Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312648 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2006, 12:15:21 pm »

I don't know that Lizzie should be all alone at the ranch even with patrols.   
With ennis and Marianne gone.
I am so glad Ennis is going to go to jack, this is such a tough one, and Jack's dad is being a real pig head.     He is going to have to face up to some harsh realities soon.    they could always rent out the land, and he could just collect the rent and come once in awhile to inspect the pasture conditions. Happens all the time.   

Now I really want to know more of Marianne's story and how she learned to defend herself so well and not take any crap from bullies!!   Very curious now.

I agree, there was always something mysterious lurking in Marianne's past. I hope that she didn't have to learn self defence after something nasty happening to her.

As for Liz being left alone, Lori tantilisingly mentioned something in response to a comment along the lines of her having plans for dealing with the situation in the boys absence - should prove interesting.

I loved the way that Ennis came to the realisation that the most important thing for him to do was to be at Jack's side. And Ennis being Ennis once his mind was decided there was no stopping him. I think that with him to lean on Jack will find dealing with his father much easier. Oh, and Ennis will get to meet Jack's mum at last.

Thank you Lori for such a wonderful story.

Karen
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 07:34:20 am by Kazza »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2006, 02:29:47 pm »
I agree, there was always something mysterious lurking in Marianne's past.

Yep, agreed

I hope that she didn't have to learn self defence after something nasty happening to her.

Bet it was this way.

As for Liz being left alone, Lori tantilisingly mentioned something in response to a comment along the lines of her having plans for dealing with the situation in the boy's absence - should prove interesting.

I didn't catch this in the comments, now I'm curious. I have a feeling Peter will reappear (don't know whether this will be good or not, though)

And Ennis being Ennis once his mind was decided there was no stopping him.

*sigh* Ennis is on his way to Jack - finally. Yep, Ennis is determined - come hell or high water. But I sure hope Lori will spare him from both  ;D
I love the stubborn, determined side of Ennis.

Apart from our boys being reunited (knock-on-wood), this gives prospects of many interesting interactions: Ennis + Alma (what will she say concerning Francine?), Ennis + Francine (grrr, that brainwashed girl) and Ennis meeting Mrs Twist.

This story is truly a classic among BBM fanfic. The last few chapters were very interesting , especially chap 21 (The Chapter Of Nothing but Intense Long Conversations That Nearly Killed the Author).

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2006, 08:15:18 am »
Chapter 23:

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/64393.html

Whoo-hoo an update!

SPOILER

Well, that was a busy chapter.

A trap is going to be set for the bad guys. Well, they're in for a surprise if they think that Ennis and Jack are friendless and that the ranch is going to be left vunerable.

I like your dipiction of Alma and her growing friendship with Jack's Mum. Alma and Jack will never be best friends, but it seems that they are finding a way to live on the fringes of each other's lives.

Ennis and Old Man Twist's meeting was wonderful. I think that desipte his language, OMT is a bit awed by Ennis, and bit afraid in fact. We know that he's threatened by Jack. Jack has managed to become a successful man despite being gay (shock, horror!), and this is hard for his old man to stomach. Must feel like a challange to his own masculinity. I liked Ennis defending himself and Jack, and keeping his cool.

And finally, our boys back together! Yay!!!! They are definately stronger together. Loved this line:
 He stood there in that hotel room laced tight with his man and felt life pouring into his near-spent batteries, plugged back into the circuit that they made between the two of them,

Thanks again Lori for such a wonderful story.

Karen

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2006, 04:01:21 am »
Ok, I'm all caught up and up to date.  All I can say is this piece of work continues to amaze me.  Lori you are an awesome writer.  There are sentences that just leap out as truths and reaslims and epiphanies in real life.  These are 'high-liter worthy" sentences and your work is filled with them.  Also, the whole first paragraph of Chapter 23 was awesome.  Explains so much we already knew, but couldn't put into words.  You did.  You women seem to know gay men better than we know ourselves, or are willing to admit about ourselves.  This is why we need you to continue to write about us...  ;D 

As I said earlier, if there was ever to be an alternative movie/stage-play, etc. made, I want THIS to be it.   :D

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2006, 12:09:47 am »
OH Thank YOU Lori for the new chapter.  It was wonderful!!
spoilers;;;;;;;;;

;
;;
;
;
;
;

I am really liking Lars, he cracks me up.   AND Lizzie entering into a plot with the sheriff has my curiosity really peaked.    She can be a sneaky one I think, and with help, maybe they can deal with this crap once and for all.   I hope everything goes like they think it will.

Really liked the exchange between John and Ennis, Ennis really kept his cool and still made some points, very interesting.
I don't know that John is ever going to realize it isn't about him.  I also don't know how he is going to keep Grace healthy with his unwillingness to actually face the fact that she is having some real problems.  jack may have money, but John is the spouse, and the end decisions will have to have his approval--which really sets up the men for more conflict. And no one will win if they fight too much.     I like Grace and Alma too, their exchanges are very open with each other. We learn some when they talk.

I am so glad the boys got back together---they need each other, and I need them together.
Everything is better when they can face it together.    I handle it better too. LOL

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2006, 04:57:13 am »
Lori posted chapter 24

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/64833.html#cutid1

what a nice read on a sunday morning!

phew, hot damn  ;D

very sweet Lori, thanks  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2006, 11:36:03 am »
And for those who like to read on fanfic:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2841251/24/

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2006, 09:19:55 pm »
YES!!!   OH THANK YOU!!!!!   SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

WHEW!!

Fans face with hand!!! ;) ;D :-* :-*

goes back to reread!!!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2006, 12:15:29 am »
Two words:  "Olympic Head"   :D