Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3701512 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1410 on: December 07, 2006, 06:42:21 pm »
Suggestions for a caption, anyone?  (C'mon, David, you're great at this, let your creativity run wild and free  ;D)

"The next smart arse who tries to make a funny out of Brokeback, gets this over the back of their bloody head"
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1411 on: December 07, 2006, 06:48:51 pm »
Heh. I sure don't need any images or glass prizes or caption prompts to make me think "F**k you, AMPAS". That's merely a statement of general and oft-repeated truth where I am concerned.  ::)

Thank you everyone for the images and information. Many nice pics that make me smile.  :)
And so, so great to see Heath getting some more than well-deserved recognition, however late in the coming......

Otherwise a bundle of very random thoughts crossed my mind. Like, I think Heath looks waaay better with short hair. Some scissors his way at once, please!  (::blush:: Not that it's any of my business.... ::) )  And, I think this is the first time since the BBM premiere I've seen images from this kind of ceremonies where Michelle hasn't been glued happily to his side. There really seems to be an empty space when she's not there. Is she away filming or something?

And Daniel Radcliffe.....now I totally see why people tend to get him mixed up with Elijah Wood.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 06:52:26 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1412 on: December 07, 2006, 06:54:24 pm »
Something I noticed in the speeches at the awards.....the way they pronounced "Gyllenhaal".....

Heath and Eric Bana pronounced the "G" like in "good".....I always thought the "G" was pronounced like a "J" as in "just"......

Anyone know for sure, which one is right?

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #1413 on: December 07, 2006, 07:15:08 pm »
Something I noticed in the speeches at the awards.....the way they pronounced "Gyllenhaal".....

Heath and Eric Bana pronounced the "G" like in "good".....I always thought the "G" was pronounced like a "J" as in "just"......

Anyone know for sure, which one is right?

Well, Jake himself says JILL-en-hall, so I'm going to go with that.  It's rather odd that Heath would mispronounce his name, though.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1414 on: December 07, 2006, 07:41:36 pm »
Well, Jake himself says JILL-en-hall, so I'm going to go with that.  It's rather odd that Heath would mispronounce his name, though.

Maybe it was becasue he was around all the Aussies.......we do mis-pronounce things a lot......

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1415 on: December 07, 2006, 10:27:46 pm »
Heath gets an award for his performance in BBM.  I saw it on TOB.  Imagine winning an award for not playing someone famous.  ;)

http://www.afi.org.au/latestnews/news_detailed.asp?id=132

The L’Oréal Paris 2006 AFI (Australia Film Institute) Awards were announced over two gala nights at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre on Wednesday 6th December and Thursday 7th December.

The International Award for Best Actor went to Heath Ledger for his portrayal of a gay cowboy in the film Brokeback Mountain, whilst the International Award for Best Actress went to Rachel Griffiths for her role in the long running series Six Feet Under. Dion Beebe received the International Award for Excellence in Filmmaking for his work on Memoirs of a Geisha.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1416 on: December 08, 2006, 06:10:16 am »
Further down in the linked article I found this:

The News Limited Readers’ Choice Award went to Heath Ledger.

So Heath won two prizes: International Award For Best Actor and Limited Reader's Choice Award.

Katie (Sue), you saw the show and you're Aussie. Am I right and what is the Limited Reader's Choice Arward?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1417 on: December 08, 2006, 07:41:09 am »
From BBC website

Actor Heath Ledger (centre) receives a warm welcome from Kath and Kim actress Magda Szubanski (left) and pop singer Dannii Minogue (right) as he arrives at the AFI (Australian Film Institute) Awards in Melbourne.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1418 on: December 08, 2006, 11:47:01 am »
From People. Heath takes his own pic with a fan upon arriving to the AFI. He seems to be having a bad hair day, doesn't he?

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1419 on: December 08, 2006, 12:04:48 pm »

Heath gets an award for his performance in BBM.  I saw it on TOB.  Imagine winning an award for not playing someone famous.  ;)

http://www.afi.org.au/latestnews/news_detailed.asp?id=132

Thanks for the link!  It also says this:

Luke Davies and Neil Armfield won Best Adapted Screenplay for Candy