and masterfully crafted film than any summer blockbuster in recent years. It's probably the best superhero movie to date," she says.

Every critic marvels at the performance of the late Heath Ledger in the role of The Joker. "Ledger is so horrifically riveting you can't take your eyes off of him," comments Joe Neumaier in the New York Daily News. Even the Washington Post's Stephen Hunter, who is one of the few critics who has found faults with the film, writes that Ledger's performance is memorable. "It's a subtle, nuanced piece of acting so powerful it banishes all memories of the handsome Aussie behind it," he writes. "Ledger's work is improbably droll, impossibly creepy, meticulously detailed," comments Michael Phillips in the Chicago Tribune, who also awards the film four stars.

And Amy Biancolli concludes in the Houston Chronicle: "Heath Ledger died too young, leaving behind performances as faceted, brilliant and few as a handful of diamonds. His final gem is no less radiant for being pitch black."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5897 on: July 17, 2008, 06:21:40 pm »
Someone posted it on Monday, Heath Ledger - E True Hollywood Story

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEEjFlojxAU
part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Eu-cyTZGA
part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9abxumKYJs
part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns43T2Lo5iA
part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCW_RaY5tIc

Hi Heathens btw, I've been an occasional lurker on this thread for a few months.

Welcome home, whiskeyspring!  Love your name and your first post!  :) 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5898 on: July 17, 2008, 06:27:21 pm »
I finally got a chance to watch the E! True Hollywood story about Heath, and I actually thought it was great, very satisfying, very positive, even kind of insightful.  I'm going to write them a thank you note.

How can it be that the more we find out about Heath, the MORE wonderful he turns out to be?

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5899 on: July 17, 2008, 08:47:40 pm »
I finally got a chance to watch the E! True Hollywood story about Heath, and I actually thought it was great, very satisfying, very positive, even kind of insightful.  I'm going to write them a thank you note.

How can it be that the more we find out about Heath, the MORE wonderful he turns out to be?

I think he was (hate writing in past tense) one of those very few genuinely nice humans.The sort of person who has no airs or graces about them and also quite unusually for a star was almost like the boy next door. He seemed to have the ability to connect with others from all walks of life.There was no side to him.