Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772105 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5740 on: July 09, 2008, 05:18:52 am »
Gary Oldman Tells Us Heath Deserves an Oscar

In an interview this week Sheila Roberts our LA wonder writer spoke to Gary Oldman about working on The Dark Knight and specifically with Heath Ledger who passed on during the filming, may he RIP. You will be able to read the entire interview later in the week but in the meantime we wanted to highlight his comments on working with Heath Ledger. Earlier Christian Bale praised Heath in an interview on ReelComix ( Christian Bale Dark Knight Interview ). Christian Bale praised Heath in the interview telling them;

Heath Ledger completely immersed himself. He stayed in character. When he was the Joker, he was the Joker throughout. He had an absolute commitment to that. He has portrayed the Joker in a way that has not been portrayed before. He has this punk, clockwork orange approach to it. He did such a damn good job that if Chris decides to make a third movie he has created a real challenge of how do you up the ante with any villain after Heath's portrayal of the joker.

True to what Christian said Gary Oldman thinks that Heath Ledger is an actor who went at subsonic speed and delivered land mark performances;

I think there's certain - Actors go along - really good actors, as Heath was, go along and they have good careers it's like they're sort of traveling at subsonic speed, and occasionally they go through the sound barrier. You can think of people like Jack Nicholson in “One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest,” Al Pacino in “Dog Day Afternoon”…There's certain landmark performances where you just think that they just fly. And Heath has done that here. He's just tuning in to a radio station - he's got a frequency that none of us can hear. It was like he found something. And I knew it was special the first day I worked with him. I called a friend and they said “How is it?” and I said “It's good, it's good,” and they said “How's Heath as The Joker” and I said “He's going to be sensational. You can tell already.” How good he turned out to be is beyond my expectation, really.
People talk about the intensity of someone like Christian. And I've heard someone say “Christian's a method actor.” Well, Christian's still alive. [pause] I mean, Heath, in between takes, would laugh and joke and sit down on the curb and have a cigarette and talk about Matilda. And I think it's just the sort of thing that everybody wants to go “Oh, it's the role. It drove him…” You'd have to be neurologically fucking mental, you'd have to have a disorder to play a part and let it affect you so much that you can't sleep and that you - you know what I mean? Don't you think? People want a darker story than there really is, because my experience of him, and I don't know if he had substance abuse in the past, and people talk about partying and the stuff he used to do, but I was never witness to that. I worked with a sweet kid who had such a heart, who was a lovely guy. I worked with this guy who was completely committed to the role and the work, wanted more than anything to be taken seriously as an actor. He was on time, he knew the lines, and he was a nice kid.
It leads to the question is Heath Ledger deserving of an oscar and in Gary Oldmans mind without a question he is.
Yeah, I think so. I think the Academy tend to overlook movies like this, they somehow seem to don't take it so seriously because it just doesn't fall into their thing. They don't tend to look at work in movies like this. But in this case I think the acting is so good, I think his performance is so good, I think it's going to be very hard to avoid it. So he could be the first - who was the last guy? From “Network?”
Check back later for Sheila's entire interview with Gary Oldman which will include lots more on Gary's work on The Dark Knight.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_14954.html

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5741 on: July 09, 2008, 05:26:18 am »
Happy Ever After in Your Eyes
Ben Harper

written for Matilda's birth
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmi3Dk1YAFI[/youtube]

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5742 on: July 09, 2008, 05:38:11 am »
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23959624-25090,00.html

"KIM Ledger says his family will leave Perth for New York this week to attend the July 15 premiere of The Dark Knight, son Heath Ledger's Batman movie. The trip will take them away from the growing row in the Perth arts world over Alan Carpenter's announcement on Tuesday that a new theatre complex would be named after Heath. Kim Ledger says the family keeps in close touch with Heath's ex-fiancee Michelle Williams and daughter Matilda, 2. "We're going to America five days earlier to be able to play with Matilda," he says. But viewing the last film Heath completed will be hard. "For our family it's a bittersweet experience. We're extremely proud of his work."

Huhn?  ??? It was reported last week (pictures inclusive and everything!) that they left for the US premiere back then. I posted the link.

Never trust the celebrity-hungry media, I guess....

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5743 on: July 09, 2008, 05:51:17 am »
Huhn?  ??? It was reported last week (pictures inclusive and everything!) that they left for the US premiere back then. I posted the link.

Never trust the celebrity-hungry media, I guess....

Oh yeah, I remember that.  I don't know....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5744 on: July 09, 2008, 07:44:33 am »

Not speaking of Fiona here, but generally: TDK is rated PG13, but BBM is rated R? - ::)
I'm curious how TDK will be rated in Germany; and if I agree with the rating after actually seeing the movie. For now, I can't imagine letting my 12 year old daughter see TDK.

I am not a film board rater, but I believe the "R" rating for BBM was due to the 23 instances of the word "f**k." That word can be used once in a PG-13 movie, after that, it moves to R (that's what I have heard, anyway). Yes, there were also mature themes and nudity which were part of the package but that's what it is--a package.

I am sure Christopher Nolan knew exactly what he was doing to make the movie in such a way as to garner a PG-13 rating. He didn't want to lose his audience of adolescent boys!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5745 on: July 09, 2008, 08:39:05 am »
I am excited to say that LauraGigs, Lynne and I will be seeing The Dark Knight together on Saturday, July 19th, at 9:00AM.  Yes, AM.  :)  Our tickets are bought.  LauraGigs and I agreed that IMAX sounded too intense for us, and Lynne went along.  :)

:)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5746 on: July 09, 2008, 08:42:53 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Oh Chrissi that is a new one for me!  And it is from one of my favorite locales...  I call it "Heath in orange in the desert"...
 ::)

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5747 on: July 09, 2008, 08:52:32 am »
I am not a film board rater, but I believe the "R" rating for BBM was due to the 23 instances of the word "f**k." That word can be used once in a PG-13 movie, after that, it moves to R (that's what I have heard, anyway). Yes, there were also mature themes and nudity which were part of the package but that's what it is--a package.

I am sure Christopher Nolan knew exactly what he was doing to make the movie in such a way as to garner a PG-13 rating. He didn't want to lose his audience of adolescent boys!

L

does it make me a bad Brokie if I didn't know they used the f word 23 times in Brokeback Mountain?

???

:P

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5748 on: July 09, 2008, 09:11:56 am »
does it make me a bad Brokie if I didn't know they used the f word 23 times in Brokeback Mountain?

???

:P

Well, let's just say that maybe you won't win at Brokie trivia!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5749 on: July 09, 2008, 11:12:51 am »
Yesterday the psychic James Van Praagh was on "The View" and mentioned having been visited by Heath.  I googled and found that he's mentioned it in many interviews, including one for CYInterview.com.  Here's the pertinent text:

JVP: “Very good question. Yes I have. Yes Heath Ledger has appeared to me. Two weeks after he died I was shaving and right behind on the right side in the mirror his face appeared and he said to me in my head that I screwed up. Now he knew me. We didn’t know each other directly, but we had mutual friends and he knew what I did. He said I screwed up. Then he thought about his daughter and that was it. Then the next thing I heard about Michelle [Williams], his ex, at their apartment in Brooklyn she’s been haunted by him twice. Once she was awakened at 3:00 AM by furniture moving and another time at 4:00 AM in the morning. She said she knew it was him. There was a shadowy figure at the end of her bed. She knows it’s him. I do get a sense that he is restless right now and really wants to speak with her. Actually as I speak I am working on doing a reading for her.”

Ich bin ein Brokie...