Author Topic: Having a bad day?  (Read 77042 times)

Offline TXdoug

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Having a bad day?
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2007, 11:10:14 pm »
                                                              [[[ Kerry ]]]

[[[ Rob ]]]

[[[ Kelda ]]]

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007, 01:11:41 am »
Hi Kerry,

I hope the situation at work settles down soon, and you will feel better.

And I hope you can enjoy the weekend without thinking too much about it. It's glorious weather for the spirit, isn't it?

I'm off to Queensland , Sunday, for a week, but will log in when I can. I do enjoy Bettermost, and might have more time for that now.
Might need a spirit lift, too. I have a handicapped daughter there being subjected to such discrimination at work she has had to take a week off (she works for the Gov't), and she lives alone, which doesn't help. My son is there, too, and is battling cancer. So ... there are a couple of kids up there who desperately need some comforting.

Rob  :)

Thank you for your best wishes re my present unfortunate work situation, Rob. I hope that it will have all settled down by the time you return from Queensland. Or, at least, be out of the headlines!  :-\

You are so right, this glorious Spring weather is, indeed, good for the spirit. It doesn't get much better than today, weather wise. Sydney at its best. Pity we couldn't have had weather like this for APEC. I love the rain, though.

I was very sorry to hear of your daughter's experience of discrimination at work. I'm not sure about in Queensland, but certainly here in NSW, there is legislation in place to prevent against discrimination, harassment and bullying in the workplace. Has she got a good solicitor? Tell her to sue their pants off. The buck stops with her employer. It is her employer's duty of care to prevent a workplace situation of discrimination from arising. It must be very stressful and hurtful for her. I hope it's resolved soon for her. And also for your son. What's his prognosis like? Where's the cancer? How old is he? I know you'll give your son and daughter lots of love while you're there with them in Queensland. And love is so therapeutic. It's probably the most therapeutic thing one can give to another.

Safe journey. Talk soon. K.  8)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007, 10:48:54 am »
safe journey and hugs underdown.

and hugs to evryone else too!  :-*

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 05:04:11 pm »
I just embarrassed myself.  :P

I looked at my cell phone and noticed (or I THOUGHT I noticed) someone who called and I missed it. So I called them back and they DENIED they called me. I was like "yes you did call because it's right here on the screen" and they said something like "no I didn't. I never called you today". Well this went back and forth until I got sick and tired of arguing and hung up the phone. Just now I looked at my screen and the call was gone! Well, to make a long story short, I accidently looked at my "contacts" screen instead of the "missed call" screen. So I called them back and apologized.

Okay. I know it's not EARTH SHATTERING or anything, but I felt like a damn fool!  :laugh:

>:(  >:(

Dumbass cell phones!  :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007, 05:49:53 pm »

You are a super guy, to make that call David.  You definately lead the integrity parade...

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2007, 06:02:14 pm »

I looked at my cell phone and noticed (or I THOUGHT I noticed) someone who called and I missed it. So I called them back and they DENIED they called me. I was like "yes you did call because it's right here on the screen" and they said something like "no I didn't. I never called you today". Well this went back and forth until I got sick and tired of arguing and hung up the phone. Just now I looked at my screen and the call was gone! Well, to make a long story short, I accidently looked at my "contacts" screen instead of the "missed call" screen. So I called them back and apologized.

Okay. I know it's not EARTH SHATTERING or anything, but I felt like a damn fool!  :laugh:

LOL!! yeah, BLAME the PHONE.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2007, 06:08:36 pm »

Goodn ess me.  This is such a sad day of bad days.  Kelda, even people on the perorifory
of those events feel terrible.  I know from personal experience, it is hard for even friends to understand and get over.  The poor family will never heal entirely.  It is something they will carry forever.
           Underdown I hope you get to spend some quality time with your children.  Sounds like
you all need some together time. (((((((hugs)))))))) Turn to your Bettermost friends for support.

Beautiful mind

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2007, 01:31:36 am »
Thanks for those kind thoughts, folks. I'll tell them you are thinking of them.  :)

I'm just about to head off on the long drive.

Hi Kerry. My daughter is, actually, a lawyer herself, with Queensland Natural Resources (water): typically underfunded. They do have laws, and she is certainly no dummy, but the department head seems to think that if she is doing the job, she should work just as hard as the able bodied (like, them). He says he is not telling her to, but makes it plain that it would not be good for her career if she doesn't. The public service was her only option. She has been working on her masters in environment and planning law as well, not long recovered from a busted knee (she trips over a lot) and a recent dose of Gardia, and is just about at the end of her tether. But she is very stubborn, if rather timid at times, lives on her own and is very independent, and will bounce back, I'm sure.
Hmmmm. That should be in the discrimation thread, I suppose.
My son was diagnosed with t/cancer a while back. Had a half operation and very minimal treatment because they thought they had caught it and, at 26, he doesn't want to miss out on having children. It is the most aggressive form of 3, apparently, and his tests are still positive. So, he has some hard decisions to make. He is the strong silent type, and doesn't want to accept that he might not make it. At the same time, he wants to make sure his afairs are in order (he's a very meticulous person).

Had better get on the road, hey. Will give me a change to think about the therapeutic properties of love, and lots of other things.

Take care all.
Rob  :) :) :) :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007, 02:40:38 am »

No, not earth shattering, but certainly very disconcerting. A strange thing happened to me the other morning, that was also quite disconcerting. I've been tying  a necktie around my neck every morning of my life for more years than I care to remember. It's always the same process - a standard Windsor knot. I could do it upside-down under water. Or, at least, I thought I could. On this particular occasion, I completely forgot how to tie my necktie! And the more I tried, the more confused and frustrated I became. I ended up with what looked like an OK knot, but it wasn't a proper Windsor knot! The following morning, I was quite nervous about it happening again. As it turned out, I had no trouble the following day and have experienced no difficulty since. Just one of those spooky aberrations life throws at us from time to time I guess. Like your experience with the phone, David, it wasn't earth shattering, but disconcerting all the same.   
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2007, 02:47:05 am »
Had better get on the road, hey.

Think of me as you're driving through Nambucca Heads, Rob. It's a beautiful spot. A dear friend lives there and it's presently at the top of my "Potential Retirement Destinations" list.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν