Author Topic: Having a bad day?  (Read 77124 times)

mvansand76

Re: Having a bad day?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 04:17:13 pm »
'nother one:

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.

Dagi

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 05:29:10 pm »
So true. ::)  :(

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 05:35:35 pm »
Well I don't know if anyone is interested by I'll write it out anyway.

Shortly after I bought this house and the male behind me found out I was a single female he has started bothering me but I have stood up to him. I also told neighbors about his harassment (one good neighbor has since moved replaced by jerks) I would not let him intimidate me. I recently found out that he is telling everyone in the neighborhood that I am a racist. Which is of coarse a filthy lie and my opinion that only a true racist could start a lie like this.

I found out because the one neighbor started yelling it at me. At least I finally know why I have had a rock thrown at my car, been harassed by kids. Items in my front yard damaged, pointed at. Yet when I had asked people what the problem was they lied to me and said they didn't know what I was talking about.

I took my Star Of David plaque off my front deck because I was worried I would find it smashed in the driveway. What I don't get is why no one has come to me directly and just asked me about what they have heard. I think they love this lie because they can now point their fingers at the single female in the neighborhood and then no one will know about the white hoods in their closet.

My mother survived nazi germany has a 1/2 Jew and being raised by her was not easy. I have a major problem with the stand by mentality; If it doesn't effect me why should I care" It's probably one of the reasons I open my mouth when I hear meanness and slurs.

Anyway I'm just sick of my anxiety going up everytime I drive up to this place. I think these people are cowards who enjoy bothering someone they see as weaker than themselves. I know my mother told me at the end of WWII how the nazis ran like scared little girls when it was over. I think these people are the same.

If that man is harassing you, I think you should call the police, at least let them know what's going on. Also, try to find out who you can trust around the neighborhood. There has to be somebody else. I'm sure not everybody is bad.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 06:06:06 pm »
I've had a bad week. The organisation I work for has been attacked on the front page of the newspapers and pilloried in the New South Wales Parliament this week, today included. We were all over the television new again tonight. Without going into the morbid details (and they are, literally, morbid), suffice to say that I wouldn't swap places with our Chief Executive for all the tea in China. He's really in the hot seat right now. Everyone in his office, me included, has been under a lot of pressure this week. It'll blow over in time and we'll survive (it's a Government organisation) but I have a terrible feeling it'll get worse, before it gets better. Thank goodness it's a long weekend in Oz this weekend, with a public holiday on Monday. I need it!  8)

Kerry, a hug to you. Sounds like you are being judged, and battered with tire irons, and no-one cares about the other side of the story.

Bad things happen, and that is very sad. It's a pity, though, that the media jump on, and politicians pass the buck to, public servants who are, emotionally, also victims, and working their butts off with stretched resources to achieve good things the other 99.9% of the time. They have little chance of getting media coverage of that. It's not sensational.

Take heart. I'm sure most folk are intelligent enough to understand the real causes.

The media knows that there are always those who like an opportunity to judge for the occasional feeling of superiority that it gives them. People like that need our sympathy.

Hang in there, friend. And have a relaxing weekend.

Rob  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 06:54:46 pm »
Thank you everyone for your hugs and support. Our organisation (health) has  approx 5,000 personnel and what went amiss was in a particular area far from me. However, I work directly with the Chief Executive and the buck stops with him. Thanks again to you all. Your love and support means a great deal to me at this stressful time.

:-* [[[ Group Hug ]]]  :-*
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2007, 11:06:59 am »
hugs to all.

xxxxxx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2007, 11:40:52 am »
If that man is harassing you, I think you should call the police, at least let them know what's going on. Also, try to find out who you can trust around the neighborhood. There has to be somebody else. I'm sure not everybody is bad.

I agree. It could be that there are other people in your neighbourhood who are also being terrorised by the same people terrorising you. The police could be building-up a dossier on these bastards. I can't imagine how dreadful it must be, not to feel safe in one's own home. My heart goes out to you, Wishes. I hope this matter is soon resolved for you. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2007, 02:05:37 pm »
hugs to all.

xxxxxx

Hey Kelda! Glad to have you back! *hugs*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 03:14:49 pm »
Wishes, I hope things get better for you. I know what it feels like. I had a similar problem in my own neighborhood, partly due to my sexuality, and partly due to a fist fight between my roommate and some neighbors down the road from me. The whole thing escalated out of control and people in the neighborhood started picking sides. Soon my house was pelted with eggs, dead fish were thrown on my porch and slurs uttered as people walked/drove past my house. Somebody even mailed me a box of dog crap. But I found comfort in my allies. And I had many of them. I'm sure you do too. Find out who they are and keep in touch with them. It's an awful feeling NOT to feel comfortable and safe in your own home! I will be sending you many positive thoughts.

Kerry, I was very sorry to hear about your situation at work. I hope things get better for you too, buddy!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 05:20:26 pm »
Wishes, I hope things get better for you. I know what it feels like. I had a similar problem in my own neighborhood, partly due to my sexuality, and partly due to a fist fight between my roommate and some neighbors down the road from me. The whole thing escalated out of control and people in the neighborhood started picking sides. Soon my house was pelted with eggs, dead fish were thrown on my porch and slurs uttered as people walked/drove past my house. Somebody even mailed me a box of dog crap. But I found comfort in my allies. And I had many of them. I'm sure you do too. Find out who they are and keep in touch with them. It's an awful feeling NOT to feel comfortable and safe in your own home! I will be sending you many positive thoughts.

Oh dear David - not good! Glad you got through it.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/