Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3701621 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1510 on: January 08, 2007, 11:13:53 am »
By the way.....we call those "flip flops".....THONGS

I used to call them that, too. But when I use the word "thong" to refer to footwear, my sons (ages 10 and 12) collapse laughing. They're thinking of another kind of thong!

So now, to avoid confusion, I try to remember to go with "flip flops."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1511 on: January 08, 2007, 03:58:21 pm »
Scruffy or no, that is a good picture. The boy has been working out and it shows. Pecs and shoulders-umm umm ummmm!

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1512 on: January 10, 2007, 07:22:02 pm »
Pictures are hard to come by, but here's another interview article...

He turned down role of Hollywood hunk
Heath Ledger went for riskier parts, and won an Oscar nomination
MARK DE LA VINA
San Jose Mercury News

He was in line to become Hollywood's next top romantic lead, a blossoming hunk primped for mainstream superstardom.

Australian actor Heath Ledger seemed positioned as the next "it" boy after such box-office hits as "The Patriot" in 2000 and "A Knight's Tale" in 2001. But when most of his contemporaries were struggling with college midterms, Ledger was doing the unthinkable: abandoning a sure-fire film career for one dotted with commercially risky roles.

This conscious change in course perhaps culminated in "Brokeback Mountain," for which Ledger received a 2006 Oscar nomination for his portrayal of a ranch hand secretly in love with a bull rider (Jake Gyllenhaal).

Now Ledger, 27, has taken on another audience-testing role in "Candy," a dark memoir about a young couple locked in a death tango with heroin. The film also stars Geoffrey Rush and Abbie Cornish. It does not yet have a scheduled opening in Charlotte.

"I think it was more or less the time I decided to take my career into my own hands," Ledger says in a phone interview from a New York hotel room. "I felt like it was a little out of my control. I'm happy I made that choice. I feel less like a product and more like someone who is kind of devoted to telling stories about all walks of life."

In "Candy," Ledger plays Dan, a poet who falls for a striking young art student (Cornish). Their passion for one another becomes entangled with an all-consuming need for heroin, which inevitably envelops their relationship.

Ledger chose to work on "Candy," a small Australian film with limited U.S. release, not only because it plunged into territory of such unfamiliar darkness. The movie, shot in Sydney, also gave him the rare opportunity to make a film in his homeland. As a result, it was his first film in eight years where he didn't have to affect an accent.

Within two years of catching the attention of American audiences in "10 Things I Hate About You" (1999), Ledger's performance in the racially charged "Monster's Ball" set the tone for his choices in often offbeat, art-house movies. Such films as "Ned Kelly" and "The Brothers Grimm" followed suit.

In his next film, Todd Haynes' "I'm Not There," he plays one of seven characters who embody an aspect of Bob Dylan's life and work -- hardly the stuff of multiplexes.

Though he appears to be following singing songwriter Neil Young's career path of forsaking the middle of the road for the ditch -- leading to the rougher but far more interesting ride -- Ledger hasn't completely turned his back on popcorn movies. He will play the Joker in "The Dark Knight," Christopher Nolan's follow-up to "Batman Begins," which begins shooting in March.

The actor says that in spite of the box-office potential of "Knight," he's intrigued more by the role, which he describes as a "pure anarchist."

"I still feel like it's a character I've never done before," he says, "and I'm going to be donning a mask. I'm not really thinking about the commercial consequences. Maybe I should be. But at this point, it's just an exciting next step."
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1513 on: January 12, 2007, 06:32:59 am »
That is one of the most annoyingly-written articles I have ever read from a professional paper.  Thanks for finding, Leslie, it's not a criticism of you, Our News Sleuth.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1514 on: January 12, 2007, 07:58:45 am »
That is one of the most annoyingly-written articles I have ever read from a professional paper.  Thanks for finding, Leslie, it's not a criticism of you, Our News Sleuth.

Thank you for that reassurance, Elle! I'm just out there, trying to find some pictures and/or news, and I have to tell you, the pickins are pretty slim these days. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1515 on: January 17, 2007, 05:05:51 am »
Five days without Heath? That can't be.
I've never seen this pic before. Heath promoting A Knight's Tale. Ok, he's very young in this one, but cute as a button. I love his smiles.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1516 on: January 18, 2007, 01:38:22 am »
Five days without Heath? That can't be.

Out of site but never out of mind  :-*

O0

Heathen

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1517 on: January 18, 2007, 02:13:37 am »
Out of site but never out of mind  :-*

(insert "that's cute!" smiley emoticon here)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1518 on: January 21, 2007, 01:03:23 am »
Between being sick and Candy not making it to my town I missed it. Does anyone know when it will be out on DVD in the U.S.ofA.?

Heathen

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #1519 on: January 21, 2007, 01:19:18 am »
Between being sick and Candy not making it to my town I missed it. Does anyone know when it will be out on DVD in the U.S.ofA.?

It did not come to my town either.  According to IMDb the DVD release date is March 27, 2007

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424880/dvd

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 01:23:51 am by dot-matrix »
Life is not a dress rehearsal