Author Topic: Entry Fee by Maidenofthesea  (Read 3177 times)

mvansand76

Entry Fee by Maidenofthesea
« on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:48 am »
Hi all!

Is anybody reading this story? Please feel free to discuss it here if you want to?

Entry Fee
Jack is a big time Rodeo Champion, Ennis an unwilling calf roper. They meet on the Rodeo Circuit and its a battle of many things, most of these, corruption. On both ends. This story will not be long, 6-7 chapters at best.

Link to the first chapter:

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/1150723.html

:D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Entry Fee by Maidenofthesea
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:36:27 pm »
Hey Bud!

Yes!  I am reading this story and I really like it.  I tend to like stories in general that deal with the rodeo theme. 

I've read most of this author's other stories as well, so I was pretty sure it'd be a good read.  I wonder if it will get longer than originally intended.  It already feels like the pace could make this longer than 6 or 7 chapters.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 12:31:14 pm »
Yep, another really good read.  I think the author mentioned in a comment reply that it may go a little longer than the originally planned 6 or 7 chapters.  Ennis sure took me (and Jack) by surprise at the end of Chapter 4!   ;D  Nice way to turn the tables - and end the chapter.   

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:17:02 pm »
yeah I was wondering about the no. of chapters too!

I loved that ending to chapter 4, I NEVER saw it coming but I think I am beginning to like this Ennis! He certainly took Jack by surprise! :laugh:

mvansand76

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 05:06:52 pm »
Hey, isn't it time for a new chapter?

::)

;D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 06:19:35 pm »
Hey, isn't it time for a new chapter?

::)

;D

Hi Mel,

I don't know if you saw... but back on Oct. 3rd there was a little status update about Entry Fee and Dead Petals posted on Brokebackslash.  It looks like the stories will indeed be finished, which is exciting news.
:)

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/tag/maidenofthesea

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:41:24 pm »
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain