Author Topic: Almost 10,000 votes cast on OSCARwatch.com  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Almost 10,000 votes cast on OSCARwatch.com
« on: September 02, 2007, 09:51:34 pm »
for the best movies of 1999-2006.  Brokeback Mountain came in #2.  #1 was NOT Crash, but another film with a strong following ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND.    I think it's great that we grind it into their faces, i.e. that BBM is remembered. It's a frequently viewed website by Academy Members so some of them have taste ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awards Daily Favorite Movies (1999-2006) Poll Results
Remember this poll? From last Friday. We kept waiting, hanging on, hoping the number of votes would reach 10,000... but looks like that's not gonna happen. (50 votes short. Damn you, Diebold!)

These are brilliant choices, and you guys have ranked them in surprising and very satisfying fashion. What's very cool is how -- in addition to some strong favorites -- you spread the love around, with even the titles at the bottom of the chart getting very respectable numbers (though I feel kinda bad for Hitler).

Here are the top 9. The complete chart continues on the next page with #10 and the remaining 30.

Eternal Sunshine at 597 votes 

Brokeback Mountain at 500 votes

The Departed at 453 votes

American Beauty at 451votes

LoTR Return of the King  430 votes

Children of Men  425 votes

Moulin Rouge 418 votes.

Pan's Labryinth 418 votes

LoTH Fellowship of the Ring  348 votes.

The rest can be followed at this link:

http://www.awardsdaily.com/2007/08/awards_daily_favorite_movies_1_1.html#more                 

Oscarwatch.com = Awardsdaily.com    They must change their name to oscarwatch as the award season gets underway