Author Topic: Having a bad day?  (Read 77023 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Having a bad day?
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 05:54:26 pm »

It never ceases to amaze me.  And I dont know why it shouldnt.  How people can make a mountain from a grain of sand.  Building up piles of hate inside, and spitting it at others.  These dreadful people must be so very unhappy and miserable in their own life.  They have to tear down others in order to feel big.  Its human nature at its most vial and distasteful.  I despise those that
seek to give hate and meanness for no reason.  Bullies are such cowards.  They also seem to feed at the trough of swill, of rumor and innuendo.

So sorry for all of the fear and pains you have all suffered....    :(       :(

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 06:45:45 pm »
Wouldn't it be nice if we had a spot out in the country for "Brokieland" where we could move if we wanted to and all live in harmony?

I don't have too much neighbor trouble, but someone turned me in a few years ago and said my dogs barked (it must have been while I was at work because they didn't bark at night) and now they have to stay inside or I risk big problems.

I liked it better when I lived out in the country. My nearest neighbor couldn't hear even if my dogs did bark--too far away.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 07:16:09 pm »
Not so much a bad day for me but a sad incident and something to reflect on.

My sister & her 3 girls (9yo, 5yo and 4yo) lives in a little village about 10 miles from me called Monkton. Its a fairly close knit little place and all the kids play together. ther 4 yo with the 11 yo etc.

My 9 year old nieces best friends big sister (who was 11) hung herself on Tuesday evening.

Seems to have been a very spur of the moment thing - she had been out playing and had spoken to my niece only an hour or so earlier.

No real reason. At that age trivial little things are such a big deal.

I feel so sorry for the family - they are such a lovely family and they are heartbroken. The little sister was round with my niece last night (she was bored in the house with adults all around - she only had the one big sister and she wanted out of the house) and apparently she seems to be dealing with it remarkably well.

So sad. 11 years old for goodness sake. RIP Kara.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 07:42:57 pm »
crap.

{{{Kelda}}}

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 07:47:28 pm »
Very tragic, Kelda. The sisters will probably need counseling. The parents will never get over it.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 08:01:56 pm »
Oh Kelda, that is AWFUL!!  :'(  :'(

God, I can't even imagine what that family is going through right now. I'm so sorry Kelda!  :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 10:46:07 pm »
Wishes, I hope things get better for you. I know what it feels like. I had a similar problem in my own neighborhood, partly due to my sexuality, and partly due to a fist fight between my roommate and some neighbors down the road from me. The whole thing escalated out of control and people in the neighborhood started picking sides. Soon my house was pelted with eggs, dead fish were thrown on my porch and slurs uttered as people walked/drove past my house. Somebody even mailed me a box of dog crap. But I found comfort in my allies. And I had many of them. I'm sure you do too. Find out who they are and keep in touch with them. It's an awful feeling NOT to feel comfortable and safe in your own home! I will be sending you many positive thoughts.

Kerry, I was very sorry to hear about your situation at work. I hope things get better for you too, buddy!  :)

Crikey, that's terrible, David. Has it stopped now? Has it been resolved? I'm very lucky in that I live in a high-rise building,  close to the city, within Sydney's gay precinct. People in my building are typical big-city people, who keep to themselves and mind their own business. It's not at all unusual to stand in a full elevator in my building with not a word being spoken, even though we are all, technically, neighbours. Friends visiting from the country or outer suburbs will sometimes say "Hello" to people in the elevator. It's sad that their friendliness is viewed with suspicion and silence. But that's big city people for you. Personally, I'm comfortable in this environment and would not be happy to be chummy with my neighbours. That's life in the city for ya!   :-\  I hope your neighbourhood problems have been resolved, David.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 10:51:41 pm »
Kelda,

Your story of the tragedy of the 11 year-old is so sad.

It's bad enough when adults are stressed to their limit and come to that point of despair.

The pressure on young kids in our present times is terrible.

My heart goes out to the family and friends who are bearing this pain.

xRob

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 10:51:41 pm »
Not so much a bad day for me but a sad incident and something to reflect on.

That's a tragic story, Kelda. My heart really goes out to them. Children are resilient and will move on but I have grave concerns for the parents of the deceased child. It'll be with them forever now. Very sad.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 11:06:45 pm »
Hi Kerry,

I hope the situation at work settles down soon, and you will feel better.

And I hope you can enjoy the weekend without thinking too much about it. It's glorious weather for the spirit, isn't it?

I'm off to Queensland , Sunday, for a week, but will log in when I can. I do enjoy Bettermost, and might have more time for that now.
Might need a spirit lift, too. I have a handicapped daughter there being subjected to such discrimation at work she has had to take a week off (she works for the Gov't), and she lives alone, which doesn't help. My son is there, too, and is battling cancer. So ... there are a couple of kids up there who desperately need some comforting.

Rob  :)