Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3771902 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5940 on: July 22, 2008, 06:58:10 am »
That proved to be the year it all came together for Ledger, starting with Terry Gilliam's quirky dark fairy tale, "The Brothers Grimm," in which he co-starred with Matt Damon. His streak continued with "Brokeback Mountain," for which Ledger was nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar. He capped off 2005 with a little-seen but critically-hailed turn in the title role of the period comedy "Cassanova."

Excuse me?

I swear to God, this unable to do research-thing drives me wicked up the wall.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5941 on: July 22, 2008, 09:38:37 am »
That proved to be the year it all came together for Ledger, starting with Terry Gilliam's quirky dark fairy tale, "The Brothers Grimm," in which he co-starred with Matt Damon. His streak continued with "Brokeback Mountain," for which Ledger was nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar. He capped off 2005 with a little-seen but critically-hailed turn in the title role of the period comedy "Cassanova."

Excuse me?

I swear to God, this unable to do research-thing drives me wicked up the wall.

L

And Casanova with two s ....  ;D

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #5942 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:16 am »
In 2001 he brought then-girlfriend Heather Graham home and showed her the local sights. At the speedway races south of the city, Ledger and his starlet girlfriend dined on French fries...

"What do you suggest?" she recalled him telling her.

Yeah, a good editing team (like us!) would have helped.  Interesting article, though.

"Heath never had any money on him, but he always got a beer."

Sounds like our boy.   ;)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5943 on: July 22, 2008, 07:33:19 pm »
Reading this made me happy:

Michelle Williams Making A Personal Movie Of Heath Ledger For Their Daughter
July 9, 2008 06:20 am CDT 

Michelle Williams is making a movie about Heath Ledger so their two-year-old daughter can see what her dad was really like.

The actress -- who was left devastated when her former fiance was found dead in his apartment after an accidental drug overdose in January -- wants the actor's friends and co-stars to share their stories on him so little Matilda can see her father through their eyes.

A source said: "This is incredibly important for Michelle to do. It makes Michelle's heart ache that Matilda was so young when Heath died and she's unlikely to retain any memories of her father. She wants to keep his spirit alive with something Matilda can treasure all her life."

In her first public statement in February about Heath's tragic death, Michelle expressed her grief but said Matilda was helping her cope. She said: "I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day."

Heath and Michelle met on the set of 'Brokeback Mountain' in 2004 and Matilda was born in October 2005. The couple split in September 2007.

Article © AHN - All Rights Reserved

http://www.icelebz.com/gossips/michelle_williams_making_a_personal_movie_of_heath_ledger_for_their_daughter/

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5944 on: July 23, 2008, 12:41:40 am »
On location: The Joker's voice, born in Chicago

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/1052964,SHO-Sunday-zwecker13.article

I know I'm super behind in this thread, but thanks for posting this Elle. When I get back to school this fall I would love to go to some of the Chicago places this article mentioned, since I would have a difficult time getting to New York or Perth to see some other places he went. I could actually get to the ones in this article!  :)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5945 on: July 23, 2008, 01:10:05 am »

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5946 on: July 23, 2008, 01:11:30 am »

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5947 on: July 23, 2008, 01:12:38 am »

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5948 on: July 23, 2008, 01:14:26 am »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5949 on: July 23, 2008, 02:28:42 am »
Heath Ledger talks about playing the Joker in “The Dark Knight”

POSTED BY MARK DE LA VINA ON JULY 13TH, 2008

to listen to the 2 minute phone interview with Heath, go to the original article:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2008/07/13/from-the-grave-heath-ledger-talks-about-the-dark-knight/