Author Topic: General Discussion and Recs  (Read 375729 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: General Discussion and Recs
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2010, 11:28:46 am »
sorry amanda, but I haven´t heard anything about Bus stop.

Do you guys also get a craving for a certain fan fic at times?
Ever since I woke up this morning I´ve had a longing to re-read Zero at the Bone. Can´t wait until tonight!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #241 on: June 02, 2010, 11:30:46 am »
Yeah, I love Zero too!  I've read the book version and the fanfic version twice each.  Oooooooooooo, how I wish she'd finish Two Crows Joy too.

Do you guys also get a craving for a certain fan fic at times?
Ever since I woke up this morning I´ve had a longing to re-read Zero at the Bone. Can´t wait until tonight!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #242 on: June 02, 2010, 11:38:58 am »
Yeah, I love Zero too!  I've read the book version and the fanfic version twice each.  Oooooooooooo, how I wish she'd finish Two Crows Joy too.

how was it to read the book version with the changed names? Just as good or weird?

Yeah, it´s a fantastic fanfic. Fantastic.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2010, 11:44:35 am »
how was it to read the book version with the changed names? Just as good or weird?

Yeah, it´s a fantastic fanfic. Fantastic.

The book is really good!  It feels a little more polished, understandably.  I recommend buying it.  You can order it off of Amazon.  I also bought the book form of Shades of Gray.  It's kind of interesting how the tone of Shades and Zero is kind of the same (the thriller vibe, the crime element, the need to hide out and protect one another, etc.).  But, having read and compared the two books, I have to say I much prefer Zero.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2010, 11:54:43 am »
The book is really good!  It feels a little more polished, understandably.  I recommend buying it.  You can order it off of Amazon.  I also bought the book form of Shades of Gray.  It's kind of interesting how the tone of Shades and Zero is kind of the same (the thriller vibe, the crime element, the need to hide out and protect one another, etc.).  But, having read and compared the two boks, I have to say I much prefer Zero.

that's interesting, thanks. I've meant to buy both books for quite some time now, but just haven't gotten around to it.
Yes, those two stories are very much alike. I really can't say which one I prefer. I think I've read Shades of Gray more times than Zero at the Bones, mostly because it involves fewer secondary characters and the less action that doesn't directly involve Jack or Ennis. I have always thought of Shades as a sort of condensed version of Zero. I love them both.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2010, 04:45:21 pm »

I hear you!!

HI/TCJ saved my sanity, really. I don't need it the way I did any more, but I would really like to see it finished.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2010, 12:29:59 pm »
woho...Zero reread. Fan fiction is not good for my sleeping habits

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2010, 06:37:13 pm »
sorry amanda, but I haven´t heard anything about Bus stop.

Heya!  Well, I'm excited!  A new chapter of the Bus Stop was just posted today!  I really like this story.
 :D

http://bcatjr.livejournal.com/30581.html

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2010, 10:26:36 pm »
I really recommend that you guys read One Little Thing by Sandscrit. It´s completed and she is posting new chapters of it continually.
So far, four chapters are up.
It´s very well-written and has the boys meet when Ennis is 14 and Jack 12. It´s a AU story.

You can find it here on her livejournal

http://sandscrit.livejournal.com/

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2010, 03:07:16 am »
Hi ya´ll
Just made the mistake of reading the last chapter of Catch the Westbound (the last part of the Union Pacific series). I usually don´t read the last part but today I did and oh man...

I´ve been rereading old fics a lot lately, both the entire Union Pacific series as well as Zero at the Bones. I often find myself rereading old fics rather than start on new ones. The only new fic that I´m reading every update of is the fic that I recomended in the post above. It´s really, really good.

Well, now maybe I should get started on Portrait of a Farmer. I´m kinda in the mood for it I think.