Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3700601 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #1120 on: September 11, 2006, 12:13:10 am »
Oh, Meryl, that last one...

<sigh> very heavy sigh

Yeah..... :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1121 on: September 11, 2006, 02:01:39 am »
Is that a new tattoo on his right forearm?  Methinks oui.  Beautiful pictures. 

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1122 on: September 11, 2006, 02:15:35 am »
You can add me in your row of sighing, drooling, melting gals  :laugh: (Did I happen to mention it before?  ;))

I'd like to see that new tattoo properly. I think it's kinda odd for a tattoo. An almost black square with ?? of white in it? Like a negative of a tattoo.

Not that I would mind. Odd tattoo or not - he's one of the hottest things under the sky.
And the series is really beautiful. Thank you Meryl  :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1123 on: September 11, 2006, 07:09:44 am »
Is that a new tattoo on his right forearm?  Methinks oui.  Beautiful pictures. 

Yes, there has been some talk about it. Personally, I don't think it looks like it is going to age well. Too much ink, IMO. There is also a fairly new one on his left forearm...some sort of a bird. I think there was a picture of it on this very thread! LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1124 on: September 11, 2006, 11:11:31 am »
Here are a few more.  The tats are a little more clear:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #1125 on: September 11, 2006, 11:55:51 am »
You can add me in your row of sighing, drooling, melting gals  :laugh:

And another!  :P

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1126 on: September 12, 2006, 11:46:29 am »
HLC just put up a really  nice interview from Toronto--with an interviewer from UK.
He talks a little bit about Batman, and mostly about researching for Candy. He looks so good.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1127 on: September 12, 2006, 02:17:50 pm »
I wonder what the picture on his T-shirt is about. In the first photo, it looks like a silhouette of Michelle.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1128 on: September 12, 2006, 08:41:38 pm »
some stuff from the Casanova interview:

Q: Is it possible to say which of the three films you have here in Venice you preferred?
Heath Ledge: Well, they were all important for me (laughs). I mean obviously Brokeback Mountain was an obstacle I felt I could never climb, I could never defeat, that it was too tough but ultimately decided to do it. And with that I came out with a real sense of accomplishment which was something that I lacked in the movies that I’ve done before, I’d never felt that I’m accomplished anything. But then in both Brothers Grimm and Casanova there was a lot to enjoy. Brothers Grimm was the first time I’ve been let loose and use my kind of frantic energy and twitching and nervousness and clumsiness and Terry Gilliam is very good at allowing you to do that. He sets you free and creates an environment where you can feel safe enough to be bad – he lets you be bad and he lets you be big, which is fun. And with Lasse on Casanova he created such a lovely atmosphere on the set, with such a great group of people, cast and crew, that it really helped the film.

Q: You have a tattoo on your right arm which reads ‘Old Man River’ What does that mean?
Heath Ledge: It’s got a few meanings, they all have many meanings, and I usually get tattoos when I need to be reminded of something but the answer I’ll give you (laughs) is that it has nothing to do with the song, I just felt there was something eternal about the phrase and I feel that I’m at a stage in my life now where life is just about to really speed up and flash by and so I feel like I am on old man river paddling on a little row boat. That’s my answer for today (laughs). This one (points to left forearm) Is my sisters and my mum, Cate, Ashley, Olvia and Sally – yes ‘chaos’ or Sony when it’s upside down which I discovered when it was too late (laughs). and thought ‘oh great..’

Q: How do you feel about being suddenly acclaimed as such a big star?
Heath Ledge: Well, it doesn’t feel so sudden – it’s only been three days (laughs). I guess I’m hoping that it gives me more freedom of choice and I’m hoping it gives me more opportunities work with the directors I want to work with and that’s really it. But I’m also hoping that it doesn’t change my personal life.

Q: How do you choose your roles?
Heath Ledge: I don’t have that much forward planning about what I want to do in the future. But I guess once I find something, like if I’m doing Lords of Dogtown, I really like to flip the scale on the next job I’m doing. It’s almost like you are a switchboard in a sound booth and on one job you use one side and by the end of the job you are kind of exhausted by it, but you didn’t use any of the other side over here so you have to find something that will mean you using this half of your brain, energy wise, and that’s how Brokeback Mountain and Casanova complimented each other. Brokeback was excruciating and Casanova was drinking wine and eating pasta, it was like a holiday. But I’ve got no future plans, I don’t know what I’m going to do next as along as it scares me, as long as it’s something new, as long as I get to scare other people. As long as it’s an opportunity to evolve and grow as an actor and a person and challenge myself.

O0

Heathen

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #1129 on: September 13, 2006, 01:50:20 pm »
 :) here's a new article about Heath talking about his new movie "Candy":

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/9-12-06?GT1=7701

talk about getting into a role - he actually learned how to shoot up heroin for this movie! :o

Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist