Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3699778 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1110 on: September 10, 2006, 09:11:47 am »
A happy threesome...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1111 on: September 10, 2006, 09:13:13 am »
This picture just screams out for a caption. How about:

Michelle, sweetheart, breastfeeding sooo agrees with you...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1112 on: September 10, 2006, 03:14:52 pm »
yb, thank you so much for the interview links!  :)

This is the first time I've seen the man himself comment on his upcoming "Joker" stint. "Darker and more sinister", huhn?  :-\

I'm looking forward to steeling myself and watching Candy, once it premieres here. (No info yet on when that might be. ) Sounds very hard to watch, but well worth it.

I suddenly had a horrible thought: What if Candy's so good - or at least Heath's role in it - that he gets nominated for an Oscar once more? (The "horrible" part of the thought would be for the Oscar, not the quality of the role.) Eeeep! I wouldn't want that crazy circus for him once more so soon. But another nomination is bound to happen, sooner or later.... They probably feel they owe him one.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1113 on: September 10, 2006, 03:27:31 pm »
I made some wrong assumptions about foreign films and the Academies nominations:
So the below post is in answer to my wrong assumptions:
Some rules are posted in my next post--I just scrapped this one!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 04:06:04 pm by ranchgal »

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1114 on: September 10, 2006, 03:32:19 pm »
Oh, OK. I thought they distinguished "foreign" by means of the film's language, not the nationality per se?  Thinking of New Zealand's Return of the King and its 12 Oscars, including to various New Zealanders with Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh in front.... but of course that film had a US studio backing and financing it. And no actors got any Oscars anyway, none were even nominated for that film - though Ian McKellen was nominated for one for "Fellowship of the Ring" and he's not American either.  ???
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 03:36:57 pm by Mikaela »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1115 on: September 10, 2006, 04:05:18 pm »
Here are a few more that might apply to Candy?!
a)  feature length (defined as over 40 minutes),

b)  publicly exhibited by means of 35mm or 70mm film, or in a 24- or 48-frame progressive scan Digital Cinema format (minimum native resolution 1280 by 1024 pixels, with pixel bit depth, color primaries, and image and sound file formats suitable for exhibition in commercial Digital Cinema
sites),

c)  for paid admission in a commercial motion picture theater in Los
Angeles County,

d)  for a run of at least seven consecutive days,

e)  advertised and exploited during their Los Angeles run in a manner
considered normal and customary to the industry, and

f)    within the awards year deadlines specified in Rule Three.

3.  Films that, in any version, receive their first public exhibition or distribution in any manner other than as a theatrical motion picture release will not be eligible for Academy Awards in any category.  (This includes broadcast and cable television as well as home video marketing and Internet transmission.)  However, ten minutes or ten percent of the running time of a film, whichever is shorter, is allowed to be shown in a nontheatrical medium prior to the film’s theatrical release.

4.  Eligibility is contingent on the receipt by the Academy of the following information on Official Screen Credits forms obtained from the Academy, to be signed by the film’s producer or distributor (unless waived by the Academy), which shall include:

a)   full, complete and authentic credits,

b)   the name of the Los Angeles County theater where the film has played, and

c)   the dates of the Los Angeles run.

5.  Eligibility for all awards shall first be determined by credits as they appear on the screen and/or as certified to the Academy by the producing companies, but final determination in any event shall be made by the Academy.  The Academy shall not be bound by any contract or agreement relating to the sharing or giving of credit and reserves the right to make its own determination of credit for purposes of award consideration.

6.  In the event of any dispute concerning credits, the Academy reserves the right to declare any achievement ineligible or, alternatively, to reject all claims to credit, list credits as being in controversy and withhold any award until the dispute is resolved.

7.  The alteration of an achievement by changing a picture from the version shown in Los Angeles County, upon which eligibility is based, shall subject such achievement to the risk of being declared ineligible by the Board of Governors.

8.  Motion pictures from all countries shall be eligible for the annual awards listed in Rule One Paragraph 3, as long as they satisfy the requirements of the other applicable rules, and contain English subtitles if released in a foreign language.

Here are the rules applying for this Oscar season beginning dates etc:

1.  The required Los Angeles County qualifying run (described in Rule Two Paragraph 2) must open between January 1, 2006 and midnight of December 31, 2006.

2.  A picture theatrically exhibited inside the U.S. prior to the Los Angeles qualifying run shall be eligible for submission provided the prior exhibition takes place in a commercial motion picture theater after January 1, 2005, and that no other form of public exhibition occurs through the completion of its Los Angeles run (previews and festivals excluded).

3.  A picture first theatrically exhibited outside the U.S. prior to the Los Angeles qualifying run shall be eligible for submission provided the prior exhibition takes place in a commercial motion picture theater after January 1, 2005, with the following further conditions:

a)   the film may not be exhibited publicly in any other medium for a three-month period following the commencement of its initial theatrical engagement, and

b)   after the three-month period, the film may play in non-theatrical forms provided they are outside the U.S.  (No film that is shown inside the U.S. in any nontheatrical form prior to its qualifying Los Angeles run shall be eligible for Academy Awards.)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1116 on: September 10, 2006, 05:34:35 pm »
From the Vespa photo shoot in Toronto:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1117 on: September 10, 2006, 05:35:50 pm »

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1118 on: September 10, 2006, 06:32:38 pm »
Great series, Meryl. He looks like such a regular guy. That is, a regular guy who happens to be incredibly hot (insert nonexistent drooling smiley icon here).

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1119 on: September 11, 2006, 12:00:28 am »
Oh, Meryl, that last one...

<sigh> very heavy sigh

Heathen