Author Topic: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori  (Read 312541 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Human Interest and Two Crows Joy by MadLori
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2008, 10:33:50 pm »
I was over checkin' to see if there was another chapter after Chapter 37.  Lori says she will continue to write, and she's going to finish off Zero and then TCJ...

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2008, 12:14:20 pm »
I was over checkin' to see if there was another chapter after Chapter 37.  Lori says she will continue to write, and she's going to finish off Zero and then TCJ...

Any idea when? It,s been ages and ages.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2008, 01:31:48 pm »
There have been other inquiries on other forums - and she has replied to them pretty promptly so perhaps she will reply to the inquiries here.  To other inquiries she has said she is presently working on a fic in another fandom but will be returning to finish her other stories when she is done.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:26 pm »
I can't wait for the update to Two Crows Joy!!  Both Human Interest and Two Crows Joy are amazing stories! I'm rereading HI now.

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2008, 01:32:56 pm »
Well I thought I ought to add my 0.02c worth...

Human Interest was the first BBM fanfic I read, infact the first ever fanfic I read. I found HI accidentally while I was looking for pics of Heath online to use as an avatar after his death as a kind of tribute. Always one for following links of no relation to what I looking for originally, I found myself on Flickr and a photo that was apparently inspired by a particular scene in HI. Having no idea what "Human Interest" was, I felt compelled to follow the link to find out more, and after finding myself in the middle of HI, then decided I ought to go back and start it from the beginning.

Of course I was hooked, reading into the early hours of the morning, even though I'd got to be up early for work, read when I should have been working, skipping meals and eating hurried meals at the screen, left dust building up because cleaning up seemed so damned unimportant, and felt though I was actually living in Farmingdale. HI started me off on the healing process and made me realise that anything's possible in fiction - even a happy ever after Jack and Ennis.

Today I've got nothing done I was going to do because I finished reading chapter 32 late last night (anyone who's read TCJ will know the significance of chapter 32) and I just couldn't wait until tonight and my usual "reading time" to find out what was going to happen, and then of course once I started reading again this morning got swallowed up in the story and couldn't leave it - hence having done nothing I was planning doing today.

I so need to know what happens next, but having neglected RL stuff of late because I've spent so much time reading, I guess a break for a while and catching up on that won't hurt me, and hell, if Jack and Ennis had to endure all those years apart before they got their "sweet life", I guess I can wait a while for the update on TCJ.  ;) 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 03:04:24 pm by BlissC »

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2008, 04:52:00 am »

Excellent review of finding the stories of Madlori.  HI was my way to heal also, as has been many
of the other fanfic stories, but I always go back to Lori.  She has such a way with these two characters..

Beautiful mind

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2008, 11:30:33 pm »
Here is a new story set in the Farmingdale "universe" is a prequel to Human Interest:

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/95333.html

There are three chapters written so far.  The author is not MadLori.  I can't really find out who the author is because LJ just confuses me.  I have no idea how it works.  I'm lucky I even found this... LOL.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Annie Proulx. Farmingdale universe/ characters curtsy of Lori Summers. “The Coming Storm” is a (fanfic) precursor to the events depicted in “Human Interest” and “Two Crows Joy”.   
Rating: R
Summary: (AU) 1980: Bobby Twist, an insecure  thirteen-year-old from Texas, reluctantly travels to his father’s up-and-coming Vermont ranch for his annual summer visit. Bobby’s father, an openly gay man living with his partner of four years, is soon forced to navigate the tumultuous terrain of fatherhood while trying to stay true to the man he’s committed his life to.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2008, 11:51:27 pm »
Here is a new story set in the Farmingdale "universe" is a prequel to Human Interest:

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/95333.html

There are three chapters written so far.  The author is not MadLori.  I can't really find out who the author is because LJ just confuses me.  I have no idea how it works.  I'm lucky I even found this... LOL.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Annie Proulx. Farmingdale universe/ characters curtsy of Lori Summers. “The Coming Storm” is a (fanfic) precursor to the events depicted in “Human Interest” and “Two Crows Joy”.   
Rating: R
Summary: (AU) 1980: Bobby Twist, an insecure  thirteen-year-old from Texas, reluctantly travels to his father’s up-and-coming Vermont ranch for his annual summer visit. Bobby’s father, an openly gay man living with his partner of four years, is soon forced to navigate the tumultuous terrain of fatherhood while trying to stay true to the man he’s committed his life to.

Thanks for post this.  I read the first installment and really like it.  It seems clear that this one will be a sad one.  :'(

I'm excited to see how things go with TCJ now that Zero at the Bone is pretty much wrapped up.  I think I'll have to do a little bit of re-reading when things get cooking with TCJ again.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2008, 12:36:26 am »
I've also enjoyed this new prequel. I can't wait to read more of it.  I'm still dying for an update to TCJ.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2008, 12:39:33 am »

Hey Bud,

I think there are tons of us out there waiting for the next update for TCJ.  And, folks are still waiting on the epilogue for Zero too.  Based on past comments/ news, Madlori still seems dedicated and interested in writing/ finishing these stories, so I think there's lots of reason to be optimisitc... but patient too. :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie