Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3744557 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1450 on: December 19, 2006, 05:47:33 pm »
Thanks, Leslie.  Did anyone else get the thought that it would be cool if this was really Heath and Michelle's wedding?  They did get a marriage license in Brooklyn recently.

Yes, but does a marriage license in Brooklyn work in Australia? LOL

The website where that article was posted allowed comments. Believe it or not, someone was complaining about the color of Michelle's dress, saying that it is in very bad taste for a guest to wear white to a wedding!!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1451 on: December 19, 2006, 05:50:17 pm »
I didn't want you Heathens to feel left out with it being Jake's birthday and all, so here's a pic for you. I apologize if you've seen it before.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1452 on: December 19, 2006, 05:52:15 pm »
The website where that article was posted allowed comments. Believe it or not, someone was complaining about the color of Michelle's dress, saying that it is in very bad taste for a guest to wear white to a wedding!!

L
My mother-in-law wore white to my wedding and it freaked me out!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1453 on: December 20, 2006, 02:30:24 am »
That not wearing white is an etiquette thing that is pretty much on it's way out. Like brides wearing white, bridesmaids not wearing white, bridesmaids wearing the same dress and only female bride "attendants" or only male grooms(wo)men. My mother wore white to my brother's wedding and the bride was in no danger of having the attention drawn away from her ;)

Can you tell I'm in the midst of planning a wedding?

O0

Heathen

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1454 on: December 20, 2006, 12:24:00 pm »
Why don't you ask your brother's wife how she felt about it, you might be surprised!!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1455 on: December 20, 2006, 10:47:21 pm »
If you look at the difference between Heath's shirt which is white, and Michelle's dress--you will see that her dress is NOT white, but ecru or eggshell--big difference in off-white to real white.

OH and I haven't read any real confirmation that it was a marriage license, all I ever read is someone saw them at the courthouse, and made some assumptions.   I am not so sure it was, even though the assumptions were plastered all over everywhere.   
IF it was they only have so long to be wed or they have to get a different one, because they are only valid for so many days, and if/when they do, then there will be a public record of it for real.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:51:30 pm by ranchgal »

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1456 on: December 20, 2006, 10:51:30 pm »
Why don't you ask your brother's wife how she felt about it, you might be surprised!!

She didn't care-she hates my mother for all sorts of other reasons :laugh:

O0

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1457 on: December 21, 2006, 03:08:32 am »
Leslie, thanks for posting the wedding article.  They got the groom's name wrong!  Funny that both Heath and Michelle's fathers have been in the Australian news recently.

It hadn't occurred to me that it could be Heath & Michelle's wedding til I read all your comments here.  To continue the conjecture - maybe the Brooklyn thing was so they could have one legal ceremony, and then the Perth one was for Australian family and friends.  It sure doesn't seem like the journalists tried very hard to find out who Kim was marrying.

Re white dress - My first wedding, where I wore white, a friend of my mother's not only wore white, it looked like a $#%&ing wedding dress, with tiers, and lace, and princess sleeves.  I was really pissed off at the time.  'Course I'm not even in that marriage anymore, so it feels pretty much like water under the bridge now....:)  For this marriage, I wore an iridescent raw silk material with a deep rose weft and a royal blue warp, which looked like shimmering purple moire when I moved.  A friend of mine made it for me.  Choosing that fabric was a very fun process, and felt just right.  White the first time felt society-right.  Purple moire the second time felt Clarissa-right.

Anyway, back to Heath Heath Heath....:)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1458 on: December 21, 2006, 03:24:24 am »

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1459 on: December 22, 2006, 02:41:01 am »
It looks, sadly, like the media love-fest with the Brokeback Mountain boys seems to be shifting. For months there was were at least 2 Heath/Jake movies on cable every day. Now pretty much nothing. Ned Kelly and Brokeback Mountain seem to be it.

Makes me shed a  :'(

Heathen