Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3703965 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1420 on: December 08, 2006, 03:32:48 pm »
Further down in the linked article I found this:

The News Limited Readers’ Choice Award went to Heath Ledger.

So Heath won two prizes: International Award For Best Actor and Limited Reader's Choice Award.

Katie (Sue), you saw the show and you're Aussie. Am I right and what is the Limited Reader's Choice Arward?

"News Limited" is the corporation here in australia, which publishes a lot of our weekly magazines....readers from one or some of these magazines were asked to vote for this award.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1421 on: December 08, 2006, 03:48:36 pm »
From BBC website

Actor Heath Ledger (centre) receives a warm welcome from Kath and Kim actress Magda Szubanski (left) and pop singer Dannii Minogue (right) as he arrives at the AFI (Australian Film Institute) Awards in Melbourne.

For those of you who are not familiar with the actress Magda Szubanski, she is a fine actress (she played the part of the farmers wife in Babe).....she also plays the part of Kath in a comedy duo, (Kath and Kim).....if you notice the red around her mouth in this pic......when she came on as a presenter at the awards, she said in her comedy routine that she got a "Heath (heat) rash" after kissing Heath Ledger on the red carpet......the cameras showed Heath in the audience having a laugh about that....when he came up to collect his readers choice award, he made reference to her comment and said "I got a similar rash when I was with Jake".....

The thing I liked about Heath, was that even though there were some quips made about Brokeback, he still managed to show that he was not embarrassed by the film (and he should not be), and took it all with a good sense of humour and respect for the film....when he accepted the International award, he thanked Annie Proulx for "writing an unbelievably beautiful story".....

All in all though, he stood out in the crowd.....even though he did look a bit uncomfortable with the whole thing....I think we sometimes forget that he is only 25 (hes still not more than a kid), and when I see him like this, affirms just how good an actor he is to be able to do the roles that he has done.

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #1422 on: December 08, 2006, 04:19:30 pm »
I think we sometimes forget that he is only 25

*whispers*

psst...he's 27...

But your point is well taken.  I'm glad to hear he was joking aboutthings and taking it all in stride.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1423 on: December 08, 2006, 07:01:39 pm »
Gees, I certainly got things arse about face.......27....still a baby......

and Ive also been told, I got Magda's character wrong...she plays Sharon.....

Just wanted to let those who did not see the show, that Heath did mention Jake, in fact, Jake's name got mentioned a few times thru the show.....

Offline David

« Reply #1424 on: December 09, 2006, 10:05:04 am »

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1425 on: December 10, 2006, 02:15:43 am »
Audio interview with our beloved:

http://www.mercextra.com/listen/index.php?id=260

Thanks to Dancing Bear at IMDb.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1426 on: December 10, 2006, 06:10:16 pm »
I don't have the link right now, but there is a Daniel Radcliff YOUTUBE--his presenting the International Best Actor award and there is all of Heath's acceptance speech in it, as Actor came before Actress and DR presented both of them, so you get to see and hear Heath's speech.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1427 on: December 10, 2006, 07:05:20 pm »
I don't have the link right now, but there is a Daniel Radcliff YOUTUBE--his presenting the International Best Actor award and there is all of Heath's acceptance speech in it, as Actor came before Actress and DR presented both of them, so you get to see and hear Heath's speech.

But it didn't make me very happy.

yb

« Reply #1428 on: December 10, 2006, 07:08:12 pm »

But it didn't make me very happy.

May I know why?

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1429 on: December 10, 2006, 07:37:08 pm »
Thank you for the YouTube link.

I do believe there's an utter inflation in film award ceremonies. Each new one seems like a copy of the last, and it just keeps looking shallower and shallower to me. It must feel pretty empty in the end to the actors who travel around to all those shows, however much it's bringing them publicity and however much it's signalling recognition of their work. The films and actors keep doing the same rounds, the glamour looks more strained by the minute IMO, and even the jokes get recycled (Heath now has taken over Jake's "him and me made out and a daughter resulted" joke). Much as I thought I'd never say that, I do hope this was the end of the BBM award nominations.

Heath is such a dear though, fidgeting as usual and looking more than a little unprepared for an acceptance speech he surely must have been expecting to make.....