Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3751202 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #720 on: July 25, 2006, 06:07:46 am »
I am NOT happy about this news because personally I HATE Batman movies...

For months, gossip has been circulating who would play The Joker in the "Batman Begins" sequel which will concentrate on the Clown Prince of Crime.

Now, Latino Review who first revealed that Brandon Routh was going to be the new Superman, has heard from a very trusted source that the offer last night was officially made to Heath Ledger to star as The Joker in the sequel.

Seems an unusual choice, much younger than expected considering other mentioned names have
included Robin Williams and Paul Bettany. The tall and lanky Ledger has proven himself to be a solid awards-calibre actor who can disappear into a performance.

Playing evil though, certainly something he hasn't done before.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #721 on: July 25, 2006, 06:29:44 am »
No, Heath, NO!

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #722 on: July 25, 2006, 03:12:31 pm »
Les-

Keep in mind the Batman Begins series is nowhere near the comic book sensibility as prior productions. I would suspect that The Joker will not be as portrayed by Jack Nicholson..

Heathen

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #723 on: July 25, 2006, 04:45:51 pm »
Me either,I don't think Heath's Joker will be much like any of the ones before, and I think this will be an excellent opportunity for our Heath to stretch and really expand his acting chops, considering that he has NEVER really done anything really bad before---this will be a real experience that if he carries it as well as he does everything else will bring him to a whole new level too, not to mention audience.

I hate the Batman movies, with the exception of Batman Begins--and if they give the Joker the same seriousness, and character respect that they gave Liam's character, this movie will be really good.   I mean seriousness in the way that we do have to expect this character to be totally insane, with a real flair for the dramatic and extreme-but not be overly comedic in playing it out.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:15:46 pm by ranchgal »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #724 on: July 25, 2006, 06:18:17 pm »
It's a strange choice. And I've always liked that Heath supposedly turned down the role of Spider-Man -- rejected all that comic-book fame and fortune in favor of playing a gay man in a low-budget art-house movie! That's one of my favorite anecdotes about him.

But I guess I don't really care whether it's good or not. I can't see myself staying away from a movie that stars both Heath Ledger AND Christian Bale.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:57:15 pm by latjoreme »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #725 on: July 25, 2006, 10:11:34 pm »
I am willing to bet that David would freak out when he sees this pic!  ;D

Well the best thing I can see in this picture is his eyes and his scruffy boots!!
Love the boots, but this is his most rumply suit, and it shows. LOL
SIGH  and how about those socks with the wrinkles, and either parachutes or diamonds on them LOL nice to see his calves though.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:14:41 pm by ranchgal »

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #726 on: July 25, 2006, 11:33:54 pm »
I am willing to bet that David would freak out when he sees this pic!  ;D

That outfit is hideous even for Heath! I admire the fashion risks he takes-I wouldn't let him out of the house if I was his mother, but I admire his F U attitude. One of the reasons I am so drawn to him-he's no boy toy. He's a MAN toy  ;D

O0

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #727 on: July 26, 2006, 06:46:21 am »
A subway sighting from New York City:

EDIT: The New York Observer says this was a New York subway shot, but other sources tell me it is in London, outside the BAFTAs. Makes sense, I remember it was raining that night.

Thanks for the correction, ranchgal! I appreciate it...

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:11:46 pm by MaineWriter »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #728 on: July 26, 2006, 09:49:08 am »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #729 on: July 26, 2006, 01:45:25 pm »
That outfit is hideous even for Heath! I admire the fashion risks he takes-I wouldn't let him out of the house if I was his mother, but I admire his F U attitude. One of the reasons I am so drawn to him-he's no boy toy. He's a MAN toy  ;D

O0

Heath hasn't let anyone dress him since he left home at 16---so he does it all by himself.LOL

http://www.iheartjakemedia.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=43
Here is a link I got over at davecullen, that has both Heath and Jake together with Michelle during BAFTA awards,  you have to join the site though cause I think there is a log in to view the pictures big.  But it was fun to see Heath and Jake togerher too.

Leslie, you are right, far too much time, it is a hobby that went to obsession and is now nearing addiction! IT is so wierd!!LOL :laugh: :laugh: ::)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:30:30 pm by ranchgal »